+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

I have always resented those "silent" Tory voters who keep quiet about their affiliations and yet always cast their vote for them, but, having seen the stick Elwood has got for saying he's voted Conservative in the past, but would not vote for them under this Prime Minister makes me think that maybe they've got a point.

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So talking to people to try and sort things out is wrong but ignore them and the troubles continue is ok, like the fact or not Britain has terrorised Ireland for centuries but people like you only see things from one side. Are you of the opinion as well that Britain 100% = right and Arabs (or insert any race or country that we invade or browbeat) 100% = wrong?
    So its ok to bomb and assasinate people is it?

Your post assumes one hell of a lot from what I said. Much of it wrong ( surprise surprise)

I'm not against talk, there is a time to talk to people,as the good friday agreement showed.

I d

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wouldn’t it be lovely if we could stop all these sanctimonious posts about why you shouldn’t vote for a particular party? That goes for both right and left
    Edit : Agreed, don't get involved, you never learn haha

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    People like you are exactly why I didn't vote Labour in 2019. Not only do you gloss over anti semitism you condescend anyone who takes it seriously.

87% of British Jews considered him an anti semite. I think people should listen to them as opposed to far-left apologists for racists, don't you?

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-party/603259/
    How did or do you interpret accusations of Islamophobia within the Conservative Party the subsequent investigation which may have excluded asking the thoughts of Muslim party members and of course Boris Johnson’s previous comments about Muslim women looking like letter boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Question number one. How many kids do I have? https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...umber-25675443
    He’s gone from...

There was no party at Number 10.

I will hold an investigation to find out if there was a party at Number 10.

I’ve acted as a quiz maestro at Number 10, 2 days before the party.

No mixed messages there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He’s gone from...

There was no party at Number 10.

I will hold an investigation to find out if there was a party at Number 10.

I’ve acted as a quiz maestro at Number 10, 2 days before the party.

No mixed messages there then.
    Johnson is the most inept, useless, lazy, lying scumbag that has ever been PM.

The same day as he hosted the quiz at the party, he had refused to hold a Cobra meeting at the request of Starmer.

He always has been and always will be.

But the people around him are worse as they allow his behaviour and ineptness to continue because he offers them power.

It's sickening.

As for Starmer... He's too weak.

I'd never vote Labour while Starmer is in charge and I didn't while Corbyn was leader. The manifesto under Corbyn was brilliant and innovative... Sadly Corbyn was the wrong person to lead the party.

Surely everyone must be thinking Wales would be better off breaking off from Westminster?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Come on now this is the literal definition of a straw man argument.

Reverting back to my original post/theme, whilst BJ is causing the polls to swing away from the Tories, I seriously doubt it will be sustained. Starmer's now on the warpath about this Christmas 'quiz', calling it illegal etc. Considering millions of us were doing quizzes on Zoom at the time, he hasn't exactly hit the spot with this one.

It reminds me of the [2nd ?] Ali Frazier fight when Ali just let Frazier punch himself into exhaustion over 8 rounds, before coming back and putting him on the canvas. Starmer's thrown whatever he can at him and it hasn't brought him the knockdown he hoped for..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Reverting back to my original post/theme, whilst BJ is causing the polls to swing away from the Tories, I seriously doubt it will be sustained. Starmer's now on the warpath about this Christmas 'quiz', calling it illegal etc. Considering millions of us were doing quizzes on Zoom at the time, he hasn't exactly hit the spot with this one.

It reminds me of the [2nd ?] Ali Frazier fight when Ali just let Frazier punch himself into exhaustion over 8 rounds, before coming back and putting him on the canvas. Starmer's thrown whatever he can at him and it hasn't brought him the knockdown he hoped for..
    I think we are at a tipping point for Johnson, but probably not a tipping point for the Tories.

There is a fair chance that the Men In Grey Suits will arrive to tell Johnson his time is up. If that happens the Tory party will re-boot with a new leader and will probably recover a lot of the lost support from recent months. The problem for the Tories is that they are seriously lacking in talent in the Cabinet - Sunak from Truss from Gove is the current betting. The solution for the Tories is that they are up against a similarly talentless opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think we are at a tipping point for Johnson, but probably not a tipping point for the Tories.

