+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

From what I can see the biggest opponent to Boris on this site is calling the opposition useless.

Labour are in a poor state.

Its a sad state of affairs when you see on this thread the desperation of some to still defend this utterly useless government who are treating the public with contempt.

The laughable its not normal times brought out again. Yep the govt with the health Secretary unable to keep his hands to himself while telling us all to self distance as 1 example.

Yeah not normal times it was so difficult not to party wasnt it.

The reality sadly is the Tories will continue backing this utter bufoon and loony right govt.

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Politicians and lying, wow there’s a new phenomenon. Any remember Tony Bliar? Even changed his name slightly to suit him better
    watch it, the " whataboutism police " will be onto you, you know the rules, you can not mention anything the other party has done in the past

Politicians and lying, wow there’s a new phenomenon. Any remember Tony Bliar? Even changed his name slightly to suit him better
    As I said, they've taken it to a whole new level.

Not sure why that's relevant when discussing the current government. Is your point Johnson should resign from office too?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    watch it, the " whataboutism police " will be onto you, you know the rules, you can not mention anything the other party has done in the past
    Blair gets no support on here by those who have left wing leanings, the opposite in fact. Like you tell the defenders that you coach, Don't dive in to the tackle, Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Johnson's lot have taken the lying and corruption to a whole new level.
    And it's not just because of the pandemic either.
    When you elect a Prime Minister who's been sacked twice for lying, don't expect anything different.
    WMD's. Iraq. Thousands dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    How do you not get this? Tony Blair was basically a tory as is Starmer.

The Iraq war was an absolute disaster.

The Labour and Conservative parties were both committed to approving the invasion, but a quarter of Labour MPs voted against the invasion. The Liberal Democrats, who had one in twelve of the MPs in parliament, also opposed the invasion.

So your Tory mates voted for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    How do you not get this? Tony Blair was basically a tory as is Starmer.
    So anyone who is a baddy is a Tory 🤣. Even when they are the most successful Labour PM in history 🤣.

My point is; there's corruption, this party is s big scandal but people thinking it's all anything new or unheard of are just wrong I'm afraid. It doesn't make it better but let's stop ignoring history

And guess what.

Breaking news, The Electoral Commission has just announced it's fined the Tory Party because it broke the rules over declaring the cash for the Downing Street flat.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The Iraq war was an absolute disaster.

The Labour and Conservative parties were both committed to approving the invasion, but a quarter of Labour MPs voted against the invasion. The Liberal Democrats, who had one in twelve of the MPs in parliament, also opposed the invasion.

So your Tory mates voted for it too.
    I was a member of the far-left respect patty at the time. Went on three matches against it.

I'm not pitting one party as being good and th other bad. I'm saying, this occurs in all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Blair gets no support on here by those who have left wing leanings, the opposite in fact. Like you tell the defenders that you coach, Don't dive in to the tackle, Matt!
    yes but you also know that if anyone mentions something the other party did , its called out as " whataboutism "

So the fact that Blair lied about WMDs makes it ok that we've got a pathological liar and a cabinet that also lies virtually every day?
    What Blair did was shit, but in terms of scale he's in the Vanarama League whilst Johnson's top of the Premier League.

yes but you also know that if anyone mentions something the other party did , its called out as " whataboutism "
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a leftie mate, but I absolutely despise starmer, and I'm seriously considering not voting labour in a general for the foreseeable future.

So anyone who is a baddy is a Tory 🤣. Even when they are the most successful Labour PM in history 🤣.

My point is; there's corruption, this party is s big scandal but people thinking it's all anything new or unheard of are just wrong I'm afraid. It doesn't make it better but let's stop ignoring history
    Jesus christ... they're a tory if they have tory policies. They're a tory if they're backed by Murdoch.

How do you not get this? We've had neoliberals running the country for 50 years Blair, starmer, thatcher, Cameron are all the same.

Poverty is sky rocketing, the young are continuing to get poorer, the rich are getting richer, the middle class is getting decimated, we have to work for longer, our nhs is getting sold to the Americans. Tell me what is getting better?

