+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Monday, not Tuesday, for under 23s in the coming week.

Monday, not Tuesday, for under 23s in the coming week.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...y-vs-watford-0

Just in case anyone was planning to go tomorrow

Re: Monday, not Tuesday, for under 23s in the coming week.

Not connected to your post, but Maddocks, Heatforce are decent in my opinion. Been with them on a few jobs, always tidy lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not connected to your post, but Maddocks, Heatforce are decent in my opinion. Been with them on a few jobs, always tidy lads.
    I have been impressed by much of their work. The heating job has been finished - but in truth there are some concerning snags that have come to light which have meant that a week after the job was finished, the floorboards are still up in three rooms. The test of a good company is how they react.

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    I have been impressed by much of their work. The heating job has been finished - but in truth there are some concerning snags that have come to light which have meant that a week after the job was finished, the floorboards are still up in three rooms. The test of a good company is how they react.
    Hmmm... Pipes rattling under pressure?

Hmmm... Pipes rattling under pressure?
    Nah - six leaks - five on rads and one from an ancient T all of which I've fixed. It was only when I had to re-pressure the boiler every day that I was alerted to a leak problem. I'm a bit miffed that the rad leaks weren't spotted after re-filling the system. My concern is are there any more? I've screwed the flooring back down and replaced some laminate, but I don't want to have to rip everything up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    Nah - six leaks - five on rads and one from an ancient T all of which I've fixed. It was only when I had to re-pressure the boiler every day that I was alerted to a leak problem. I'm a bit miffed that the rad leaks weren't spotted after re-filling the system. My concern is are there any more? I've screwed the flooring back down and replaced some laminate, but I don't want to have to rip everything up again.
    On the valves? Boiler loses pressure. Pretty easy fix but a massive pain in the arse. Not really good enough though.

On the valves? Boiler loses pressure. Pretty easy fix but a massive pain in the arse. Not really good enough though.
    Yeah. Leaks from valves. Found them on Saturday - and contacted the firm today. There was quite a pool on the stone kitchen floor, but I caught all the others in time. The boiler pressure seems to be holding up now, but the pipes are under four rooms and I don't want to replace everything if there is a chance there is another leak. I've never trusted PTFE tape. I always used Boss White and rarely had a prob with that.