+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FACup draw an embarrassment.

Re: FACup draw an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Get the women out of it. They are devaluing this great competition. Anyone can read facts off a chart. What’s it doing on ITV 4 ? Get the women off the screen and stick it back where it all started for me- Monday lunchtimes on the radio. It was much more exciting. And no women involved.
    I agree matey! Whatever next eh? Women to have the vote and allowed to drive cars? What is the world coming to??

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Read my points about the woman lions presenter...
    I just don't agree with you Demb. I love Alex Scott and her enthusiasm (as opposed to miserable old git male ex players like Keane & Souness). The world's moved on. Inclusivity is essential and shouldn't be threatening. There are plenty of other groups that aren't included enough e.g. disabled sportspeople. I'd quite like to see people like myself represented more too. If Stephen Hawking had been a Cardiff City supporter would we have dissed his opinion on Football Focus because he'd never played the game? It's all about getting out of comfort zones and embracing different points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I just don't agree with you Demb. I love Alex Scott and her enthusiasm (as opposed to miserable old git male ex players like Keane & Souness). The world's moved on. Inclusivity is essential and shouldn't be threatening. There are plenty of other groups that aren't included enough e.g. disabled sportspeople. I'd quite like to see people like myself represented more too. If Stephen Hawking had been a Cardiff City supporter would we have dissed his opinion on Football Focus because he'd never played the game? It's all about getting out of comfort zones and embracing different points of view.
    Womans. Lions. Presenter.

Womans. Lions. Presenter.
    Every. Day. Sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Get the women out of it. They are devaluing this great competition. Anyone can read facts off a chart. What’s it doing on ITV 4 ? Get the women off the screen and stick it back where it all started for me- Monday lunchtimes on the radio. It was much more exciting. And no women involved.
    A woman carried you for 9 months in her womb.
    What a waste of time that was.
    You are the embarrassment.

Every. Day. Sexism.
    Great.

But you haven't really read and replied accordingly have you, I mention the woman lions presenter, you talk about Alex Scott.

I reminded you of the point I was asking you to read.

It's not sexist. Have a read ffs.

Great.

But you haven't really read and replied accordingly have you, I mention the woman lions presenter, you talk about Alex Scott.

I reminded you of the point I was asking you to read.

It's not sexist. Have a read ffs.
    I did read it. Calm down. I did say I don't agree with you. Isn't that enough to leave it where it is? Your post included Alex Scott and a number of other things, all of which I included in my response. I didn't know I had to condense it down to the Lions bit though so I will...

I don't agree with you. I do think it's sexist. There's not much else to say.

I did read it. Calm down. I did say I don't agree with you. Isn't that enough to leave it where it is? Your post included Alex Scott and a number of other things, all of which I included in my response. I didn't know I had to condense it down to the Lions bit though so I will...

I don't agree with you. I do think it's sexist. There's not much else to say.
    Well yes, I'd expect a reply to the lions part, as that's what I was asking for...

All others are there on merit, having toured as lions, they have the experience to talk about it and understand what it means to be there and how the players will feel. They can put that across.in their commentary. She can't.

Enjoy your day, I'm just phoning my daughter to tell her I'm sexist, for thinking people sometimes need to have positions based on merit.

Women commentators screech when they get excited, just like women in general. Anyway I think it's time for Women's football to move on , and the sooner a top player come out as straight, all the better.

I can’t imagine how much of a miserable **** you’ve got to be to moan about women being on anything to do with football.

It’s not even something noticeable any more is it? I thought this had been normalised about 20 years ago.

What is ITV. 4 ?

Have you not seen the new memo concerning employment in TV roles 2021 ???

Well yes, I'd expect a reply to the lions part, as that's what I was asking for...

All others are there on merit, having toured as lions, they have the experience to talk about it and understand what it means to be there and how the players will feel. They can put that across.in their commentary. She can't.

Enjoy your day, I'm just phoning my daughter to tell her I'm sexist, for thinking people sometimes need to have positions based on merit.
    But Demb., she is there on merit. She's there because she's female. That's merit enough. Of course she didn't play for the Lions but that doesn't invalidate her contribution to the discussion in the same way as anybody who follows a sport can be very knowledgable. There are ex Lions there to do that. It's not like the entire presentation team consisted of Loose Women!

