Come on then what's yours..
    not sure if you're joking

Re: Personalised Number Plates

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    not sure if you're joking
    You never can tell with me can you.

That's the fun.

I once bought a car and subsequently wondered whether the relatively innocuous number plate might appeal to someone whosename was in a particular format. Put it up for sale with a company that deals as an intermediary regarding such things and got a holiday out of it. I was sent a replacement plate as part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I once bought a car and subsequently wondered whether the relatively innocuous number plate might appeal to someone whosename was in a particular format. Put it up for sale with a company that deals as an intermediary regarding such things and got a holiday out of it. I was sent a replacement plate as part of the deal.
    0LD £R00T

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nice advice that.

Turns out my new twaty plate is going to cost me about a takeaway after that valuation over double the price of the one I want to purchase.

Nice one TBG

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are club sad

You can understand Sam hammam having
    C4RDIFF

He was a wealthy man , when it wasn't someone else's money

But some ordinary day to day couple spending a grand to get a number plate near to their surname ?

It's pathetic
    This one tempted me:

CF11 ... postcode of the CCS

Capture.JPG

... about £280

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    This one tempted me:

CF11 ... postcode of the CCS

Capture.JPG

... about £280
    What a twat...

I had a private plate for the last 15 years. It was the first half of my email address as well.

Mrs M also had a personalised plate.

We just ditched our old cars and bought a new one. Let the old plates go and now have a new motor with the reg plate as delivered. It actually begins CF which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I had a private plate for the last 15 years. It was the first half of my email address as well.

Mrs M also had a personalised plate.

We just ditched our old cars and bought a new one. Let the old plates go and now have a new motor with the reg plate as delivered. It actually begins CF which is nice.
    Quick question. I don't plan on selling my car for a few years by which point I wouldn't want what would be an older plate on the car anyway, so if I sell the plates on my car and get new ones put on when I come to sell the car in probably 5 years time would I be able to sell it with the new plates on or would I need to have the originals?

Apologies if you don't know....just chancing an answer.

Why do you need to ask? If you think it's cool, just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Anyone got them?

I've stumbled across one that pretty much fits my forename and surname enough to be "personalised" and not some S700 with a few initials after which, each to their own but I find a bit meh. If you're going to pay out I think it's worth getting something that doesn't just look like another generic reg plate..

Anyway with registration and all added extras.. like the perspex plates it comes in well under £400. Others I have seen have been double that and more again..

What are people's thoughts on personalised reg plates?
    Pay 42.44 to change your name by deed poll and keep the old ones

Oh dear … just bought my missus plates for her car as a Christmas present, good job I love her more than you lot!

Back in the 80s I had a guy ask if he could buy the plates off my car, they were meaningless to me but he coughed up £500, easiest money I’ve ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Pay 42.44 to change your name by deed poll and keep the old ones
    Alright bigjoe

Quick question. I don't plan on selling my car for a few years by which point I wouldn't want what would be an older plate on the car anyway, so if I sell the plates on my car and get new ones put on when I come to sell the car in probably 5 years time would I be able to sell it with the new plates on or would I need to have the originals?

Apologies if you don't know....just chancing an answer.
    Once you put the plates on a car they stay on it .
    But
    If you want to keep the plates , you can either transfer them to your next car (the old car usually goes back to the original plates but DVLA will tell you reg number ) or you can stick them on retention for £80 . Retention is where you still own the plates but they aren't on your car . I think retention lasts 10 years then you have to pay again , not 100% sure on that though.
    Everything can be done on line , and is fairly simple.
    I have private plates on a couple of my vehicles and a couple more plates on retention.
    Some plates will grow in value ,I recently purchased JJ 173 on a dvla auction . I expect it to grow in value ,and of course i am hoping it gives me massive dick value to some of the posters on here .....

The opinions offered on how people choose to spend their money is quite amusing at times.
    The delivery of the opinions on things that don't really matter tell you more about the poster than the
    actual subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    But
    If you want to keep the plates , you can either transfer them to your next car (the old car usually goes back to the original plates but DVLA will tell you reg number ) or you can stick them on retention for £80 . Retention is where you still own the plates but they aren't on your car . I think retention lasts 10 years then you have to pay again , not 100% sure on that though.
    I have private plates on a couple of my vehicles and a couple more plates on retention.
    Some plates will grow in value ,I recently purchased JJ 173 on a dvla auction . I expect it to grow in value ,and of course i am hoping it gives me massive dick value to some of the posters on here .....

The opinions offered on how people choose to spend their money is quite amusing at times.
    The delivery of the opinions on things that don't really matter tell you more about the poster than the
    actual subject.
    you are correct on retention £80 for ten years it is

Throw yourself in front of a horse ?
    Thats always a publicity winner .
    The old gits will really appreciate it .
    He would probably take a fence at that remark.

But

actual subject.
    Live like you wanna L 1 VE perhaps.

But

actual subject.
    Do I have to have the registration plates on the car that were on it when I bought it when I sell it is what I wanted to ask, had a long day yesterday didn't come out right or can it be sold with different plates when I come to sell it. I know Jack about cars as you can maybe tell : hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Laughable most of them you see these days that scream "I'm a twat".

The ones that jam all the digits together and leave bigger gaps to spell some nonsensical word or name. WTF is that all about?

Personally I think personalised number plates are for T055 ERS.
    Agree 100% 👍

Sadly I find them a bit naff .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sadly I find them a bit naff .
    There's nothing sad about it, if that's your opinion.

There's nothing sad about it, if that's your opinion.
    Anyone got a TBG plate?

I passed a car this morning that CF LFW on the M4 . Could it be our intrepid striker