Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Steve Morison said in his press conference (he's started doing them now, rather than the Zoom meetings) that Colwill needs to learn how to use his six foot four inches more both in terms of all round strength and heading the ball. He also said that Colwill has much more ability than he ever had and if I read him right, I think he was saying that it would be a bit of a waste to just use him as a number nine. If that's what our manager meant, then I agree with him because he has to be more of a number ten surely than a target man - albeit I agree that, with his height, he should be another aerial threat.

Think some in this thread are being a bit hard on Colwill - he's nineteen, is probably our main creative threat, is our joint top scorer and has played a very prominent part in two of our wins (Forest and Preston), sparked a comeback from 3-0 down at Stoke and was a factor in our win last week, is there any other player in this division that could be applied to?
Some people are unfairly harsh on the youngsters and I don't really see why. One poor half from a teenager and there's people crying he's not good enough, never be good enough etc whereas senior players can put in a series of abject performances and people will be saying they're not being played right, manager's fault etc

Colwill is clearly one of out best attacking outlets and is still just 19