Match Officials:

Referee: JOHN BUSBY
    Assistants: Matthew Jones and Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official: Scott Oldham

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD UTD. Match thread

Edit:

Mare

Think I would be happy with a draw against an underperforming Sheff side.
    Is McBurnie playing?
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Think I would be happy with a draw against an underperforming Sheff side.
    Is McBurnie playing?
    1-1
    They're not performing that badly at the moment. Potentially have Sander Berge back and Brewster has been amongst the goals recently, I would expect them to finish the season a lot more strongly than thy started it. I think this will be a real test

Brewster and McBurnie.
    I can see this being a lively encounter with plenty of "crowd participation".

With our home form just now I'll take the draw.

My prediction, 2-2.

I've got a good feeling about this one. Morison has has a full week with the squad for probably the first time. And I get the feeling confidence is slowly returning. 3-1 City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They're not performing that badly at the moment. Potentially have Sander Berge back and Brewster has been amongst the goals recently, I would expect them to finish the season a lot more strongly than thy started it. I think this will be a real test
    The 21st real test of the season.

I had no idea jokanovic had been sacked until I read pruttons championship prediction on our game where it said heckingbottom would be in charge..promoted from the u23 team.

From what I've seen o Sky "The Blades" are no great shakes but................

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Brewster and McBurnie.
    I can see this being a lively encounter with plenty of "crowd participation".

With our home form just now I'll take the draw.

My prediction, 2-2.
    Brewster is a major doubt and McBurnie is out. 👏

A solid 3-0 home win

Match facts

• This is the first league meeting between Cardiff City and Sheffield United since April 2018, when the sides drew 1-1 in the Championship.
    • Sheffield United are winless in six league games against Cardiff (D3 L3) since a 3-0 victory in March 2009 under Kevin Blackwell.
    • Cardiff City scored their first first-half goal in the Championship this season last time out against Luton Town through Rubin Colwill with what was their 101st first-half shot.
    • Cardiff City have lost seven of their last eight home Championship games (W1), scoring just three goals during that run.
    • Sheffield United have won their last two league games, both under different managers (1-0 vs Reading under Jokanovic, 2-0 vs Bristol City under Heckingbottom). The Blades last won three in a row in the league in December 2019.

I don't know if it's just my imagination, but do we ever get a result v Sheff Utd?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I don't know if it's just my imagination, but do we ever get a result v Sheff Utd?
    I don't know if you've read the post above but bullet point 2 answers your question

They beat us in the 1925 FA Cup final, the bastards.

I don't know if you've read the post above but bullet point 2 answers your question
    They're one of those teams, that when I see we're playing them, I think "Ooh, tough one, never get much against them". Maybe it goes back further than I thought...

They're one of those teams, that when I see we're playing them, I think "Ooh, tough one, never get much against them". Maybe it goes back further than I thought...
    I was being just a tad mischievous and have to admit I was surprised that MM's stat myself.

I remember "fairly recently" , though it must be 20 years plus, that a large City contingent went up for the FA Cup game and we were trounced 4-1.

It must have been when we were in the third tier as I remember being Brammall Lane being a huge stadium, compared to what we'd been accustomed to, and we were all excited at the draw.

No Moore or Colwill, both on the bench

I can understand chopping and changing when playing saturday tuesday for weeks on end but not when we play one a week for a month.

Not sure on that team midfield seems light

25Smithies
    38Ng
    2McGuinness
    4Morrison
    16Nelson
    26Giles
    29M Harris
    8Ralls
    21Pack
    39Davies
    19Collins

Substitutes
    1Phillips
    5Flint
    6Vaulks
    7Bacuna
    10Moore
    27Colwill
    30Brown

At least we aren't playing 5 centre backs

I was being just a tad mischievous and have to admit I was surprised that MM's stat myself.

I remember "fairly recently" , though it must be 20 years plus, that a large City contingent went up for the FA Cup game and we were trounced 4-1.

It must have been when we were in the third tier as I remember being Brammall Lane being a huge stadium, compared to what we'd been accustomed to, and we were all excited at the draw.
    In keeping with the mischievous theme, they're BBC sport copy and pasted stats

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    At least we aren't playing 5 centre backs
    I don't mind the look of that team in all honesty. I am primarily talking about the attacking 3..let's hope we see a second half Vaulks and bacuna can use the pace and engine he's got and let a few more attributes flower through today..

No Moore and Colwill are the strangest changes for me