+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looks like it has to be a Welsh dominated top ten then.

Looks like it has to be a Welsh dominated top ten then.

Too many Englishmen picked so far?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...the-world-2021

Re: Looks like it has to be a Welsh dominated top ten then.

I don't think any of ours deserve to be in the top 100 this year, which actually makes me happy that we're now a team rather than just a superstar and his backing band.

I'm not sure how you'd even start coming up with a top 100 to be honest, top 10 maybe but how the hell do you decide who the 88th best player in the world is. How is Cancelo only 6 places ahead of Paul 'one good game in 5" Pogba? How is Kai Havertz 38 places ahead of Diogo Jota? What exactly is a "Mikel Oyarzabal"?

No thank you

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't think any of ours deserve to be in the top 100 this year, which actually makes me happy that we're now a team rather than just a superstar and his backing band.

I'm not sure how you'd even start coming up with a top 100 to be honest, top 10 maybe but how the hell do you decide who the 88th best player in the world is. How is Cancelo only 6 places ahead of Paul 'one good game in 5" Pogba? How is Kai Havertz 38 places ahead of Diogo Jota? What exactly is a "Mikel Oyarzabal"?

No thank you
    I think you’re right about Wales and it’s hard to argue with what you say about individual placings.

I'd say that any of those listed so far if they had any eligibility to play for us, would walk into the side and be adored. Even Grealish! I agree with Delm that we don't have anyone in the top 100 but we are a 'team'. Hopefully, that's going to keep us going for the next 5-10 years (obviously Bale won't be playing and Ramsey who are the only ones who would have got into a top 100 in the last 5 years I reckon...?).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd worry if any English players appear in the top 10, but given they had a successful Euros its about right for them so far.
    Andy Robertson possibly deserves a place though.

Apparently no football outside of Europe!

The 100 best male footballers. In case you were wondering where the ladies were.

Are they saying that in 2021 that Harry Kane is the 15th best footballer in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are they saying that in 2021 that Harry Kane is the 15th best footballer in the world?
    The top ten is going to be filled with Spurs players on that basis!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The top ten added now.

They’ve already done the women’s one - one Welsh lady in that (lower than I thought she’d be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The top ten added now.

They’ve already done the women’s one - one Welsh lady in that (lower than I thought she’d be as well.

Six Barcelona players in that top ten and ten forwards! Have they watched Arsenal play? I honestly believe Jess should be in that top 10/20 too. Lucy Bronze is way too low too. She's still an amazing player and how Fran Kirby gets in the top ten I don't know.

Totally agree with Alexia Putellas as number 1 though. Outstanding.

As for the men....meh! Harry Kane as high as 15th! Are they 'avin a larf?!

Neco is possibly the only Welsh player who could be pushing for a list appearance at some point in the future. He needs more games and a bit more consistency first though.

Like everyone above I'm not bothered at all by the lack of representation. 2022 could be one of the best year for Wales since 2016 and we don't need any superstars thanks. I wouldn't swap a battling Kieffer Moore performance for a flattering to deceive cameo from Grealish.