+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boxing day

Boxing day

Looks like no public transport available for our home game v Coventry. Cardiff Blues are also at home v scarlets.

Re: Boxing day

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Looks like no public transport available for our home game v Coventry. Cardiff Blues are also at home v scarlets.
    They say they want the public to leave their cars at home and catch busses, but there’s no bloody busses

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post

Looks like there is a reduced service on Boxing Day, but finishing about 5pm
    (Can’t print timetable out)

If you want more people to use public transport, then public transport needs to be available when people want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Looks like there is a reduced service on Boxing Day, but finishing about 5pm
    (Can’t print timetable out)
    There are no Cardiff Bus services on Boxing Day.

There wasn't any public transport when we played Spurs on New Year's Day in 2019. The traffic was absolute carnage around the stadium before and after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    If you want more people to use public transport, then public transport needs to be available when people want to use it.
    That would require some common sense present in them that's in charge.

It's been like it for years. No trains, buses. It's a disgrace. I think there are plenty of people these days who would happily work all over the Christmas period. Me and Mrs C don't bother with any Crimble stuff, it's just another day.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's all a joke town centre was rammed on Sunday with hundreds of cars belching out pollution fumes .

Minimal street parking as well as many people will stay at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's been like it for years. No trains, buses. It's a disgrace. I think there are plenty of people these days who would happily work all over the Christmas period. Me and Mrs C don't bother with any Crimble stuff, it's just another day.
    Whereas more and more businesses seem to be closing on Boxing day to give their staff another day off over the Christmas period.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whereas more and more businesses seem to be closing on Boxing day to give their staff another day off over the Christmas period.
    ....which transport companies will use to justify running a reduced or non-existent service on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whenever I had the chance to work over Christmas and New Year I always took it. Loved getting away from all the tat. Nowadays, with working from home, every day is just another day anyway. The biggest problem for those of us who don't/can't drive anymore is lack of transport. Sure, cabs are available but they're expensive over that period.

Nearly half of December is lost in productivity and any admin centres for anything are usually closed. Meanwhile, competitors across the globe are working/producing/shipping product. This makes me sound like a right slave-driver but it's not the case. I just think we've turned the whole thing into a longer and longer luxury we can't afford, at any level.

Sorry. This turned into a bit a of a rant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    ....which transport companies will use to justify running a reduced or non-existent service on the day.
    Exactly! It's a vicious circle.

Surely the people who have to do the job either it be bus driver or train driver should have the choice to work Boxing Day or choice to spend the day with friends or family
    And by the looks they have chosen the latter and so would I

Public transport here is poor in general. I can quite easily get the bus and train from where I live into town but to get to other parts of the city would take 10 times longer than just driving. I'm also not a fan of how early the services stop in the evening.

Hopefully in 20 years the metro fixes dome of these issues, if that ever really happens.

Never understood the lack of services on holidays, there must be enough people who would happily work or those that don't celebrate it to at least run skeleton services.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Surely the people who have to do the job either it be bus driver or train driver should have the choice to work Boxing Day or choice to spend the day with friends or family
    And by the looks they have chosen the latter and so would I
    Nurses, Taxi Drivers, Pilots, Power/Utility engineers, TV & Press personnel, Supermarket staff, Retail staff, etc, etc. Probably a few million, but not Cardiff Bus obviously.