+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Train travel yesterday.

Re: Train travel yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And I feel the same way with you just parroting a line which you seem to think makes the whole thing perfectly acceptable- have a look at these pictures, they’d be bad enough under normal circumstances, but in a pandemic?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wales-22229883
    I take it you didn’t read the link about longer trains not being used I linked to.

And I feel the same way with you just parroting a line which you seem to think makes the whole thing perfectly acceptable- have a look at these pictures, they’d be bad enough under normal circumstances, but in a pandemic?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wales-22229883
    I don't need to look at pictures. I've caught a train before I know what it's like.on 2 carriages from NP Station with kids in tow..

I am parroting it because it is a justified reason, one, that is part of the issue causing the pictures you want me to look at.

You can't seem to grasp the logistics of carriage swapping either and how it's not as straightforward, bit you've moved on from that now.

Keep posting. They still don't have the carriages to for the demand. Overcrowding and delays are inevitable. Moaning about it on here won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They don't have all the new trains yet they are still being built.
    That is true, there are however more 153s in storage around the country. Tfw should be a lot more aggressive in chasing derogations to get them in and attached to compliant units. Tfw also would have had the data and reports from maintenance telling them how bad these 769s were. They needed to be a lot more aggressive in chasing extensions and derogations for the Pacers. To top it all off, their crewing situation is appalling. Lots of cancellations due to lack of traincrew. Other operators aren't having issues to the same degree in staffing their trains.

The issues you mention are correct, but I still think it's reasonable to have expected tfw to cope better with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    That is true, there are however more 153s in storage around the country. Tfw should be a lot more aggressive in chasing derogations to get them in and attached to compliant units. Tfw also would have had the data and reports from maintenance telling them how bad these 769s were. They needed to be a lot more aggressive in chasing extensions and derogations for the Pacers. To top it all off, their crewing situation is appalling. Lots of cancellations due to lack of traincrew. Other operators aren't having issues to the same degree in staffing their trains.

The issues you mention are correct, but I still think it's reasonable to have expected tfw to cope better with the situation.
    Are the 153s compliant with the new trains?

Aren't there shortages in other areas as well? If so how are there trains in storage. Are they in storage because they are old and can't be used? If they are fine why aren't they being used (if compliant)

How can they cope better if they don't have the carriages to fit demand. They aren't built yet

I don't need to look at pictures. I've caught a train before I know what it's like.on 2 carriages from NP Station with kids in tow..

I am parroting it because it is a justified reason, one, that is part of the issue causing the pictures you want me to look at.

You can't seem to grasp the logistics of carriage swapping either and how it's not as straightforward, bit you've moved on from that now.

Keep posting. They still don't have the carriages to for the demand. Overcrowding and delays are inevitable. Moaning about it on here won't change that.
    Your first paragraph says so much about why the world is such a divided place these days, why can’t you just click on the link i posted? People won’t think any less of you if you do.

Mind you, I see you’re now saying that the lack of rolling stock is only part of the reason for the overcrowding, so that’s some progress - you are acknowledging that there are other reasons.

As for carriage swapping, I suggested a novel approach (allocate a train to the same line for a whole day) which would mean that there would be no need for any swapping which you ignored.

I’ve admitted that there will be overcrowding and delays - there were when I travelled to games just before Christmas in 2018 and 2019, but the point you can’t appreciate because you weren’t there was that Saturday was exceptional in my experience, although, based on the links about what happened the previous weekend, it may be becoming the norm.

Your first paragraph says so much about why the world is such a divided place these days, why can’t you just click on the link i posted? People won’t think any less of you if you do.

Mind you, I see you’re now saying that the lack of rolling stock is only part of the reason for the overcrowding, so that’s some progress - you are acknowledging that there are other reasons.

As for carriage swapping, I suggested a novel approach (allocate a train to the same line for a whole day) which would mean that there would be no need for any swapping which you ignored.

I’ve admitted that there will be overcrowding and delays - there were when I travelled to games just before Christmas in 2018 and 2019, but the point you can’t appreciate because you weren’t there was that Saturday was exceptional in my experience, although, based on the links about what happened the previous weekend, it may be becoming the norm.
    I have always said that was the problem. Read the thread bob.

You told mw what the link was, pictures of overcrowding. I am not dividing the world by not clicking on it, that's rather dramatic even by ccmb standards.

I didn't ignore it, I said maybe someone else in an office somewhere has an idea of why they can't..

I have always said that was the problem. Read the thread bob.

You told mw what the link was, pictures of overcrowding. I am not dividing the world by not clicking on it, that's rather dramatic even by ccmb standards.
    But why won’t you click on it? Now that seem bonkers to me.

I’ve finished with this thread for now anyway - too much like banging your head against a brick wall.

But why won’t you click on it? Now that seem bonkers to me.

I’ve finished with this thread for now anyway - too much like banging your head against a brick wall.
    I don't know why I need to, you've told me it's overcrowding. You've literally told me what I am going to see when I click the link.

So my answer about the person, trained, in an office, that knows best about how to utilise the stock on routes was satisfactory and you are now done with the thread that makes me happy because I can now leave the thread too.

How can they cope better if they don't have the carriages to fit demand. They aren't built yet
    I'm starting to think you're just on a wind up now

I clicked on the link and it was actually one of TOBW's willy.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Not his....too big.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I know Wales Online are desperate for stories, but even they’re not that desperate.

I'm starting to think you're just on a wind up now
    The problem is overcrowded trains.

What other solution do you see to that other than more carriages? Which are being built?

I have a different view on it, why am I on a wind up? Why is that the ccmb go to response when people don't like an opinion or how someone posts? It's a bit sad.

I know Wales Online are desperate for stories, but even they’re not that desperate.
    WiliesOnline

You mention the 153 carriages. These do not meet PRM standards (persons with reduced mobility)

Probably what there's so many in storage.

Another one answered. On we move.

I usually jump on at Llanishen. On a Saturday there's roughly 4 an hour, only have to stand on rugby days........Seems enough rolling stock then.

It was shambolic, it was as if there were no rules and even less explanation. You can't go elsewhere as they are the only game in Wales.

TOBW + TFW + WOL = NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    TOBW + TFW + WOL = NSFW
    ROFL

You mention the 153 carriages. These do not meet PRM standards (persons with reduced mobility)

Probably what there's so many in storage.

Another one answered. On we move.
    Hence why I said they should have applied for more derogations.