Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
I don't understand why it's funny? Labour are basically slightly left leaning at the moment based on their policies aren't they.

I would rather a more left wing party too, I think it would really benefit the country. It'd never get in though is the issue so centre left is the best we could ever hope for.
How about if Labour promised to go after the ingrained wealth in the country. Nationalise the assets of grosvenor estates, earl of Plymouth etc. All these scumbags who have billions and billions of land because 800 years ago their ancestors knew the Queen. Personally , my impression of the Labour Party is that if you work hard and earn good money they will tax the hell out of you. But they're no better at taxing the super rich than the tories are. At least the tories are upfront about their bootlicking subservience to the super rich 🤣.

A pitch of ' we're going after unfair wealth to help us all, but if you work hard we'll leave you alone' . It would certainly get my vote.

Then again, my ideal vision of politics would be about 6 months of bloodthirsty communism, kill the royals, aristocracy, the lot. Then 50 years of centre right government. I think I'm in a minority of 1 with this view!! 🤣