+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Callum Patterson

Re: Callum Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can't remember what his passing and composure was like, how does he fit into a team that doesn't hoof it up field to him?
    He doesn't even fit into a team that hoofs the ball up to to him because he can't hold it up. I think the fact that he's playing as a centre-back in League One a few years after playing as a striker for us in the Premier League says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He doesn't even fit into a team that hoofs the ball up to to him because he can't hold it up. I think the fact that he's playing as a centre-back in League One a few years after playing as a striker for us in the Premier League says it all.
    Can't agree more fella

Nice bloke, good to have around etc but that I important part of being a footballer..some make a career out of being utility players, I don't even think he's that he's just shoved wherever.

Can we stop talking about Callum Paterson? He seemed like a decent bloke and he tried hard. But he was never that good. And he's gone. He's been gone. We don't need him back. He is literally a League One player. Let's see how long that lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can we stop talking about Callum Paterson? He seemed like a decent bloke and he tried hard. But he was never that good. And he's gone. He's been gone. We don't need him back. He is literally a League One player. Let's see how long that lasts.
    I suppose the one plus to these occasional threads is that they are football related

I always liked Patto, but if we are honest, what he lacked in skill ( and his skillset is fairly limited ) he made up with effort

but that was never really going to work long time

looks like a great dressing room character though, which is a big plus in todays game

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Patterson is EXACTLY the type of player we need given the points we have
    Is he going to shore up our defence? No. Is he going to provide the inspiration we desperately need in midfield? No. Is he going to score goals that our current strike force can’t ? No. He is undoubtedly a great bloke but we need more than perspiration and as for being a force for good in the dressing room, well, no doubt he is but how does anyone know we are short of spirit in that department? Thanks for your commitment Callum and good luck (unless you are playing against us)

In what way is a very limited player who wouldn't fit into the system exactly the type of player we need?

Callum Paterson personified Warnock’s “plucky little Cardiff City” routine.
    He was a nice guy, very personable - signing autographs and meeting the kids in the family end - but we’ve surely moved on from that.
    Is he still a candidate for Sheffield Wednesday’s Young Player of The Year?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In what way is a very limited player who wouldn't fit into the system exactly the type of player we need?
    He works hard

That's qualifies people as footballing gods to some cardiff fans.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Fence painting ?
    Face painting ..
    Car park attendant ..
    Have I missed anything ?
    Tbf he’s quite good at Fortnite and the dance routines

I loved him and we're nowhere near there yet but for the first time in a long long time I can actually see the chance of a future where we've got a young team that plays football, Patterson would be a big step backwards, no thank you

He could do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He could do a job for us.
    Which one , I listed a few and Light Up The Darkness has added a couple more?

I liked Paterson, I've never seen anyone win so much ball in the air for us. He was unbeatable at times.

I've not seen him playing centre half for Wednesday but if we are playing a back three I would say he could do a decent job there. It's not like he's a worse footballer than Morison, flint or Nelson.

Paterson’s biggest mistake was truly believing he was a striker.

He's a lump to throw in during the cold January nights where rain and snow drains forth and points are scare

Onward into battle 💪

He's a lump to throw in during the cold January nights where rain and snow drains forth and points are scare

Onward into battle 💪
    Soo is Kieffer Moore. Collins cab also hold the ball up if lumped to him.

Hopefully we only EVER see that in last of the game frantic attacks chasing a goal. Hope we never see hoofball down the city again. Utter turge.

One of my favourite players of recent times. Have a look at his “skill set” in the goals scored on YouTube including a sublime volley at Derby. He scored 19 goals in 95 appearances including 4 in the Premier League while being effed about with position wise. He had a great knack of getting the ball on target by any means and I remember several “scuffs” going into the bottom corner. I’d love to see some of our current team scuffing with such great effect.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    One of my favourite players of recent times. Have a look at his “skill set” in the goals scored on YouTube including a sublime volley at Derby. He scored 19 goals in 95 appearances including 4 in the Premier League while being effed about with position wise. He had a great knack of getting the ball on target by any means and I remember several “scuffs” going into the bottom corner. I’d love to see some of our current team scuffing with such great effect.
    Have it

he's played the last 2 games there for Wednesday and done pretty well apparently

Along with Bamba and Morrison my daughters favourite players. Cant knock that, but ironic how she despised hoofball...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He's a utility player, and very useful to have in a squad. On the bench, he can cover every position to a decent degree, if not excelling. Majority of people can see his limits, but he's a very solid player at this level, and has a great personality to go with it. I miss him for sure.

Have it
    If only we could all live an entire life in one single generation where nothing changes for the duration of our time on earth. Earth stands still. Time rolls by 50 percent slower than real life and we all get stuck in one era, music, fashion, football, politics nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's played the last 2 games there for Wednesday and done pretty well apparently
    If he can listen to his coaches and understand positional play he might be OK in league 1. The better football gets the more you need a football brain to play in these positions, it's not like a player shortage in Sunday league where people step in, long term he needs a lot more to his game to play there, may do OK short term with his raw attributes but longer term he may get caught out, or if he applies himself he might just find his calling in the game and lose the utility tag. Wish him all the best did nothing but try for us, all I had against him was I thought we had better to play where he was being played, not his fault and as a pro he's just going to get on with it and do as his gaffer says.

Agee. I would have him back in this team in a heartbeat. A warrior and that is exactly what we need in the team at the mo.
    Spedger