+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .over the selfish, sod-the-little-people, Tory Christmas Party.

Kier Starmer is going to have a field day. Ah, then again..
    Lets keep our fingers crossed he does. With luck we can be rid of the buffoon and his idiot tribe much sooner than we'd otherwise hope.

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They’re saying there was no party as it was a meeting with cheese and wine.

Trying to wriggle out of it.

If in politics you need to be holier than thou.
    Some say there was plenty of coke to be had, as opposed to Pepsi. Snort snort!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think it would take another Geoffrey Howe moment for him to go. One of his more senior cabinet members needs to resign and make a knife-twisting statement from the back benches , just as Howe did. Whilst all his sheep still follow, we'll be stuck with him I fear.
    Who could realistically replace him? Don't think there's anyone currently in a top job on the front bench I'd want anywhere near no10. The only name I could think of is Jeremy Hunt.
    they won't rebel until the polls start to drop a few points, then you will see genuine discontent from the back benches.

the problem is they are very stubbornly sticking to almost 40% mark. this is because of the complete collapse of the parties of the right, other than the Tories, while the left is still split with labour, lib dem and greens, SNP, plaid etc

Not saying anything we don't all know here but God help us if Covid gets to a point where lockdown is required again, a lot of people will not listen to this Government about it in the slightest and you can see why

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not saying anything we don't all know here but God help us if Covid gets to a point where lockdown is required again, a lot of people will not listen to this Government about it in the slightest and you can see why
    I take this as a thinly veiled invitation to a party at yours?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I take this as a thinly veiled invitation to a party at yours?
    BYOB but nibbles provided

I think it will be presented as an essential business meeting (which was allowed under the regs at the time) and whilst they were all gathered at number 10 anyway what difference would it make if they had a glass of wine and cheese and biscuits at the same time. Presumably it could be argued that they would have had coffee and biscuits during a business meeting anyway? Just playing the devil's advocate here BTW as I wouldn't believe such spin for a moment!

Come on then...

What's gonna happen at PMQ's at midday?

A / Will he stick to the line that the party didn't happen? Explain the Allegra Stratton video as banter etc. Viable, just about, unless photo evidence emerged. Highly unlikely no one took a a photo if there were 40 people there, even if it was illicit. Papers would protect a source and pay them handsomely.

B / Acknowledge the party, say he was misled, have a night of the long knives moment and fire a load of people. Result is he looks stronger, at least for now. If he genuinely didn't know then this is the right thing, although it shows he doesn't know what is happening in his own backyard.

C / Admit he knew about it and misled people, explain that Covid has been hard on us all and offer to resign in the coming months and apologise for letting people down? Slim chance, honourable of sorts, would ruin his reputation and future career.

D / Push back at Labour. Highlight their inconsistencies and misdemeanours (of which there are some, but no where near as bad Covid wise) and accuse them of trying to undermine trust in the government and put lives at risk with a story that is a year old etc?

I can't think of a realistic alternative option.

I'm Voting for A, followed by D. Option B would be fun.

Come on then...

A / Will he stick to the line that the party didn't happen? Explain the Allegra Stratton video as banter etc. Viable, just about, unless photo evidence emerged. Highly unlikely no one took a a photo if there were 40 people there, even if it was illicit. Papers would protect a source and pay them handsomely.

B / Acknowledge the party, say he was misled, have a night of the long knives moment and fire a load of people. Result is he looks stronger, at least for now. If he genuinely didn't know then this is the right thing, although it shows he doesn't know what is happening in his own backyard.

C / Admit he knew about it and misled people, explain that Covid has been hard on us all and offer to resign in the coming months and apologise for letting people down? Slim chance.

D / Push back at Labour. Highlight their inconsistencies and misdemeanours (of which there are some, but no where near as bad Covid wise) and accuse them of trying to undermine trust in the government and put lives at risk with a story that is a year old etc?

None of the those. See my theory above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    None of the those. See my theory above.
    Good theory. I am classing your prediction as Option A1 - a subset of Option A :)

I'm inclined to agree. And I don't mind him (better than the alternative in 2019) but he himself seems less and less interested now and like he needs a new project and what undoubted political talents he has (oratory, teflon, ability to engage and enthuse etc) are less in demand during things like Covid)
    Oratory talents? Like his rousing Peppa Pig speech? I can't think of anything he's said that's inspiring or comforting or whatever else he's supposed to do. His only political skills are scheming his way up the greasy pole (of which he's done very well) and the only project he likes is his career.

Come on then...

C / Admit he knew about it and misled people, explain that Covid has been hard on us all and offer to resign in the coming months and apologise for letting people down? Slim chance, honourable of sorts, would ruin his reputation and future career.

E/ Obfuscation and incoherent babblings indispersed with anecdotes about Lego and Greek mythology.

Option F - Completely ignore it and announce a full national lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .over the selfish, sod-the-little-people, Tory Christmas Party.

Kier Starmer is going to have a field day. Ah, then again..
    Strong rumours the same thing happened in cardiff bay with Kim jong Drakeford

Sadly he may go and Rishi Sunak will step up , and the anti Boris vote will go with him , that will give Starmer a much harder task .

The electorate will decide at the next election but we do need to see or hear some new vision to attract votes to switch .

It must be hard though for those who lost relatives to Covid without seeing them as they did abide by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Oratory talents? Like his rousing Peppa Pig speech? I can't think of anything he's said that's inspiring or comforting or whatever else he's supposed to do. His only political skills are scheming his way up the greasy pole (of which he's done very well) and the only project he likes is his career.
    They say that Johnson is a stupid person's idea of a clever person.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Strong rumours the same thing happened in cardiff bay with Kim jong Drakeford
    Got a link?

One theory..

Which would help legally but not politically..

Would suggest they know they are in the shit.

https://order-order.com/2021/12/08/b...owning-street/

Time to watch PMQ's

I have my popcorn and fizzy drink

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Option F - Completely ignore it and announce a full national lockdown
    Think we will be seeing more restrictions sooner rather than later, but it's alright as I've created a limited company and employed all my family members so Christmas Dinner is now a business meeting 😀

Come on then...

It's a weak B!

The new restrictions are the most obvious deflection tactic yet. Classless gimp of a man.

This is great TV, fair play

Tune in lads to PM questions

Boris bingo -
    Vaccines - tick
    Roll out- tick
    Public want - tick
    Guidance- tick