+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FACup draw an embarrassment.

Re: FACup draw an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bingo.

If she had been on a women's tour I don't think you'd see me having a moan at her inclusion.

When they day comes, you could say her inclusion is merited, and not a token to appease watching fans, or they're scared that other sports/channels do it so they need to or people will call them out on it.
    It's not to appease though, it's to include, I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Sports like rugby and football have traditionally been the domain of men, nowadays people are realising that women actually might quite like them too, so channels include women in the coverage. Truth is a lot (not all) of the men kicking off about that are doing so because they want it to still be the domain of men, but that's dressed up with spurious justifications about why they're annoyed by it.

My 9 year old niece is mad about football - she plays for a team, goes to Wales games. My sister wouldn't have even considered doing those things because they weren't really on the table for girls when she was growing up in the 80's/90's. The world's been geared towards men our entire lives and things are beginning to shift and balance out a bit. Part of that is more female presence on the commentary teams, it's not like men are under represented so I really don't see the issue personally

I'm getting on now but throughout my life the only time I've heard a woman's voice when it comes to football has been negative

None of my mother sister, wife, aunties, sister in law's etc had any interest in football whatsoever. The only time they'd comment would be to turn it off, why is football always on and why waste your time watching that crap. Don't go to the football we have to do something which I hate.

I also had a few girlfriends who told me it was either them or Cardiff City - I always chose the City.

Maybe sub consciously if I hear a woman's voice with football it's deriving a negative response from me cos that's all I associate it with over the years 😃

Anyway it's pointless now - it's here to stay

None of them will ever be as bad as Garth Crooks or Mark Lawrenson either

Thank you. I even gave an example with the lions presenter, a classic case of having her there just because shes a woman.

I'm not really arsed about them in football commentary, my point about Scott and the over analysis she does on micro incidents was a criticism of that and not BECAUSE she is a woman

The reaction of a few on here is ****ing hilarious to be honest.
    I think you come over as a bit polarised yourself at times, old fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think you come over as a bit polarised yourself at times, old fruit
    Will not deny. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who cares if she doesn't know what the whole specific Lions tour experience feels like I don't watch the Lions because I want to know what it's like having breakfast with Jamie Roberts

And even if you care about that do you're covered by the SIX other men there who can tell you about that (the 7th, Nigel Owens also doesn't know what a specific Lions tour experience feels like)

Seems like grasping for reasons to justify the fact that you just feel a bit weird about having her there to be honest
    The men in the pub watching the rugby.

The men in the pub watching the rugby.
    I don't get what you're saying here sorry mate, what's this in relation to?

First Team

I don't know I'm not sexist.
    Fair play that’s ripe for the “Eats shoots and leaves” treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, anyone who has a daughter cannot be sexist?
    Isn’t there a joke in the office about this “how I can be sexist, my mum’s a woman”

Also every time there’s a thread that’s a big off, i.e a bit sexist, racist etc.

It’s always the exact same people who are twats. I cannot imagine how miserable monkfish, LoM etc must be with how ****ing miserable their opinions are.

I think it’s in response to who cares if she doesn’t know that the tour is like. Which is maybe the weakest argument to anything I’ve ever heard.

In the main I’m all for women involved in football but I agree the commentators are too screechy. I generally don’t mind a female expert on the panel - as someone said above, some women feel they can dismiss any talk about football by saying ‘not interested’ full stop - so it’s good we see far more women and women players on our screens. I agree with that Lions scenario, it was too much. Like asking me to comment on the cup final because I have played down the park.

I've never thought any women commentators are screechy. Do people just mean because their voices are higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    In the main I’m all for women involved in football but I agree the commentators are too screechy. I generally don’t mind a female expert on the panel - as someone said above, some women feel they can dismiss any talk about football by saying ‘not interested’ full stop - so it’s good we see far more women and women players on our screens. I agree with that Lions scenario, it was too much. Like asking me to comment on the cup final because I have played down the park.
    we've all got our opinions on this, and clearly a lot of people are used to the way it has always been and don't like change.

I really struggle with the idea that 1 female pundit out of 8 is too much?! are you saying that any female contribution is too much? if 0 out of 8 is the only acceptable amount then I'm bit sure your statement that you don't mind a female expert on the panel stacks up.
    she's one of the most successful female players of all time, and has even overcome having a club foot to go and play elite sport. far better to bring some different voices and opinions in there rather than listening to the same few boring ex pros every time.

"Who cares about the commentators"

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think it’s in response to who cares if she doesn’t know that the tour is like. Which is maybe the weakest argument to anything I’ve ever heard.
    It's not an argument. It's It's reply to a question of who cares...

I think Alex Scott over does it not arsed that she's there doing the job though.

The womans lions commentator though, hurt my opinion, they put here there only because she was a woman, that citizens Nephew fella even agreed.

I don't care that she was there, I am saying the reason why is bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Fair play that’s ripe for the “Eats shoots and leaves” treatment.
    Saying someone was given a job just because she is a woman isn't being sexist.

You lot don't half go overboard in your responses.

Bobs a bit of a coward. Pops on and calls someone a sexistnthen just trots off.

Bobs a bit of a coward. Pops on and calls someone a sexistnthen just trots off.
    Maybe he’s just got something else to do.

Perhaps. Slow day at work for me. Not a fan time drags.

"Who cares about the commentators"
    I didn't say that though, I said "Who cares if she doesn't know what the whole specific Lions tour experience feels like"

and if the answer to that as well is "the guys in the pub" then may I suggest they stop being such babies and listen to what the 6 men that are also on TV are saying

I’ve certainly got better to do than get involved with someone who comes on here each morning thinking now what can I have an argument about today? I’ve stuck him on ignore.

I didn't say that though, I said "Who cares if she doesn't know what the whole specific Lions tour experience feels like"

and if the answer to that as well is "the guys in the pub" then may I suggest they stop being such babies and listen to what the 6 men that are also on TV are saying
    You asked. I replied.

There's always more theough isn't there with you cocky lot, can't just say what you're saying , got to add a smart arse comment at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve certainly got better to do than get involved with someone who comes on here each morning thinking now what can I have an argument about today? I’ve stuck him on ignore.
    When you don't fit the boys club on here, you can only possibly be here to rock the boat, people can't possibly have different opinions they must be after a wind up at every opportunity because their opinions don't fit.

You've proven yourself a coward. Well done.

When you don't fit the boys club on here, you can only possibly be here to rock the boat
    ****ing hell it's Martin Luther King

You asked. I replied.

There's always more theough isn't there with you cocky lot, can't just say what you're saying , got to add a smart arse comment at the end.