There is a fair chance that the Men In Grey Suits will arrive to tell Johnson his time is up. If that happens the Tory party will re-boot with a new leader and will probably recover a lot of the lost support from recent months. The problem for the Tories is that they are seriously lacking in talent in the Cabinet - Sunak from Truss from Gove is the current betting. The solution for the Tories is that they are up against a similarly talentless opposition.
    Yep it’s all very predictable

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    People like you are exactly why I didn't vote Labour in 2019. Not only do you gloss over anti semitism you condescend anyone who takes it seriously.

87% of British Jews considered him an anti semite. I think people should listen to them as opposed to far-left apologists for racists, don't you?

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-party/603259/
    No and you've just confirmed everything I previously believe if it appears this shit show has been voted in by dopes like you. It's your sort which feeds my revulsion for the Tories

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

If the events of the last fortnight are some sort of master plan on Johnson’s part designed to weaken the other side, then I’m afraid it’s way too subtle for me - there was me thinking he’s making a right Horlicks of governing the country at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I’m surprised that the Tory hierarchy have allowed him to go on this long. Johnson’s usefulness finished the moment he rammed through Brexit although some of the Tory right wing loopers will be view him as botching that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Come on now this is the literal definition of a straw man argument.
    Actually, if you read back to my post that Splott Parker responded to,what he said to his reply is the straw man argument, because he has avoided discussing my point that I detested Corbyn because he had invited terrorists to tea at the House of Commons shortly after people connected to the Conservative Party had been killed and maimed at the Brighton bombing (which in fact was much to the disgust not only of the tories but his own party leader).

It was therefore intended to be criticising Corbyn for meeting terrorists so shortly after that atrocity and I was not ,as Splott Parker in his deluded fashion seems to think ,suggesting that talks should never take place with terrorists or that Britain is 100% right in what it does.

Perhap Splott Parker thinks there is nothing wrong with Corbyn meeting terrorists when he did. If that is his point of view, fine. I disagree with it but I respect his views. Instead he refuted points which I had not made and are indeed not my view to a large extent.

Ergo it was he who set up the "straw man".

I did say this in a much less long winded fashion in the post you replied to, but conveniently you only the part of it which suited you.

I seem to recall the orginal Croesy ( who was of course the polar opposite in his views to you) used to do the same sort of thing. Cut from the same cloth obviously

Go and tell Splott Parker he has set up a Straw Man.

I dare you

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If the events of the last fortnight are some sort of master plan on Johnson’s part designed to weaken the other side, then I’m afraid it’s way too subtle for me - there was me thinking he’s making a right Horlicks of governing the country at the moment.
    The fact that I see one poll gives Labour a 9 point lead tends to support your last sentence Bob

Ok then so what makes Corbyn so detestable but Johnson perfectly electable in your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Johnson is the most inept, useless, lazy, lying scumbag that has ever been PM.

The same day as he hosted the quiz at the party, he had refused to hold a Cobra meeting at the request of Starmer.

He always has been and always will be.

But the people around him are worse as they allow his behaviour and ineptness to continue because he offers them power.

It's sickening.

As for Starmer... He's too weak.

I'd never vote Labour while Starmer is in charge and I didn't while Corbyn was leader. The manifesto under Corbyn was brilliant and innovative... Sadly Corbyn was the wrong person to lead the party.

Surely everyone must be thinking Wales would be better off breaking off from Westminster?
    I read that manifesto and voted for JC too but it all fell apart with stuff mentioned already in this thread. In fact I’ve voted for 3 or 4 different parties in the last however many elections. The whole system is a shambles in my opinion so I don’t even know if I’ll bother to vote again. No point reading the manifesto as it’s all lies and they rarely follow through. Brexit another glaring example. Most people I know voted remain but it’s the silent majority that won. Same with Tories now although hobo is definitely getting thrown under the bus at the moment. Who’s next?

