+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble at Merthyr Game.

Trouble at Merthyr Game.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rthyr-22375092

Anyone heard from any Merthyr fans what went on?

Re: Trouble at Merthyr Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I wonder if they still have to come to Merthyr

Under normal circumstances I would have gone to this as it isn’t far from where I live and I have a few Merthyr supporting mates.

One of them was at the game and said just before full time a group of blokes, presumably Farnborough supporters, started goading and throwing objects at the Merthyr supporters that had congregated behind the one goal. Think this turned into some altercations at full time by the tunnels where some players and coaches were getting sucked into it. Although he said he wouldn’t describe it as a pitch invasion.

Then it kicked off again in the car park as the away supporters were heading to the coaches with bricks and all sorts being used. He did say there was something about it that almost felt a little premeditated. He was texting me as it was happening and said there were pools of blood about the place and he was worried at the time that someone may have gotten stabbed.

Weren’t aware of any particular bad blood between both sets of fans. I’ve been there twice before to see them play and both experiences were as you would expect at that level. Very unusual scenes all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I just had the full story from a friend in work who was at the game Saturday. It was extremely frightening for all concerned I am told. Attacked with sticks/clubs and one person knocked out by a house brick to the head. Luckily one of Merthyr players wife is a theatre nurse helped before ambulance was called to take him to hospital.

There was no pitch invasion, that’s bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I just had the full story from a friend in work who was at the game Saturday. It was extremely frightening for all concerned I am told. Attacked with sticks/clubs and one person knocked out by a house brick to the head. Luckily one of Merthyr players wife is a theatre nurse helped before ambulance was called to take him to hospital.

There was no pitch invasion, that’s bollocks.
    What happened was there any history between the sides? I can see some trouble at games happening at all levels but it sounds like it was planned

Are Hereford in the same league as Merthyr?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Are Hereford in the same league as Merthyr?
    No i don't think so i'm sure they were promoted a few seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    No i don't think so i'm sure they were promoted a few seasons ago
    I think Hereford turned up at Merthyr or it could have been Newport?

Probably tank and his jack mates , lost

I wonder if they still have to come to Merthyr
    Not now you've posted that. They'll be bricking it that Stan off CCMB wants some.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Under normal circumstances I would have gone to this as it isn’t far from where I live and I have a few Merthyr supporting mates.

One of them was at the game and said just before full time a group of blokes, presumably Farnborough supporters, started goading and throwing objects at the Merthyr supporters that had congregated behind the one goal. Think this turned into some altercations at full time by the tunnels where some players and coaches were getting sucked into it. Although he said he wouldn’t describe it as a pitch invasion.

Then it kicked off again in the car park as the away supporters were heading to the coaches with bricks and all sorts being used. He did say there was something about it that almost felt a little premeditated. He was texting me as it was happening and said there were pools of blood about the place and he was worried at the time that someone may have gotten stabbed.

Weren’t aware of any particular bad blood between both sets of fans. I’ve been there twice before to see them play and both experiences were as you would expect at that level. Very unusual scenes all round.
    I would have been there if City hadn't been at home. No trouble when I've been to this fixture in the past and I have never seen any trouble at Farnborough in the past.

What happened was there any history between the sides? I can see some trouble at games happening at all levels but it sounds like it was planned
    All jokes aside, it could be as simple as Hooligans on a day out knowing they'd get trouble undetected at a lower league game, they can't get it much at league level these days.

Although, I thought the whole hooligan thing was like minded people..not attacking your normal fan.
    I'd guess merthyr have some.lumps that follow them, lads I've worked with from up that way that go now and again I wouldn't want to **** with, but again not your typical hooligans just lads on the piss.

Injuries sustained seem awful. Hopefully all.recover and nobody too seriously hurt or shaken up, wouldn't be nice if people were put off going to away games because of something as silly as that.

Merthyr fans are not like that. They are a good bunch. It was Xmas jumper away day, that’s the sort of fans we are talking here.

Certainly not like minded lads looking for a scrap.

I know the boy who got knocked out by a house brick and he’s a nice boy. Quiet boy, not the fighting type.

Merthyr fans are not like that. They are a good bunch. It was Xmas jumper away day, that’s the sort of fans we are talking here.

Certainly not like minded lads looking for a scrap.

I know the boy who got knocked out by a house brick and he’s a nice boy. Quiet boy, not the fighting type.
    I meant the home fans fella..

My original post was meant to mention how close to London and a few bigger clubs Farnborough is. Obviously I missed that out of my post somehow.

It may have been planned from Farnborough side as they were able to get themselves armed with sticks / clubs.

They’ve arrested the perpetrator and have the brick so he will be looking at a stay behind the wall.

He’s lucky he’s not up for attempted murder.

It may have been planned from Farnborough side as they were able to get themselves armed with sticks / clubs.

They’ve arrested the perpetrator and have the brick so he will be looking at a stay behind the wall.

He’s lucky he’s not up for attempted murder.
    Cardiff fan at Chelsea got 7 months for throwing g a stone.

You'd hope this idiot actually connecting from a closer distance and a ****ing house brick gets a lot more.

I think Hereford turned up at Merthyr or it could have been Newport?

Probably tank and his jack mates , lost
    Few seasons ago they brought about 1500 on Boxing Day I think it was. Definitely over Xmas. Bit surprising as they never turned up on them sort of numbers at Cardiff but they were pissing the league at the time.

Sounds awful. Hopefully the brick throwing prick gets a good stay behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Cardiff fan at Chelsea got 7 months for throwing g a stone.

You'd hope this idiot actually connecting from a closer distance and a ****ing house brick gets a lot more.
    Some fella with crutches split another Merthyr fans head open. So someone took his crutches off him and threw them onto a roof. A bit childish but made me laugh.

I thought when the story broke on twitter on Saturday night it was pissed up exaggerating but from what I am hearing it was a very frightening experience. Not the sort of handbags that you get at non league.

Some fella with crutches split another Merthyr fans head open. So someone took his crutches off him and threw them onto a roof. A bit childish but made me laugh.

Few seasons ago they brought about 1500 on Boxing Day I think it was. Definitely over Xmas. Bit surprising as they never turned up on them sort of numbers at Cardiff but they were pissing the league at the time.
    Yeah that is weird I’ve never seen Newport in cardiff with more than about 500 fans

Local Derby for hereford

Not much longer than an hour or so

And they absolutely hate taffies

Local Derby for hereford

Not much longer than an hour or so

And they absolutely hate taffies
    Hardly a local derby it’s 40 miles of country roads to get to Hereford. I could get to Bristol quicker.

He didn't have a leg to stand on...

His punishment was to go get them himself