+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Callum Patterson

Re: Callum Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Agee. I would have him back in this team in a heartbeat. A warrior and that is exactly what we need in the team at the mo.
    Spedger
    Respectfully, where and for who?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If he can listen to his coaches and understand positional play he might be OK in league 1. The better football gets the more you need a football brain to play in these positions, it's not like a player shortage in Sunday league where people step in, long term he needs a lot more to his game to play there, may do OK short term with his raw attributes but longer term he may get caught out, or if he applies himself he might just find his calling in the game and lose the utility tag. Wish him all the best did nothing but try for us, all I had against him was I thought we had better to play where he was being played, not his fault and as a pro he's just going to get on with it and do as his gaffer says.
    I really think it says a lot about the players that he was starting in front of. Any striker that was being benched instead of player signed as a right back needs to do some self evaluation.
    Patterson wasn't the best footballer we've had, but he rarely let us down.

I'm not arguing for any one to be brought back. I'm really looking forward to seeing these young lads develop. I just don't like history being airbrushed. 19 in 95 or 1 goal in 5 games is almost as good as my all time favourite player, Peter Whittingham. By the way that's maths not emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    I'm not arguing for any one to be brought back. I'm really looking forward to seeing these young lads develop. I just don't like history being airbrushed. 19 in 95 or 1 goal in 5 games is almost as good as my all time favourite player, Peter Whittingham. By the way that's maths not emotion.
    We need to get points on the board or we are going to airbrushed into league 1

If we have to get physical again to win games then let's have it

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I really think it says a lot about the players that he was starting in front of. Any striker that was being benched instead of player signed as a right back needs to do some self evaluation.
    Patterson wasn't the best footballer we've had, but he rarely let us down.
    Possibly, but I think it was more down to what he offered in running around trying hard and was good in the air. I think better players were selected behind him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

How many points did we have thos season playing that way? Same way as we have for God knows how long. It don't work it's been rumbled. Worked for a period but we got found out.

Hasn't worked this year, won't work.

Table don't lie.

I don't understand. We changed our style of play and got 10 points from 7 games. Which is comfortably a top 10 finish PPG rate. The previous 9 games we got zero points. And people agree we have to sign Callum Paterson to avoid getting relegated? Sludge is on a wind up. He must be bored.

Gavin Rae is still doing a job hoovering his living room . Wouldn’t he be better than Morrison etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't understand. We changed our style of play and got 10 points from 7 games. Which is comfortably a top 10 finish PPG rate. The previous 9 games we got zero points. And people agree we have to sign Callum Paterson to avoid getting relegated? Sludge is on a wind up. He must be bored.
    The word you were looking for was stupid . Surely ?

What we need is patience to allow us to develop a style of football that might make us successful. I know you love your blood and thunder players and couldn't give a shit about things like skill and passing, but that's not the future of the game.

Let Morison do his thing. We're not going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The word you were looking for was stupid . Surely ?
    He knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He knows what he's doing.

Knows the replies are coming. This kind of wind up is accepted though..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What we need is patience to allow us to develop a style of football that might make us successful. I know you love your blood and thunder players and couldn't give a shit about things like skill and passing, but that's not the future of the game.

Let Morison do his thing. We're not going down.
    Well that's a statement you can make if you like but until we have a ten point buffer it's going to be a very nervous remainder of the season !

Well that's a statement you can make if you like but until we have a ten point buffer it's going to be a very nervous remainder of the season !
    Yes, let's go back to successful points gallore hoofball to get a safety net..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yes, let's go back to successful points gallore hoofball to get a safety net..
    See you at the end of the season junior

I'm not suggesting we re-sign him at all, but it will be interesting if he does end up playing in that role.

You often see converted strong full-backs doing well on the left or right of a back 3, the likes of Peltier, McNaughton or certainly Connolly could have played that role I think.

Patterson has played as a full back, and is committed, strong and dominant in the air.
    He's quick enough and better with the ball at his feet than a lot of centre backs.

Having a look at a Sheff Weds forum, it seems he's not held in as high esteem there as he is here "not a footballer" was mentioned more than once, as was "binman".
    He does seem to have won a lot of them over playing at centre back though, he's done well in both games, one of which they were down to ten men and he had a yellow card from the 3rd minute but defended resolutely and looked good bringing the ball out into midfield. Who knows, if he does make that position his own then maybe he could play there at a higher level.

I’d be interested to see him in our back 3. I honestly don’t think he could do much worse than Morrison has this season.

Probably has all the attributes for it but not sure whether he has the sense for it.

You're about 10 years older than me 15 at a push

Yes, no problem. You seem to thrive on impending doom, I am happy with what is going on at the club at the moment.

Are you stuck in a time warp? Do you actually watch Cardiff ? We almost disappeared out of sight playing hoofball , if we don't modernise we are going where you will love some of the football . League one then more than probably league two .
    You must see that surely?

Wow so many responses to my post lol.

Wouldn’t want him back but still interesting to see how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Are you stuck in a time warp? Do you actually watch Cardiff ? We almost disappeared out of sight playing hoofball , if we don't modernise we are going where you will love some of the football . League one then more than probably league two .
    You must see that surely?
    Every time their chosen decade comes to an end Sludge and Bluetit are returned to the beginning of the decade to start it all over again.

Time moves on for the rest of us, but they, although living alongside the rest of us moving on day by day week by week year by year, are stuck in a continual decade long timeloop.