+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forty four years ago today.

Re: Forty four years ago today.

I was at the Sheffield Utd hammering. It was the second worst performance I have witnessed as a Cardiff City supporter - the worst being against Maidstone at the beginning of the Rick Wright era.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That Forest team murdered us 3-0 and won the First Division title the following year and yet we went up there a few months later and beat them 1-0.

I always think of the Reading side which walked the Championship in 05/06 as a very good team, they beat us 10-3 in aggregate that season and in the 5-2 down here you just thought they could score against us any time they wanted.

Thinking about it though, I don’t think I’ve seen City involved in a more one sided game against one of the ninety two than Man City’s 5-0 win down here in 2018.
    Anyone who was at the Forest game will say the same. They passed the ball around us like statues for the whole game. I remember saying to my Dad this team will win the 1st division - they were that good.

Was a few years before I started going, luckily lol. First time I ever saw us play Sheffield Utd was for Godfrey Ingram’s debut in 82.

I was there For the Sheffield United debacle. We followed it up by scoring three the following week at Bolton. Unfortunately they put bloody 6 past us too though.

That Moscow Dynamo game just after the war must have taken the breath away and I think we had quite a decent side at the time even though we were third division south. 10-1 was steamrollering of the highest order.

I attended both Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers debacles when we scored 4 versus the oppositions’ 12 goals!

Yes I was there. Didn't go to Bolton but do remember a 5-0 there.

I was there , possibly with tobw ? I saw it out to the bitter end and Its the game i think of whenever my vow not leave early is tested by another crap display.

Didn’t we also loose the game before (or after) 6-3? It was beginning to feel like a tennis match loosing 6-1, 6-3 etc.