Anyway, enjoy your day too. Have a good one.

So, anyone who has a daughter cannot be sexist?

And this gentleman is why every day women and girls have to fight to maintain their rights. Sad sexist old men still can’t accept that women are equal.

And you wonder who no women post on this forum anymore. A sad inditement that they don’t feel safe on here.

My masculinity can take it, I think for some it's the reasons behind the woment on the TV its just a token gesture, pandering whatever you want to call it. There was nothing wrong with it, why change it etc.

That Alex Scott tries way way too hard as well, microanalysis on throw ins and overly explaining way too much. Trying to prove herself. I think it's stupid to have them, I wouldn't say it angers me in any way now, or my fragile masculinity can't deal with it, I just don't see the point in them.

Was the same with Lions coverage, commentary team usually all ex lions unless I am mistaken? Why do they feel the need to add a women's International that has played test rugby but not been on a lions tour? The other blokes are all ex lions, at this rate they may as well have any ex test International on there.from the blokes too, isn't the whole point because they have a history with the lions and how it all works etc. Then they slap her bang in the middle of them. Things like that ARE pointless, it is definitely about being inclusive, PC all the rest of it and pandering.
    As usual, people quickly polarise in discussions on here and descend into ad hominem attacks very quickly. I actually agree with Dembe to some degree (a very rare occurence indeed) as although we as a society need to be far more inclusive and on a grand scale, my personal opinion is that females are being shoe-horned disproportionately in to some roles in the sporting media.
    I realise that it is done for the right reasons but I think the recipe needs tweaking a wee bit. I think I recall seeing Gareth Thomas as the single male panellist of three for a (male) Wales international game in the last year or so, which seemed disproportionate. If my memory has failed me I would be happy to hold up my hands, of course.
    There should always be room to debate a matter in the space between two extreme positions and there is if we cannot consider a bit of fine tuning between two absolutes it would be unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Women commentators screech when they get excited, just like women in general. Anyway I think it's time for Women's football to move on , and the sooner a top player come out as straight, all the better.
    You're right there, mate. Quite frankly, I'd be happy if all women were killed and if they want me to personally kill every one of them with my bare hands then I will. They are scum.

What I thought was laughable was Radio5 introduced the draw as one of the “iconic” moments in sport and bugged up the 3rd round draw, then went to Goodison to talk about the Arsenal game for 5 minutes, by which time the draw had started and their “live” coverage was 30 seconds behind the actual draw! Not so iconic that they felt the need to actually respect the draw then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, anyone who has a daughter cannot be sexist?
    I don't know I'm not sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As usual, people quickly polarise in discussions on here and descend into ad hominem attacks very quickly. I actually agree with Dembe to some degree (a very rare occurence indeed) as although we as a society need to be far more inclusive and on a grand scale, my personal opinion is that females are being shoe-horned disproportionately in to some roles in the sporting media.
    I realise that it is done for the right reasons but I think the recipe needs tweaking a wee bit. I think I recall seeing Gareth Thomas as the single male panellist of three for a (male) Wales international game in the last year or so, which seemed disproportionate. If my memory has failed me I would be happy to hold up my hands, of course.
    There should always be room to debate a matter in the space between two extreme positions and there is if we cannot consider a bit of fine tuning between two absolutes it would be unfortunate.
    Thank you. I even gave an example with the lions presenter, a classic case of having her there just because shes a woman.

I'm not really arsed about them in football commentary, my point about Scott and the over analysis she does on micro incidents was a criticism of that and not BECAUSE she is a woman

The reaction of a few on here is ****ing hilarious to be honest.

My masculinity can take it, I think for some it's the reasons behind the woment on the TV its just a token gesture, pandering whatever you want to call it. There was nothing wrong with it, why change it etc.

That Alex Scott tries way way too hard as well, microanalysis on throw ins and overly explaining way too much. Trying to prove herself. I think it's stupid to have them, I wouldn't say it angers me in any way now, or my fragile masculinity can't deal with it, I just don't see the point in them.