The elderly in this country have sold young people down the drain and you'll never be forgiven.

So anyone who is a baddy is a Tory ��. Even when they are the most successful Labour PM in history ��.

I wasn't referring to just this Christmas party debacle, but the whole shebang under Johnson.

No one says corruption is new, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Jesus christ... they're a tory if they have tory policies. They're a tory if they're backed by Murdoch.

How do you not get this? We've had neoliberals running the country for 50 years Blair, starmer, thatcher, Cameron are all the same.

Poverty is sky rocketing, the young are continuing to get poorer, the rich are getting richer, the middle class is getting decimated, we have to work for longer, our nhs is getting sold to the Americans. Tell me what is getting better?

The elderly in this country have sold young people down the drain and you'll never be forgiven.
    I don't 'get it' because the stuff you type simply isn't true.

Quite an attack on Johnson's personal qualities

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Quite an attack on Johnson's personal qualities

wow that's quite a character assassination. I can't recall any current PM getting such a roasting from someone in his own party before.

I’ve just been listening to the phone in on 5 Live and was struck by how the Johnson apologists ringing in (and there were a fair few) were resorting to things like it was all a leftist plot and besides the usual suspects in the media there was also the Dail Mail which now has a left wing editor . It does amuse me that Tories, with all of the financial, business and media advantages they enjoy (certainly in terms of the printed media) bleat on when the going gets tough for the party about how everything’s against them.

For me, that sort of reaction is to miss the point in this instance. It’s not the left or Labour they should be concerned about, it’s about the split in their party because it’s getting to the point where you have to be for one and against the other - on this matter, if you’re siding with Johnson, you’re going against the views of large numbers of important people in the Tory party.

Look at the bashing Johnson is getting from the likes of the Mail, Sun and Times and, incredibly, there's even been the odd bit of dissent from the Express and Telegraph. These papers have not all veered well to the left politically, their core values are still the same, but they see a PM who is either not representing them or not representing them well enough.

Those on here who usually toe the Conservative line have a decision to make on this matter because if they’re trying to defend the party and the leader, they’re getting themselves in a bit of a mess because they are two distinctly different things in this instance.

It is whataboutism though. What was said is this government are being more corrupt than most governments in recent memory (which includes tory and labour governments) and the response was WHAT ABOUT BLAIR.

It's why we can't have a sensible discussion because people support the party they voted for like football teams.

I was a member of the far-left respect patty at the time. Went on three matches against it.

I'm not pitting one party as being good and th other bad. I'm saying, this occurs in all parties.
    You have gone from being a far left respect supporter to being a tory !?

Feck me it's lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    From what I can see the biggest opponent to Boris on this site is calling the opposition useless.

Labour are in a poor state.

Its a sad state of affairs when you see on this thread the desperation of some to still defend this utterly useless government who are treating the public with contempt.

The laughable its not normal times brought out again. Yep the govt with the health Secretary unable to keep his hands to himself while telling us all to self distance as 1 example.

Yeah not normal times it was so difficult not to party wasnt it.

The reality sadly is the Tories will continue backing this utter bufoon and loony right govt.
    For the last 10 years we have had the most useless opposition party in my lifetime. With all the cronyism and nonsense over brexit it should have been an open goal but labour have been absolutely ****ing useless.

So do the posters who voted for Boris Johnson feel any annoyance with what he's done at all?

It gets to the point where I wonder what he'd have to do to get any criticism from his supporters on here.

With his history and voting record I find it difficult to understand how anyone could want to vote for him in the first place other than they really wanted to "get brexit done". But I can't believe he was making you lockdown and isolate while having a Christmas party and people still want to rush to his defence.

He's being a **** call him a ****. I voted for Blair and spent the whole of the Iraq war and since calling him a ****. There's nothing wrong with changing your mind, it's part of intelligent debate.

Because it is. Why do you think it isn't?

Why specifically would anyone bring up another political party during this? Other than point scoring?