+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Cards

Re: Red Cards

I’d have a guess at Marlon Pack but I’ve no idea when or against who

I'd say Harry Arter, but that would just be wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’d have a guess at Marlon Pack but I’ve no idea when or against who
    You're there. Just need the opponents.

Marlon Pack - a player so nondescript that nobody notices when he's been sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say Harry Arter, but that would just be wishful thinking.
    He got sent off against City while playing for Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He got sent off against City while playing for Fulham.
    Yup, and he got heaps from the crowd which pleased me no end.

You're there. Just need the opponents.

Marlon Pack - a player so nondescript that nobody notices when he's been sent off.

Was it Norwich last season or have I mixed it up with something else? Think we had just halved a 2-0 deficit and he got sent off for a second yellow.

Looking at that list, it seems that the majority of those are straight reds, rather than two yellows. Any idea if that's the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was it Norwich last season or have I mixed it up with something else? Think we had just halved a 2-0 deficit and he got sent off for a second yellow.

Looking at that list, it seems that the majority of those are straight reds, rather than two yellows. Any idea if that's the case?
    That's the one.

Yes, I think they were almost all straight reds.

During the same period (the last five seasons), City's opponents have had 11 men sent off. Interestingly, none last season - a campaign in which City had four sent off (Tomlin, Ralls, Pack and Vaulks).

Looking back at that Premier League season (18/19), City only had Ralls sent off at Spurs. Meanwhile, opposition teams had three players sent off. City only won one of those three games and that was thanks to a last-minute Sol Bamba goal against Brighton that shouldn't have stood.

That's the one.

Yes, I think they were almost all straight reds.

During the same period (the last five seasons), City's opponents have had 11 men sent off. Interestingly, none last season - a campaign in which City had four sent off (Tomlin, Ralls, Pack and Vaulks).

Looking back at that Premier League season (18/19), City only had Ralls sent off at Spurs. Meanwhile, opposition teams had three players sent off. City only won one of those three games and that was thanks to a last-minute Sol Bamba goal against Brighton that shouldn't have stood.
    Some reckon that offside goal Chelsea scored against us cost us relegation. They forget moments like the Bamba 'winner'.