Was the same with Lions coverage, commentary team usually all ex lions unless I am mistaken? Why do they feel the need to add a women's International that has played test rugby but not been on a lions tour? The other blokes are all ex lions, at this rate they may as well have any ex test International on there.from the blokes too, isn't the whole point because they have a history with the lions and how it all works etc. Then they slap her bang in the middle of them. Things like that ARE pointless, it is definitely about being inclusive, PC all the rest of it and pandering.
    They're just trying to make what is traditionally an all male sport feel more inclusive to women, and by having a woman involved in the commentary team it probably does do that. She might not have been a Lion but she played rugby at international level, and if every commentator had to have played the sport at the exact level they're commentating on then there'll be a lot of fellas at the job centre tomorrow.

I've just had a look at the Sky team for the Lions series:

Sam Warburton (male)
    Bryan Habana (male)
    Ronan O Gara (male)
    Will Greenwood (male)
    Sir Ian McGeechan (male)
    Nigel Owens (male)
    Scott Quinnell (male)
    Maggie Alphonsi (female)

How anybody can look at that lineup and their only takeaway is a moan about one woman being there is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    They're just trying to make what is traditionally an all male sport feel more inclusive to women, and by having a woman involved in the commentary team it probably does do that. She might not have been a Lion but she played rugby at international level, and if every commentator had to have played the sport at the exact level they're commentating on then there'll be a lot of fellas at the job centre tomorrow.

Sam Warburton (male)
    Bryan Habana (male)
    Ronan O Gara (male)
    Will Greenwood (male)
    Sir Ian McGeechan (male)
    Nigel Owens (male)
    Scott Quinnell (male)
    Maggie Alphonsi (female)

How anybody can look at that lineup and their only takeaway is a moan about one woman being there is beyond me
    she's not a lion because there IS no Lions women's team. if there had been one when she was playing then she would definitely have been in it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Sam Warburton (male)
    Bryan Habana (male)
    Ronan O Gara (male)
    Will Greenwood (male)
    Sir Ian McGeechan (male)
    Nigel Owens (male)
    Scott Quinnell (male)
    Maggie Alphonsi (female)

That's the standard set for the Lions over the years. Not mentioned it should be the standard across the sport.

Would somebody have been left out to include her?

Like I've said before, she won't have a clue about what the whole tour experience feels.like, uts not like playing international rugby, she can't comment on any of that, which is what they do before and during games.

In some cases it seems like they try too hard to include women. I didn't say I was against women being included, but I do think they try too hard, fitting round pegs in square holes if you will, on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    she's not a lion because there IS no Lions women's team. if there had been one when she was playing then she would definitely have been in it.
    Bingo.

If she had been on a women's tour I don't think you'd see me having a moan at her inclusion.

When they day comes, you could say her inclusion is merited, and not a token to appease watching fans, or they're scared that other sports/channels do it so they need to or people will call them out on it.

That's the standard set for the Lions over the years. Not mentioned it should be the standard across the sport.

Would somebody have been left out to include her?

Like I've said before, she won't have a clue about what the whole tour experience feels.like, uts not like playing international rugby, she can't comment on any of that, which is what they do before and during games.

In some cases it seems like they Tey too hard to include women. I didn't say I was against women being included, but I do think they try too hard, fitting round pegs in square holes if you will, on occasion.
    Who cares if she doesn't know what the whole specific Lions tour experience feels like I don't watch the Lions because I want to know what it's like having breakfast with Jamie Roberts

And even if you care about that do you're covered by the SIX other men there who can tell you about that (the 7th, Nigel Owens also doesn't know what a specific Lions tour experience feels like)

Seems like grasping for reasons to justify the fact that you just feel a bit weird about having her there to be honest

Bingo.

If she had been on a women's tour I don't think you'd see me having a moan at her inclusion.

When they day comes, you could say her inclusion is merited, and not a token to appease watching fans, or they're scared that other sports/channels do it so they need to or people will call them out on it.
    she's won the world cup, 6 grand slams, and been voted by journalists as the best player in the world, pipping Richie McCaw to that honour according to her Wikipedia page, and she's in the world rugby hall of fame.
    of all the female pundits you could have mentioned she seems better qualified than most to be honest.