+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrexham, Pride Of The North

Re: Wrexham, Pride Of The North

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wrexhams support even before this takeover was higher than most clubs in league 2

And I don't know how long you have been following Cardiff but the last time we were in the bottom divisions our support wasn't very different from theirs .
    I answered why I think they are what they are.

I haven't shit on it, I've given a pretty obvious answer as to why they now have a following so big.

I'm not really sure what else there is to carry on with here.

Wrexhams support even before this takeover was higher than most clubs in league 2

And I don't know how long you have been following Cardiff but the last time we were in the bottom divisions our support wasn't very different from theirs .
    It is extraordinary that at the low point City's crowds were below Darlington, Scunthorpe, Torquay United (Torquay!!!!) and Hartlepool.

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm - click on England 1990/91

Factoring in our moderately successful history, stadium size, city size and catchment area you could say that relatively speaking almost the lowest crowds in the history of British football occured at Cardiff City in the late 80s / early 90s.

Ain't that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I answered why I think they are what they are.

I haven't shit on it, I've given a pretty obvious answer as to why they now have a following so big.

I'm not really sure what else there is to carry on with here.
    The answer is Wrexham have always been well supported for a town of their population , even before the American takeover .

The answer is Wrexham have always been well supported for a town of their population , even before the American takeover .
    You're right SLUDGE you're right SLUDGE your right...

Now can that be my last in this thread. Thank you.

You may also have the last word as your little cherry on top....

First Team

The whole thing has a feel good factor for Wrexham and there is probably a film, in the planing stages, as we speak about the whole episode.
    However, what happens when the new owners get bored and the positive publicity/ local opinion dies down a bit?
    Am I being a pessimist but does this end with an acrimonious fall out and Wrexham left in the lurch ,as the absentee owners realise that non/ lower league football is not for them?
    I don’t know but the odds are not healthy, based on other clubs and big time owners jumping in from nowhere.
    As a disclaimer , I have never forgiven Wrexham fans for smashing the windows of the hired minibus that meant a long, cold and ultimately expensive return journey to Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    The whole thing has a feel good factor for Wrexham and there is probably a film, in the planing stages, as we speak about the whole episode.
    However, what happens when the new owners get bored and the positive publicity/ local opinion dies down a bit?
    Am I being a pessimist but does this end with an acrimonious fall out and Wrexham left in the lurch ,as the absentee owners realise that non/ lower league football is not for them?
    I don’t know but the odds are not healthy, based on other clubs and big time owners jumping in from nowhere.
    As a disclaimer , I have never forgiven Wrexham fans for smashing the windows of the hired minibus that meant a long, cold and ultimately expensive return journey to Barry.
    No idea on how committed the owners are - they seem it, but it did strike me as a strange move. Not only are Wrexham about as unglamorous as it gets, the conference is also a very difficult league to get out of, with only the champions guaranteed of promotion. You could have hell of a side at that level and finish second three years in a row and ur still stuck down there.

I hope it succeeds mind and the Racecourse Ground becomes four-sided again and can host the odd Welsh game