+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FACup draw an embarrassment.

FACup draw an embarrassment.

Get the women out of it. They are devaluing this great competition. Anyone can read facts off a chart. What’s it doing on ITV 4 ? Get the women off the screen and stick it back where it all started for me- Monday lunchtimes on the radio. It was much more exciting. And no women involved.

Re: FACup draw an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Get the women out of it. They are devaluing this great competition. Anyone can read facts off a chart. What’s it doing on ITV 4 ? Get the women off the screen and stick it back where it all started for me- Monday lunchtimes on the radio. It was much more exciting. And no women involved.
    She was fine. Nowt wrong with the draw either. Jobi McAnuff comes across really well.

They should have held it at Boreham Wood, before the game with St Albans.

please help, my masculinity is so fragile I done think it can tolerate a women reading out numbers on the TV.

I try to avoid it now and get the result of the draw on SSN soon after. No women involved thank goodness and just straight facts: luvvly jubbly.

Ivor the sexist moron

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I try to avoid it now and get the result of the draw on SSN soon after. No women involved thank goodness and just straight facts: luvvly jubbly.
    There was a woman doing the SSN headlines as the draw was happening.

How exciting are you hoping it to be? It’s picking 64 balls out of a plastic tub.

Thought she handled them well to be fair.

Can't remember her name but she's a pretty good presenter (although she did say that Cardiff were 21 in the league instead of 21st). Didn't see her last week but she's presented snooker coverage on the BBC before and knows her stuff.
    She's no Isa Guha mind.

I don't mind women involved at all, but I can't say I really knew who they were and tucking the draw away on ITV4 presented by people many don't recognise does contribute to its devaluation somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't mind women involved at all, but I can't say I really knew who they were and tucking the draw away on ITV4 presented by people many don't recognise does contribute to its devaluation somewhat.
    ITV's coverage is a bit odd this season. They seem to have absolutely no self-advertising or promotion of them showing live games or the draw. I watched the draw on my phone (till we were drawn out), but had no idea it was on ITV4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    ITV's coverage is a bit odd this season. They seem to have absolutely no self-advertising or promotion of them showing live games or the draw. I watched the draw on my phone (till we were drawn out), but had no idea it was on ITV4.
    ITV sport has always been shit.
    And the women thing is just producers ticking boxes- they probably have a male/female quota to stick to these days (and prob the other channels too)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    FF4Nve6WYAM4Ktz.jpg

I remember when men were men and those men were, err, Bert Millichip and Graham Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I remember when men were men and those men were, err, Bert Millichip and Graham Kelly.
    what woman could possibly hope to match the raw charisma of Graham Kelly? he just has the aura of a competent administrator that was so captivating on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    please help, my masculinity is so fragile I done think it can tolerate a women reading out numbers on the TV.
    My masculinity can take it, I think for some it's the reasons behind the woment on the TV its just a token gesture, pandering whatever you want to call it. There was nothing wrong with it, why change it etc.

That Alex Scott tries way way too hard as well, microanalysis on throw ins and overly explaining way too much. Trying to prove herself. I think it's stupid to have them, I wouldn't say it angers me in any way now, or my fragile masculinity can't deal with it, I just don't see the point in them.

Was the same with Lions coverage, commentary team usually all ex lions unless I am mistaken? Why do they feel the need to add a women's International that has played test rugby but not been on a lions tour? The other blokes are all ex lions, at this rate they may as well have any ex test International on there.from the blokes too, isn't the whole point because they have a history with the lions and how it all works etc. Then they slap her bang in the middle of them. Things like that ARE pointless, it is definitely about being inclusive, PC all the rest of it and pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Ivor the sexist moron
    Read my post am I a moron too?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Read my post am I a moron too?
    that boat sailed a long time ago

My masculinity can take it, I think for some it's the reasons behind the woment on the TV its just a token gesture, pandering whatever you want to call it. There was nothing wrong with it, why change it etc.

That Alex Scott tries way way too hard as well, microanalysis on throw ins and overly explaining way too much. Trying to prove herself. I think it's stupid to have them, I wouldn't say it angers me in any way now, or my fragile masculinity can't deal with it, I just don't see the point in them.

Was the same with Lions coverage, commentary team usually all ex lions unless I am mistaken? Why do they feel the need to add a women's International that has played test rugby but not been on a lions tour? The other blokes are all ex lions, at this rate they may as well have any ex test International on there.from the blokes too, isn't the whole point because they have a history with the lions and how it all works etc. Then they slap her bang in the middle of them. Things like that ARE pointless, it is definitely about being inclusive, PC all the rest of it and pandering.
    Inclusivity isn't necessarily pointless though. Nothing wrong with getting a woman to do what Mark Pougatch or Mark Chapman or even Lineker does. Women like football too, maybe they like seeing someone of their own sex there instead of a sausage fest (or maybe they're not bothered - women rarely talk to me) and perhaps it brings out a different response in the pundits. I don't watch Football Focus but Alex Scott will get better in time like so many men have been allowed to.

I take your point regarding experience of a particular event but if you take that logic further then, for instance, anyone who hasn't played in the Champions League Final can't analyse one. Also, I thought Jayne Ludlow during the Euros was one of the best pundits so it's really just about getting good, articulate people in place, and that's not always done right whether they're male or female.

Having said that, they just need to bring back Graham Kelly drinking diet Pepsi in his vest and his sweat dripping while he fumbles with the velvet bag if they want to get the birds watching.

There'll be a woman king next. There should be a name for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There'll be a woman king next. There should be a name for that.
    There was once a female prime minister (or two), which doesn’t go down to well on this board either!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that boat sailed a long time ago
    Uncalled for.

My masculinity can take it
    ....then 1,053 characters that says otherwise.

it is definitely about being inclusive
    ....like that's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ....then 1,053 characters that says otherwise.

....like that's a bad thing?
    Read my points about the woman lions presenter...