Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble at Merthyr Game.

Re: Trouble at Merthyr Game.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Local Derby for hereford

Not much longer than an hour or so

And they absolutely hate taffies
    Not all of us.

A significant amount of Little Englander types though who often turned up for games against Welsh clubs. They were more likely to turn up in numbers at Wrexham than Cardiff back in the day, I wonder why!

Yes, there were loads at Merthyr, but when you win easily most weeks and many games are relatively close people get used to going. Conference North aways we're back to the diehards.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hardly a local derby it’s 40 miles of country roads to get to Hereford. I could get to Bristol quicker.
    What other trips would you describe as a local Derby when you were in the same division as Hereford?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    Not all of us.

A significant amount of Little Englander types though who often turned up for games against Welsh clubs. They were more likely to turn up in numbers at Wrexham than Cardiff back in the day, I wonder why!

Yes, there were loads at Merthyr, but when you win easily most weeks and many games are relatively close people get used to going. Conference North aways we're back to the diehards.
    I was living in Oxford when we played Hereford in an early season game , early nineties

Hereford had started well and there was a very large welcoming committee gathered in Hereford and the town centre pubs that day

I had a wander around the town before kick off and I had a very squeaky bum .

I was living in Oxford when we played Hereford in an early season game , early nineties

Hereford had started well and there was a very large welcoming committee gathered in Hereford and the town centre pubs that day

Was that in Hereford

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was that in Hereford
    Yep , I came by train from Oxford , took over 2 hours , via Worcester

Yep , I came by train from Oxford , took over 2 hours , via Worcester
    Good to know. You didn't specify enough times was hard to work it out ;)

What part of Oxford were you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What part of Oxford were you in?
    I lived on wood farm then cowley Road above a kebab shop

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Good to know. You didn't specify enough times was hard to work it out ;)
    Have you ever been to a football match ? 🤔

See, this is why people shouldn't laugh at those half-and-half scarves.

I lived on wood farm then cowley Road above a kebab shop
    I know the both Well. Wood Farm is a little council estate. Just north of Wood farm is shotover, very expensive property. I worked there on and off for two years. Cowley rd is the main student street. I stayed on the road parallel to it, Iffley rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know the both Well. Wood Farm is a little council estate. Just north of Wood farm is shotover, very expensive property. I worked there on and off for two years. Cowley rd is the main student street. I stayed on the road parallel to it, Iffley rd.
    I lived by the tower block on wood farm

232 cowley Road

Have you ever been to a football match ? 🤔
    Not quite sure what that has to do with the way you wrote your comment.

It was a lighthearted response from myself, as shown by the use of an emoticon wink.

You haven't got to be this hard up all the time. Relax.

Farnborough have "issued banning orders to several individuals" : https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/farnb...t-2670283.html