+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I Believe in Miracles

I Believe in Miracles

Anyone else seen Jonny Owen's film on Netflix about Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest?
    Their rise from mid-table 2nd division to European champions (twice) was remarkable and I doubt will ever be matched.
    The soundtrack is pretty good too.

Re: I Believe in Miracles

I remember watching them down here when they were on their way up.Beat us 2-0 I think but toyed with us at times,great side.

I watched it a few years ago. Very good. I still haven't seen the Euro 2016 one though, which I'd really like to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Anyone else seen Jonny Owen's film on Netflix about Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest?
    Their rise from mid-table 2nd division to European champions (twice) was remarkable and I doubt will ever be matched.
    Superb Side

Fantastic manager

I thought it was going to be the last ordinary club to win the league

But along came Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I remember watching them down here when they were on their way up.Beat us 2-0 I think but toyed with us at times,great side.
    There's a clip in the film, just a few seconds long, of them scoring at the Canton end. Blink and you'll miss it, but I can't help but think that Jonny Owen felt he had to include that clip somehow.

A fantastic film of a fantastic story.

Almost as good as ‘Don’t Take Me Home’ ;-)

Football was less trendy in the 70's and early 80's and tickets for major football events weren't that difficult to come by. As I was touring Europe on both occasions I managed to squeeze in attendance at both their European Cup finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Football was less trendy in the 70's and early 80's and tickets for major football events weren't that difficult to come by. As I was touring Europe on both occasions I managed to squeeze in attendance at both their European Cup finals.
    I thought you'd promised never to mention your travels ever again but I'll forgive you in this instance.

Wow that must be been great

Where you from?

wales...cardiff

I thought you'd promised never to mention your travels ever again but I'll forgive you in this instance.
    You are too kind

Nice!

(I raise you 5 Champions League Finals ;-) )

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    It was 3-0, November '76. Their fans took over the Canton Stand. They were magnificent, to be fair. The Forest team that is, not their fans