+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

.over the selfish, sod-the-little-people, Tory Christmas Party.

Kier Starmer is going to have a field day. Ah, then again..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .over the selfish, sod-the-little-people, Tory Christmas Party.

Kier Starmer is going to have a field day. Ah, then again..
    Starmer was most probably on the guest list

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

There are plenty of thick people throughout the country, and more than enough on here who again will think "Funny old Boris"/"Hell of a boy"....

For the first time in ages there was no cabinet minister doing the media rounds this morning. Thankfully ducking out of PMQs is not an option for them.

It's typical tory but they will get away with it

The joy of government is that the people are stupid 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    There are plenty of thick people throughout the country, and more than enough on here who again will think "Funny old Boris"/"Hell of a boy"....
    Probably. Hopefully though more people will remember not being able to meet family for xmas, not being able to go to funerals, no care home visits and dad's missing their babies being born whilst substances were (allegedly) being snorted in toilets at a jolly in Downing Street

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The joy of government is that the people are stupid ��
    I think this could well be Boris's Bridge too far.

We may well have a new Prime Minister in the not too distant future

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The joy of government is that the people are stupid ��
    You can say that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I think this could well be Boris's Bridge too far.

We may well have a new Prime Minister in the not too distant future
    I'm inclined to agree. And I don't mind him (better than the alternative in 2019) but he himself seems less and less interested now and like he needs a new project and what undoubted political talents he has (oratory, teflon, ability to engage and enthuse etc) are less in demand during things like Covid)

Thing is, politicians usually like to end on a completed project. Maybe if he gets us through winter to the spring when the latest round of Covid shite is over then there may be serious moves to replace him - presumably with Sunak.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    For the first time in ages there was no cabinet minister doing the media rounds this morning. Thankfully ducking out of PMQs is not an option for them.
    Iain Dale does a section called Cross Question on his LBC radio show between 8 and 9 Monday to Thursday which is a discussion between representative of the various parties

According to him on twitter the Tories have just pulled Conor Burns the Minister of State for Northern Ireland from tonights program.

The wagons are circling

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. And I don't mind him (better than the alternative in 2019) but he himself seems less and less interested now and like he needs a new project and what undoubted political talents he has (oratory, teflon, ability to engage and enthuse etc) are less in demand during things like Covid)

Thing is, politicians usually like to end on a completed project. Maybe if he gets us through winter to the spring when the latest round of Covid shite is over then there may be serious moves to replace him - presumably with Sunak.
    ...see my post above.

The biggest opposition to the Tory Party comes from the Tory Party and Tory members. Today at PMQs Starmer has his chance to strike at an open goal. He can't mess it up surely. Will Starmer succeed? I doubt it but in reality Johnson and the Cabinet members who denied the existence of a party which flouted the rules should resign but I doubt whether it will happen. The evidence is there and this is now Starmer's chance to shine. If he doesn't then his time is up also.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Iain Dale does a section called Cross Question on his LBC radio show between 8 and 9 Monday to Thursday which is a discussion between representative of the various parties

According to him on twitter the Tories have just pulled Conor Burns the Minister of State for Northern Ireland from tonights program.

The wagons are circling
    A correspondent on Radio 4 this morning stated that government representation has been pulled across the board in respect of the media.

He stopped being interested the day after he won the Tory vote, with a brief revival of interest when there was an election.

Some of us are old enough to remember him skipping multiple COBRA meetings when a virus was about to ravage the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A correspondent on Radio 4 this morning stated that government representation has been pulled across the board in respect of the media.
    Where's General Custer when you need him..................

Interesting take, although I suspect most people will be focusing on the lies and incompetence rather than Boris' next 'project'.

Question is what speech is he preparing right now, is he wriggling or holding his hand up doing something I don't think he has ever uttered with any feeling, "sorry".

Hoping Johnson's getting tired of being PM as has been suggested.
    The bloke has no place on the TV in my living room.

My guess is his own party turns on him and he goes the same way as his mate Trump.

He needs to be publicly keel-hauled to deter his successors.

Prime Minister Johnson is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    ...see my post above.
    Yes I saw your post, and many will be okay with it, although that doesn't make them thick.

Will be very interesting to see his response today at PMQs.

Heartfelt apology? Unlikely.
    He wasn't there, so was he misled on the party? Possibly. In which case he sacks them all?
    Will he continue to claim that there was no party at all?

Bizarre scenario

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He stopped being interested the day after he won the Tory vote, with a brief revival of interest when there was an election.

Some of us are old enough to remember him skipping multiple COBRA meetings when a virus was about to ravage the country.
    Absolutely. It was all about the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Interesting take, although I suspect most people will be focusing on the lies and incompetence rather than Boris' next 'project'.
    Well, yes, undoubtedly so. And whatever else he or any other Prime Minister does with their career, after being PM it will be less interesting to people than their previous job

Worst thing is they just don’t care/get it

Yes I saw your post, and many will be okay with it, although that doesn't make them thick.

Will be very interesting to see his response today at PMQs.

Heartfelt apology? Unlikely.
    He wasn't there, so was he misled on the party? Possibly. In which case he sacks them all?
    Will he continue to claim that there was no party at all?

Bizarre scenario
    They’re saying there was no party as it was a meeting with cheese and wine.

Trying to wriggle out of it.

If in politics you need to be holier than thou.

As with Thatcher, it will probably be the Conservative backbenchers who will bring down Boris.

I think it would take another Geoffrey Howe moment for him to go. One of his more senior cabinet members needs to resign and make a knife-twisting statement from the back benches , just as Howe did. Whilst all his sheep still follow, we'll be stuck with him I fear.
    Who could realistically replace him? Don't think there's anyone currently in a top job on the front bench I'd want anywhere near no10. The only name I could think of is Jeremy Hunt.

The problem the Tories have is that a lot of people only voted for them last time round because of "good old Boris". Some of them are finally seeing him for what he really is but many would still vote for him if he broke into their house and shat on their kitchen table.
    Replacing him must seem like the right thing to do right now if you're a Tory backbencher, but they'll still be wondering if he's unbelievably more of an asset than a liability.
    Next week's by-election could change all that.