+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 SHEFFIELD UTD. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 SHEFFIELD UTD. Match thread

Didn’t go, haven’t seen any highlights, but Morrison can go Crimbo shopping with his Mrs now.

Totally wrong team selection, what’s with this shite of resting players

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We lost that game not so much because of the sending off but the mindset afterwards. Virtually surrendered instead of giving it a go.
    We lost because of the red card and Sheffield were good at playing against ten. We kept Davies on for a while when it was still 1-0, but once it got to 1-1, the writing was very much on the wall and clearly another Sheffield goal was a lot more likely than a second City one, so I understood the decision to try to hold on to the 1-1 rather than aim for the win. It didn’t work, but I’m sure the outcome old have been the same if we’d kept Harris and Davies on.

Sheffield looked a decent side to me and we were lucky to be level after twenty five minutes, but then we had a good twenty five minutes and were playing as well as I’ve seen us this season when Morrison got done for pace by thirty five year old Billy Sharp, who has never really been a speed merchant.

I'm so annoyed at Morrison. He's 30 years been playing at the senior level for 15 years and makes a challenge like that to put is under pressure. Wouldn't play him again personally.

Morrison was awful from the first minute of the game. It's ridiculous that our supporters were singing his name after he got sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think we were papering over the cracks and very fortunate to go in 1 up.

SU have been the much better side and causes our defence far more problems then we theirs.
    I'm afraid it looks as if Morrison has had his day too.
    We had 70 attacks first half to their 48.

They were the better side with 10 men.

Change had to happen with the fans as well, and our attitudes.

The negativity of some of our fans is starting to spoil my Saturday evening, the loss by the way hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

The negativity of some of our fans is starting to spoil my Saturday evening, the loss by the way hasn't.
    that seems like way too many attacks.

Would have kept the 2 kids on myself and hit them on the break.
    Agreed.

Insanity to bring on Flint and stuck with 5 at the back and removed the pace from the side.

Should have gone to 4 at the back

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn’t go, haven’t seen any highlights, but Morrison can go Crimbo shopping with his Mrs now.

Totally wrong team selection, what’s with this shite of resting players
    The pace of the 2 young lads up top helped. You could argue for Moore to start over Collins but he didn't exactly play badly.

Wrong team my arse.

Negative be ****ed.

The pace of the 2 young lads up top helped. You could argue for Moore to start over Collins but he didn't exactly play badly.

Wrong team my arse.

Negative be ****ed.
    So you’re happy with him dropping Colwill, are you ??

Disgraceful team selection

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agreed.

Insanity to bring on Flint and stuck with 5 at the back and removed the pace from the side.

Should have gone to 4 at the back
    I was thinking Collins off for Flint myself but yeah your post also makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So you’re happy with him dropping Colwill, are you ??

Disgraceful team selection
    For the pace of Harris and Davies against a slow back 3 yes.

Words like "disgraceful " are stupidly over the top.

Fans are also a part of this, and our attitudes need to change as well.

Were you watching a basketball match?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Were you watching a basketball match?
    We could win 3 nil and you'd find SOMETHING to moan about, negative dave I've pet named you to myself after noticing your 100 percent record in finding a negative to post about

Cheers up a bit mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that seems like way too many attacks.
    My first thought.

I don't know what they base it on, but just going off the fact they use the same thing to measure ours and theirs then whatever the method was we had more than them..dangerous attacks were 17 each BTW.

My point is, it wasn't as negative as a few are making out, some that didn't even watch the game and "heard" were equally negative.

We need a change in attitude as fans.

Morrison cant play at the middle of the 3. Could have moved nelson into the middle to pick up sharp. Also disappointed how much flint retreated for the 2nd goal instead of just making the player go round him.

We could win 3 nil and you'd find SOMETHING to moan about, negative dave I've pet named you to myself after noticing your 100 percent record in finding a negative to post about

Cheers up a bit mate.
    I was very positive last Saturday. I was just intrigued by your 70/48 first half attacks comment.

We could win 3 nil and you'd find SOMETHING to moan about, "negative dave" I've pet named you to myself after noticing your 100 percent record in finding a negative to post about
    Whilst the chap does seem to be a glass half empty man, your pet name doesn't seem to have much of a ring to it IMO.

How about something like errrm..... I dunno.... errrr... Dave Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Whilst the chap does seem to be a glass half empty man, your pet name doesn't seem to have much of a ring to it IMO.

How about something like errrm..... I dunno.... errrr... Dave Blue?
    Or Blue Dave Blue?

When Morrison got the winner at Luton, he was top of the pops. This week he gets sent off and he’s getting slated by the faithful. Make your minds up .”

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    When Morrison got the winner at Luton, he was top of the pops. This week he gets sent off and he’s getting slated by the faithful. Make your minds up .”
    My mind was made up quite a while ago…is he the future, no he’s not so in the summer bye bye and thanks for the memories.

I wasn't at Luton but based on home matches this season including today. he's a shadow of the player he used to be. Never the quickest, but was this afternoon struggling with just the pace of the game, let along keeping tabs on Sharp. Currently I think Flint deserves to be picked ahead of Morrison.

Did you see the game? There have been some terrible individual performances by City players this season, but Morrison's 52 minutes on the pitch today might have been the worst of the lot.

Think Marlon Pack is getting off really lightly here. Arguably his fault on all 3 goals. First one their player got past him too easily to shoot, second one he didn't follow his man, third his bad pass led to the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Think Marlon Pack is getting off really lightly here. Arguably his fault on all 3 goals. First one their player got past him too easily to shoot, second one he didn't follow his man, third his bad pass led to the goal.
    Marlon Pack is outstanding at shifting blame, you can clearly see it every game, he finds someone else to blame, usually it’s Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    All true. Pack had a 'mare today.