+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCS ground entry question please

CCS ground entry question please

Driving down with my son for the Derby game and wondering when we need to be at the ground with Covid pass checks to get in?

What's it been like of late please?

Club suggests getting there ridiculously early bearing in mind we've got at least a 2 hour drive from up here.

Cheers,

TIB

Re: CCS ground entry question please

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Driving down with my son for the Derby game and wondering when we need to be at the ground with Covid pass checks to get in?

What's it been like of late please?

Club suggests getting there ridiculously early bearing in mind we've got at least a 2 hour drive from up here.

Cheers,

TIB
    At gate 5 it has been fine arriving as the usual time.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    At gate 5 it has been fine arriving as the usual time.
    Thanks! We're gate 9, hoping to get a pint beforehand and not fizz in the ground.

It's pretty smooth getting in. Just make sure you have your covid pass ready (or a negative test result in the previous 48 hours).

We arrived outside at 2.50pm on Saturday. Flashed a QR code on my phone (it was the correct code) and it was glanced at and then opened my coat at the next barrier 20 feet further ahead and then went through the turnstile.

Had time for a swift half and was in my seat by kick off..

Don't forget Derby is an early kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We arrived outside at 2.50pm on Saturday. Flashed a QR code on my phone (it was the correct code) and it was glanced at and then opened my coat at the next barrier 20 feet further ahead and then went through the turnstile.

Had time for a swift half and was in my seat by kick off..

Don't forget Derby is an early kick off.
    Also make sure you have snow-shoes ready.
    Derby are bringing a few lorry-loads of snow

thanks everyone! first time at the CCS for a while and my son returning home from Oz where he's lived for the last 6 years. let's hope we get a good game! (wishful thinking I know)

I've got the full set of Covid stuff, double jabbed, booster and had Covid.

[QUOTE=Taffy Blue in Berkshire;5252005

I've got the full set of Covid stuff, double jabbed, booster and had Covid.[/QUOTE]

F*ck me, get there a bit earlier and you might be playing.

thanks everyone! first time at the CCS for a while and my son returning home from Oz where he's lived for the last 6 years. let's hope we get a good game! (wishful thinking I know)

6 years in oz.

Call me horrible names if I put the dampener on it, but I am sticking my neck out now and calling an entertaining city home win.

Deserves that.

**** playing you in top trumps.

What vaccine proof is your son using in Wales? I have an Australia vaccine certificate but do you need an NHS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    What vaccine proof is your son using in Wales? I have an Australia vaccine certificate but do you need an NHS one?
    You can get a PCR test over here, at least that's what I've read on here. Use that txt as proof?

I had taken a photo of my vaccination qr code for speed , it didn't have the valid date . I had to find it before I could get in on Saturday. .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I had taken a photo of my vaccination qr code for speed , it didn't have the valid date . I had to find it before I could get in on Saturday. .
    They've obviously been reading the board, people skipping in on either any old qr code then saying how incompetent the club staff are online..

Apparently his Oz cert is compatible with the UK one. He's getting a PCR before he flies and then one at Heathrow arrivals next week. Over testing if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Same thing happened to my son at one of the Wales games

Apparently his Oz cert is compatible with the UK one. He's getting a PCR before he flies and then one at Heathrow arrivals next week. Over testing if you ask me.
    That's a relief if it's compatible, yes an excessive amount of testing I agree especially as there are different rules depending on the transit country. I believe they have to be private tests even in Australia right? The Australian government provide free PCR testing for interstate travel at least

That's a relief if it's compatible, yes an excessive amount of testing I agree especially as there are different rules depending on the transit country. I believe they have to be private tests even in Australia right? The Australian government provide free PCR testing for interstate travel at least
    His cert from Oz is for being double jabbed and he says equates to our vaccination pass here. I'm pretty sure he's paying for private tests both in Sydney and then on arrivals at Heathrow.