+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A remarkable article

A remarkable article

Re: A remarkable article

Can't stop laughing. Not because of the stupid girl, but because WOL considered it worth reporting.

Next week in the series she'll recall about how drunk she used to get as a child after a can of Top Deck Shandy.

Think all bets must be off now as to the winner of the 2021 Pulitzer Price for newspaper reporting after reading that.

Walesonline is absolute sh!t isnt it.

If its not the usual hardest rugby player stories theres crap like this.

I dont whats worse someone actually thinking this is a newsworthy story or the fact that Walesonline thought it was worth a story worth putting out.

What’s even more baffling is why WOL published this nonsense as Kelly lives in Portsmouth ffs
    Not exactly a local story 😕

I clicked on another story, about women asking bouncers and pub staff for help, looked down at the comment section after reading it. Some nice people about..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Walesonline is absolute sh!t isnt it.

If its not the usual hardest rugby player stories theres crap like this.

I dont whats worse someone actually thinking this is a newsworthy story or the fact that Walesonline thought it was worth a story worth putting out.
    There is a lot less money in journalism these days, print media circulations have been in decline for years. Most newspapers operate on a skeleton staff in comparison to years gone by, and they simply don't have enough time to generate enough quality content, so they just churn out whatever they can as quickly and cheaply as they can in order to get a few clicks . That means these days it is mostly thinly veiled marketing stories posing as news released by a marketing agency, or repurposed social media content. I have a mate who makes up news stories that feature his clients products. they are almost always complete made up bollocks that can be verified with a few minutes of fact checking, but they are usually picked up word for word by media outlets who want another easy story landed on their plate. It is churnalism, not journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It is churnalism, not journalism.
    https://tinyurl.com/mwrunxv4

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is a lot less money in journalism these days, print media circulations have been in decline for years. Most newspapers operate on a skeleton staff in comparison to years gone by, and they simply don't have enough time to generate enough quality content, so they just churn out whatever they can as quickly and cheaply as they can in order to get a few clicks . That means these days it is mostly thinly veiled marketing stories posing as news released by a marketing agency, or repurposed social media content. I have a mate who makes up news stories that feature his clients products. they are almost always complete made up bollocks that can be verified with a few minutes of fact checking, but they are usually picked up word for word by media outlets who want another easy story landed on their plate. It is churnalism, not journalism.
    The comedian Dave Gorman is very clever in manipulating the media with bogus stories - and it has just given me an idea....

there are more replies on this thread than my "what should i have for breakfast" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The comedian Dave Gorman is very clever in manipulating the media with bogus stories - and it has just given me an idea....
    Hope you haven'tgone to this extreme just to get in the papers?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...after-22354925

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hope you haven'tgone to this extreme just to get in the papers?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...after-22354925
    I understand that the guy in now just a shell of his former self.

I hope that she never has kids because if they fall ill and need medication, she's either going to not help them at all because the dose is too low, or kill them. Another pleb revelling in their own stupidity.

If she thinks 2.5ml is 25ml maybe I’ve finally got a chance with someone!