Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
A mate said I have to put the plates on the car that were on it when I bought it, when I sell it (sorry if I'm going a roundabout way in saying something so simple

My plan was a short term plan was to sell the ones already on the car, that were on it when I bought it, get the new ones I've seen which would mean spending out about the same money as I would on a takeaway with the cost difference in both.

Then when I sell the car I wouldn't be arsed about losing the "personalised" plate as they are 64 plates and would have no room on the new car if and when I decide to get one.

I've checked the same plate allbthe way from 64 up to newer 71 and they are all available bar the one, 68 plate, so I know I'll have no issues getting a newer version of the plate when I wvwntually get a newer model car..

Sorry for the long read, but my mate was adamant the plates registered to the car had to be on it when I sold it (meaning I can't sell them and would just have to pay out for the new ones bo big fortune anyway at 360 quid all in)

Cheers for the help Jimmy.
Ah right .
No you can sell the originals . They are yours with the car.
DVLA would issue new plates if you kept tour personal number plate (which you ownt so the car will go with your personal number on it.
I sold a van to a guy before (one I had bought in) and the previous owner had forgotten to take his personal plate of the van .
I went to the guy who had bought the van and asked him for the plate back, he just said no.... because he had bought the van with the personal number plate on it , he had bought the plate as well....