+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Personalised Number Plates

Personalised Number Plates

Anyone got them?

I've stumbled across one that pretty much fits my forename and surname enough to be "personalised" and not some S700 with a few initials after which, each to their own but I find a bit meh. If you're going to pay out I think it's worth getting something that doesn't just look like another generic reg plate..

Anyway with registration and all added extras.. like the perspex plates it comes in well under £400. Others I have seen have been double that and more again..

What are people's thoughts on personalised reg plates?

Re: Personalised Number Plates

I hate them with the same passion that Sludge hates Thatcher and Indie music.
    Can't see the point in them.

If you don't want your money donate it to charity.

Laughable most of them you see these days that scream "I'm a twat".

The ones that jam all the digits together and leave bigger gaps to spell some nonsensical word or name. WTF is that all about?

Personally I think personalised number plates are for T055 ERS.

They are club sad

You can understand Sam hammam having
    C4RDIFF

He was a wealthy man , when it wasn't someone else's money

But some ordinary day to day couple spending a grand to get a number plate near to their surname ?

It's pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

The ones that jam all the digits together and leave bigger gaps to spell some nonsensical word or name. WTF is that all about?

I couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I didnt know you could jam words together

I'm a twat anyway, I drive a BMW so might as well go full twat

I get what you mean about some of them, people who have nicknames or silly things like Mr cool or some other bullshit, what's so cuntish about your own name 👀🤣

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    If you don't want your money donate it to charity.
    I give I my own way, cheers.

I bought one for my niece as an 18th birthday. Strictly for youngsters I think. Those illegal number plates with different fonts are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I bought one for my niece as an 18th birthday. Strictly for youngsters I think. Those illegal number plates with different fonts are awful.
    I'm not that old 👀 and it's quite a basic number plate, unless you knew my name you wouldn't know. It's a basic £155 quid plate that I've stumbled upon that just fits nicely with my name, not one of them stupid ones you see...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not that old 👀 and it's quite a basic number plate, unless you knew my name you wouldn't know. It's a basic £155 quid plate that I've stumbled upon that just fits nicely with my name, not one of them stupid ones you see...
    Honestly fella , don't bother , they look cock

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Honestly fella , don't bother , they look cock
    So does your 400 quid astra

My nephew bought a second hand car which, by pure coincidence, has his initials as the 3 letters at the end. Accusations of conceit, ego etc are aimed at him, jokingly, at every opportunity to the extent that he can’t wait to change the car.

Some years ago I once contacted the DVLA about resurrecting a number plate that was on a car that my father once owned which would have brought back many memories. The letters don’t resemble my name ar all (unless I change my name to Jayne Mansfield!). However I was told that number plates on scrapped vehicles can’t be resurrected. Pity, it would have been nice for old times same.

I'm not that old �� and it's quite a basic number plate, unless you knew my name you wouldn't know. It's a basic £155 quid plate that I've stumbled upon that just fits nicely with my name, not one of them stupid ones you see...
    they are all stupid ones

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they are all stupid ones
    If you saw it pass you by fella you'd have no idea I'd paid for it, like I said it isn't something obviously attempted like you see, hence why it's £155.
    I wouldn't go for one of them ones that finds a way to spell out RICHARD or BO55 MAN as I agree they are stupid, as stated in my original post (I believe..hmm)

Someone's binned it off for a new plate..

In the interests of balance, I think it's a great idea, money well spent and your friends will be envious.

Nothing says I'm a narcissistic tosser like a personalised number plate.

They baffle me.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    In the interests of balance, I think it's a great idea, money well spent and your friends will be envious.
    I'd rather change my name to CK68TFB

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I knew the way the thread was going before posting. Getting the plates regardless, no rush as they'll be there for eternity.

Might get tinted windows and some nice big black alloys and a noisy exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'd rather change my name to CK68TFB
    Genuine laughter then 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They're not something I would buy but I've never understood why they get quite so much hate.

If you like it and you want one get one and don't worry what people on here think.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    They're not something I would buy but I've never understood why they get quite so much hate.

If you like it and you want one get one and don't worry what people on here think.
    I don't, but it's a board full of middle to old aged blokes. It was bound to go down like this..

Some people with personal number plates get keyed

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some people with personal number plates get keyed
    So do more people without them

I knew the way the thread was going before posting. Getting the plates regardless, no rush as they'll be there for eternity.

Might get tinted windows and some nice big black alloys and a noisy exhaust.
    I have a few different plates on my cars.
    I obviously like them .