Your post assumes one hell of a lot from what I said. Much of it wrong ( surprise surprise)

I'm not against talk, there is a time to talk to people,as the good friday agreement showed.

I d
    What a ridiculous thing to say, of course it’s not ok but talking to and engaging all parties is the way to do things. The Good Friday Agreement was the way forward but sorting things out didn’t stop there, it has to be a continuous process. The time to talk things out is all the time, every avenue explored to prevent more atrocities on both sides of the coin. Adams & McGuiness, perhaps, put their necks on the line entering the English lion’s den, so to speak. Feelings were and still are raw in Ireland over the occupation and why not, the British have meted out some brutal treatment over the centuries. We’re not the goodies and they’re the baddies y’know, it’s not a cowboy film.

Actually, if you read back to my post that Splott Parker responded to,what he said to his reply is the straw man argument, because he has avoided discussing my point that I detested Corbyn because he had invited terrorists to tea at the House of Commons shortly after people connected to the Conservative Party had been killed and maimed at the Brighton bombing (which in fact was much to the disgust not only of the tories but his own party leader).

It was therefore intended to be criticising Corbyn for meeting terrorists so shortly after that atrocity and I was not ,as Splott Parker in his deluded fashion seems to think ,suggesting that talks should never take place with terrorists or that Britain is 100% right in what it does.

Perhap Splott Parker thinks there is nothing wrong with Corbyn meeting terrorists when he did. If that is his point of view, fine. I disagree with it but I respect his views. Instead he refuted points which I had not made and are indeed not my view to a large extent.

Ergo it was he who set up the "straw man".

I did say this in a much less long winded fashion in the post you replied to, but conveniently you only the part of it which suited you.

I seem to recall the orginal Croesy ( who was of course the polar opposite in his views to you) used to do the same sort of thing. Cut from the same cloth obviously

Go and tell Splott Parker he has set up a Straw Man.

I dare you
    Terrorists

A lot of people say they are moderate Tory voters

If that's the case what are they doing voting for Johnson and Patel ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A lot of people say they are moderate Tory voters

If that's the case what are they doing voting for Johnson and Patel ?
    Because they're Tories We know what needs to happen. Labour need to become even more right wing, The Red Top gets on board, Labour win with pretty similar policies as the Tories and we can all say Phew! atleast we got the Tories out

No.

You don't need to be from a military background to detest scum like that.

Why do you ask?
    Sorry Elwood I wasn't being facetious.

I asked because I know an awful lot of ex-military people have a knee jerk dislike for Corbyn and left leaning politics generally. Not all ex-military I hasten to add. It's also refreshing to meet others who think differently.

I genuinely respect your view though of course I disagree with your interpretation. However rather than railroading this thread any more than it already has so I wont develop my thought on the matter.

I genuinely wanted to find out why so many people have this weird view about Corbyn so I was intrigued to hear your views. As it happens, although we obviously have polarised political views, you are one of the more disciplined posters on here and I admire you for never resorting to name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because they're Tories We know what needs to happen. Labour need to become even more right wing, The Red Top gets on board, Labour win with pretty similar policies as the Tories and we can all say Phew! atleast we got the Tories out
    Absolutely spot on Tuerto

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Ok then so what makes Corbyn so detestable but Johnson perfectly electable in your eyes
    Ah changed your tack now then.

I have already given an exampleof what I ind detestable abput Corbyn.That's the one I remember clearly.There are many others buT I can't rmember the details preciselynow an I really can't be bothered to go searching back on the internet for them.

I don't find Boris "perfectly electable. As I pointed out when Sludge made a similar point about Prti Patel

"You vote for the party which unfortunately means you have to put up with some whose views you find unpalatable. That is the same with all parties in our system"

That "some"
    includes the leader in this case

You vote for the party which unfortunately means you have to put up with some whose views you find unpalatable. That is the same with all parties in our system

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    As wet and ineffective as Starmer is he's not a tory

And I would rather die than vote tory so it's starmer for me until us anyone but the Tories voters get a better alternative