+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon help

Amazon help

Just went to buy something from Amazon, and as I've reached the checkout it's asked me to type in my password before I can buy the item. I'm already logged in, as my name is on their page above 'Account & Lists'.
    I've bought stuff in the past from Amazon without having to type in my password.
    Just before I added the item to the shopping basket a pop up appeared saying ''save £30 by clicking on this voucher'' which I did.

I'm now a bit dubious about buying the item as I pay with my debit card which is registered on their site.
    Am I worried about nothing, or should I leave it alone?

Re: Amazon help

ive never had this myself and i buy a lot off amazon. as you say once logged in its away you go.
    no help tho am i lol

When in doubt leave it out…personally I never shop on Amazon horrid company.

Hopefully not the case in your instance, but…
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/amazo...-2300-24362584

personally, I would close down the browser

type into your search engine " amazon " make sure its the amazon.co.uk link, and go from there

it could well have been a spoof website or it could have just been the " voucher " was for the USA site and it needed you to log-in on that ( occasionally if I find a link thats the USA site, I have to log-in )

but play it safe and just make sure you are on the amazon.co.uk link and away you go

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    When in doubt leave it out…personally I never shop on Amazon horrid company.
    Agreed
    Only wish more people would give them a wide berth.
    The way they treat their staff is scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Just went to buy something from Amazon, and as I've reached the checkout it's asked me to type in my password before I can buy the item. I'm already logged in, as my name is on their page above 'Account & Lists'.
    I've bought stuff in the past from Amazon without having to type in my password.
    Just before I added the item to the shopping basket a pop up appeared saying ''save £30 by clicking on this voucher'' which I did.

I'm now a bit dubious about buying the item as I pay with my debit card which is registered on their site.
    It seems strange I am a big Amazon user and never seen the voucher offer ?? I'd avoid it .

I'd also avoid using a debit card .

Apply for an Amazon credit card you may get an initial offer and you build up credits for money off on purchases with Amazon and externally like any other credit card.

I think the £30 offer is linked to their credit card and might be why you’ve been asked to sign in.
    I sometimes get added to sign in again when I got to finalise purchases - particularly if I’m using private browsing (so the kids don’t find out) or if using the Smile version.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

they wi ll try to get you open amazon mastercard first but there wont be an option to use the 30 pound offer the card is run by newday its a nightmare after to sort anything out with them

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Agreed
    Only wish more people would give them a wide berth.
    The way they treat their staff is scandalous.
    For sure, but most folk talk a good game but in reality are more concerned about their thirty quid off.

I got a voucher the other day from them something like £1.50 off the book I bought.
    It all went through and I received the book.

For sure, but most folk talk a good game but in reality are more concerned about their thirty quid off.
    Where do you end the action as well, after amazon do you stop drinking bottled nestle water. Do people walk around with a list of people they won't shop from, how come they'll buy from one big company but not another?

It's a big can of worms to be opening.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Where do you end the action as well, after amazon do you stop drinking bottled nestle water. Do people walk around with a list of people they won't shop from, how come they'll buy from one big company but not another?

I don’t buy from Amazon because,
    1. They hoodwinked me into signing up for Amazon Prime. (Got me £75 back)

2. They treat their staff appalling

3. Their unnecessary dumping of unsold product are disgraceful.

if you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.

I don’t buy from Amazon because,
    1. They hoodwinked me into signing up for Amazon Prime. (Got me £75 back)

2. They treat their staff appalling

3. Their unnecessary dumping of unsold product are disgraceful.

if you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.
    I get the amazon thing. I really do.

But where does it end for people? Nestle were outed on a Netflix documentary, we could obviously go on forever with the types of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think the £30 offer is linked to their credit card and might be why you’ve been asked to sign in.
    I sometimes get added to sign in again when I got to finalise purchases - particularly if I’m using private browsing (so the kids don’t find out) or if using the Smile version.
    this is the correct answer, you must be selecting the £30 voucher for signing up to an amazon credit card, in order to sign up you must confirm your account details.

just do not select the voucher/card and continue your purchase as normal.

But where does it end for people? Nestle were outed on a Netflix documentary, we could obviously go on forever with the types of stories.
    I guess you can draw the line at amazon, I am guilty of using them, while at the same time preaching about how it is important to support independant stores, its a tough one.

I avoid nestle more than I'd avoid amazon. Nestle are a genuinley evil company.

Amazon are almost impossible to avoid because almost every website is hosted on their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I guess you can draw the line at amazon, I am guilty of using them, while at the same time preaching about how it is important to support independant stores, its a tough one.
    I feel like a hypocrite because I slate amazon but it is just very convenient to use them for certain things. I think as long as you use independent stores as well there is no harm in using amazon from time to time.

They basically host everything and show sports now so are almost impossible to avoid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I feel like a hypocrite because I slate amazon but it is just very convenient to use them for certain things. I think as long as you use independent stores as well there is no harm in using amazon from time to time.

They basically host everything and show sports now so are almost impossible to avoid anyway.
    Croesy….for once I’m on the same page as you 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Exactly the same

Use amazon daily and generally the customer service is the best i've ever experienced. But I also slag off their tax avoidance often

Depends if you want to be a martyr

Croesy….for once I’m on the same page as you ����
    I just one of those things I've had to accept with amazon. Bezos is a **** but where else can I get a soda stream refil to my door within 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Sounds like you’re probably a hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sounds like you’re probably a hypocrite
    Yep 100% they are a terrible company and a bunch of tax dodging bastards but they're very convenient to use for certain things.

I think eating meat is probably wrong but still eat meat too and still fly even though it is bad for the environment.

I think it's almost impossible to get through life without being hypocritical in some sense unless you have no morals at all or live off grid you may as well accept that certain things are always going to make everyone look a bit hypocritical.

Love or hate Amazon they provided massive employment, service those who struggle to get out and about , provide cheap products for those who struggle.

I think there's a danger when people make a stand against something that there's an expectation that they make a stand against everything - people going "well what about THIS then"

Truth is if you boycott/stop eating/protest against one thing, great. Even if there's still a lot of other bad things in the world you've still stopped contributing to that one. Trying to be better doesn't mean it's invalid if you're not perfect.