+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does Hudson say to them?

What does Hudson say to them?

A few people I have spoken to seem to believe that we could have won on Saturday, if only Morrison had stayed on the pitch. But we could just as easily have been four or five goals down before half time, as Sheffield showed how easy it was to by-pass our static defenders, with a string of through-ball passes, and after the break, they went on to show just how easy it is to score against us. It does make you wonder what Mark Hudson is saying to them in training. I know he's not been in post for long, but so far this season, we've kept just one clean sheet, and that's why we're not winning games.
    McGuinness looks a great signing, but Nelson (who used to be quick) looks panicky and error-prone. Flint is a good all-round defender but has no pace, while Morrison looks as though his legs have gone. We need to make changes, because our defence is costing us games. Hudson should be looking to bring in someone else, before it's too late.

Re: What does Hudson say to them?

As I have already said Connolly(ex Blackburn) seems to be doing well in the U23s. Not sure if this is right time to bring him in, with MCGUINNESS still quite green, but after Morrison's poor display, perhaps the time is right.
    The other option is to soldier on till Jan and bring in a loan.
    I agree we should be doing far better now Hudson is coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    As I have already said Connolly(ex Blackburn) seems to be doing well in the U23s. Not sure if this is right time to bring him in, with MCGUINNESS still quite green, but after Morrison's poor display, perhaps the time is right.
    The other option is to soldier on till Jan and bring in a loan.
    I agree we should be doing far better now Hudson is coaching.
    If only we had the league Cup to play these players in

Hudson is probably saying to not get themselves in 1v1 situations. Especially You Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    A few people I have spoken to seem to believe that we could have won on Saturday, if only Morrison had stayed on the pitch. But we could just as easily have been four or five goals down before half time, as Sheffield showed how easy it was to by-pass our static defenders, with a string of through-ball passes, and after the break, they went on to show just how easy it is to score against us. It does make you wonder what Mark Hudson is saying to them in training. I know he's not been in post for long, but so far this season, we've kept just one clean sheet, and that's why we're not winning games.
    McGuinness looks a great signing, but Nelson (who used to be quick) looks panicky and error-prone. Flint is a good all-round defender but has no pace, while Morrison looks as though his legs have gone. We need to make changes, because our defence is costing us games. Hudson should be looking to bring in someone else, before it's too late.
    easily be 5-0 down at half time? get a grip

He can give them great advice, go over things in training, show them videos and all the other stuff they do, but if players are going to dive in and get cards there's not a lot he can do about that.

We need to be better defensively, but let's not forget we ripped through them.with just as much ease, a much better team on paper than us, for a bit of balance in the argument.

The way we play is going to leave us open to being attacked, weirdly probably less than we were by the lumping it up losing it and trying to win it back method..I am sure Hudson is saying plenty behind closed doors. It is up to the players on the pitch. Let's not get on Hudsons back..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They had at least five clear chances before we scored. The defence was awful.

They had 3 shots ON TARGET all first half.

Stop it..

I must have been at a different game...

I must have been at a different game...
    They had 5 shots on target second half.

That's 8 in total.

You must have been.

Maybe your (brought on by years of watching Cardiff not having a pop here) built in need to whinge about Cardiff blurred your view on the game.

You say that Flint is "a good all-round defender but has no pace" - surely that doesn't make him a good all-round defender?
    Plus, he's terrible at passing the ball, so I'd argue he's definitely not a good all-round defender.

5-0 no but 3-1 maybe. Sharp missed two glorious chances and we looked pretty leaky

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You say that Flint is "a good all-round defender but has no pace" - surely that doesn't make him a good all-round defender?
    Plus, he's terrible at passing the ball, so I'd argue he's definitely not a good all-round defender.
    There are good all round defenders that lacked pace, some may even be classed as great.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    5-0 no but 3-1 maybe. Sharp missed two glorious chances and we looked pretty leaky
    In the interest of fairness 3-2 if Davies solo effprt went in..

May as well add our other chances as well, as theirs were all a given so ours should be too, you know tforturton, in the interest of fairness obviously. Not to bias our arguments too much here.

He most probably tells them to shoot from the halfway line more often !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He most probably tells them to shoot from the halfway line more often !
    hur hur hur funny

Ciaron Brown at centre half? Certainly isn’t a full-back.

He's probably saying "you Jack bastards, we're coming for you".....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's probably saying "you Jack bastards, we're coming for you".....
    The less he says about their fathers the better.

No words, just shows up in full kit Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not denying that we look very leaky at the back, especially at 0-0.
    5-0 would have been ridiculous at half time on the balance of play though.

I'm not denying that we look very leaky at the back, especially at 0-0.
    5-0 would have been ridiculous at half time on the balance of play though.
    Yes. They only had 5 shots. 3 on target. Would have been miraculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    In the interest of fairness 3-2 if Davies solo effprt went in..

May as well add our other chances as well, as theirs were all a given so ours should be too, you know tforturton, in the interest of fairness obviously. Not to bias our arguments too much here.
    Nelson also missed a completely free header and also had the one where their keeper somehow pushed it onto the post. So you could equally make a case for us leading 4-3. But we were woeful at the back early on, Morrison especially given he's the one who should've been organising the three centrebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Nelson also missed a completely free header and also had the one where their keeper somehow pushed it onto the post. So you could equally make a case for us leading 4-3. But we were woeful at the back early on, Morrison especially given he's the one who should've been organising the three centrebacks.
    Yes thought we had definitely scored there! Then the miss..wind mentioned in commentary.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Had they scored from the 1st chance the other 4 chances that you witnessed would not have occurred.

Had they not scored from the 2nd chance the other 3 chances that you witnessed would not have occurred.

Ditto for the 3rd, 4th and 5th chances.

I would not argue that they may have had other chances but not the ones that you witnessed had any of the chances been converted.

Unfortunately the majority of football fans and virtually all professional pundits seem to think that numerous missed chances could have resulted in the same number of goals.