Thread: Forty four years ago today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Forty four years ago today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    3/12/77

Cardiff City 1 Sheffield United 6

Irwin, Attley, Pethard, Dwyer, Went, Thomas, Buchanan (90), Campbell, Sayer, Robson, Giles

Brown, Cutbush, Calvert (25), Kenworthy (43), Colquhoun, Flynn, Woodward (81), Campbell (34,88), Stainrod, Hamson, Hamilton (52).

Att. 6,395

Who was there? I was and can remember ironically cheering John Buchanan's last minute goal as I made my way out of the ground by the corner of the Grange End and Bob Bank. Can also recall Sheffield's grey headed veteran winger Alan Woodward scoring a trademark long range goal which was applauded by many of those present - we let in six the following week as well when we were beaten 6-3 at Bolton.
    My memory must be failing me I thought it was 6-3 at home against Luton.

I was there and although my memory of the game is a little bit hazy, I recall that every time they had a shot on goal it seemed to find the back of the net. I think Simon Stainrod may have scored a couple. It was one of those games where we were not outplayed but one in which Sheffield Utd put away all their chances.

I was at the Sheffield Utd hammering. It was the second worst performance I have witnessed as a Cardiff City supporter - the worst being against Maidstone at the beginning of the Rick Wright era.

Was a few years before I started going, luckily lol. First time I ever saw us play Sheffield Utd was for Godfrey Ingram’s debut in 82.

I was there For the Sheffield United debacle. We followed it up by scoring three the following week at Bolton. Unfortunately they put bloody 6 past us too though.

That Moscow Dynamo game just after the war must have taken the breath away and I think we had quite a decent side at the time even though we were third division south. 10-1 was steamrollering of the highest order.

I attended both Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers debacles when we scored 4 versus the oppositions’ 12 goals!

Yes I was there. Didn't go to Bolton but do remember a 5-0 there.

I was there , possibly with tobw ? I saw it out to the bitter end and Its the game i think of whenever my vow not leave early is tested by another crap display.