+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 heart attacks

2 heart attacks

there seems to be a lot of it about

Re: 2 heart attacks

I think the FA have changed their procedures to now stop games when there’s a medical emergency in the stands. I don’t think there’s any more of it happening, just that it’s a lot more noticeable with games getting paused. I can recall a couple of games over the years where there’s been fans taken to ambulances and unless you’re in the same part of the ground you wouldn’t know.
    Thankfully, the way clubs and medical staff handle these incidents seems to be working as to my knowledge no one has died yet from being taken ill in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I think the FA have changed their procedures to now stop games when there’s a medical emergency in the stands. I don’t think there’s any more of it happening, just that it’s a lot more noticeable with games getting paused. I can recall a couple of games over the years where there’s been fans taken to ambulances and unless you’re in the same part of the ground you wouldn’t know.
    Thankfully, the way clubs and medical staff handle these incidents seems to be working as to my knowledge no one has died yet from being taken ill in the stands.
    Why change their policy on this? It seems a slightly strange thing to do. Would have thought getting them out and under the stands to some kind of medical room is better? Must create a lot of pressure knowing play has stopped and 40000 pairs of eyes are on you

The anti-vaxxers are absolutely creaming themselves with excitement at the increase in footballers suffering from heart related issues this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Why change their policy on this? It seems a slightly strange thing to do. Would have thought getting them out and under the stands to some kind of medical room is better? Must create a lot of pressure knowing play has stopped and 40000 pairs of eyes are on you
    With the quality of the equipment carried by medics these days, surely its better to administer treatment as quickly as possible (ie in the stand) rather than waste time moving the patient and potentially reducing their chances of a decent recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's really odd isn't it. Perhaps to give the 40,000 a chance for another of those ubiquitous 60 second ovations..

Perhaps it’s showing someone compassion for someone who might be dying. I was watching the Chelsea match and it was the player’s decision to not go back out to play until it had been confirmed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's really odd isn't it. Perhaps to give the 40,000 a chance for another of those ubiquitous 60 second ovations..
    Or to give the medics a chance to get to the stricken fan quicker.