+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: our former managers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: our former managers

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has any recent City manager gone on to a clearly bigger club than us after they left? Ole definitely did although whether he would have found a job with another club close to Man United's standing is very arguable and Sheffield Wednesday fans would tell us, rightly I'd say, that their club is bigger than City, but I can't think of anyone else - Malky was on the brink of joining Palace at one time, but didn't.

As for the others. Slade must realise now that he's not going to be a manager in the full time game again. Trollope looks to have settled for Assistant Manager roles and there'll always be EFL clubs looking to Warnock to get them out of trouble, but I'd say he can forget about the Premier League now, Harris would probably have to drop a division or two to get a job and McCarthy's failure here was such an abject one that I think there's every chance he'll not get another manager's job even if he still wants one.
    I can see Harris maybe getting another championship job

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can see Harris maybe getting another championship job
    Yes, he might eventually, but I think he might have to work his way back. He was linked with Portsmouth recently wasn’t he (wouldn’t be surprised if Crowley was sacked if they miss out on the Play Offs)? That’d be a great job for him at this stage of his career.

I think Harris level is a lot lower than that, he's more likely to turn up at Gillingham or Orient
    Personally I can't see him in a Championship club anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I think Harris level is a lot lower than that, he's more likely to turn up at Gillingham or Orient
    Personally I can't see him in a Championship club anytime soon
    Me neither. He's going to have to start over and build his value. I can't imagine many fans of League 1 teams would be too excited about the prospect of Neil Harris as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Me neither. He's going to have to start over and build his value. I can't imagine many fans of League 1 teams would be too excited about the prospect of Neil Harris as manager.
    Just like no one here was even remotely excited.

An appalling appointment.

Yes, he might eventually, but I think he might have to work his way back. He was linked with Portsmouth recently wasn’t he (wouldn’t be surprised if Crowley was sacked if they miss out on the Play Offs)? That’d be a great job for him at this stage of his career.
    Harris linked to Ipswich according to WOL

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He'd be daft not take that job if it's offered to him.

He'd be daft not take that job if it's offered to him.

Agree