+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    We all know working down the pits was a dangerous job. But closing them without creating other well paid jobs in the valleys was criminal. Still paying for it to this day.
    The deep pits had to close eventually, but as part of a managed change with support (retraining and alternative jobs) for the communities reliant on coal.

The 1984-5 strike was manufactured by Thatcher's government to destroy the NUM, not out of any concern for the health or wellbeing of miners and their families.

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

We all know working down the pits was a dangerous job. But closing them without creating other well paid jobs in the valleys was criminal. Still paying for it to this day.
    I don’t think you can fix it overnight but the area just needs to move on. Bit of money in the valleys and I reckon it would be a lovely place to live and work. I’m not sure what the employment stats are like for the region to be honest I guess quite a few young people just leave or go work around the area like many tradesman do?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wow , he said that ?

It's almost like you have made it up
    Why would he? I’ve heard it said loads of times by miners, don’t want my kids doing that shit…..like I said, dai who likes the gym and his fake tan and a bit of hanging out in the clubs with his tight t shirt on ain’t going down the mines for 10 hours a day. He’s selling windows somewhere nowadays

Wow , he said that ?

Its not like Tories tell lies, I’m shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why would he? I’ve heard it said loads of times by miners, don’t want my kids doing that shit…..like I said, dai who likes the gym and his fake tan and a bit of hanging out in the clubs with his tight t shirt on ain’t going down the mines for 10 hours a day. He’s selling windows somewhere nowadays
    In fairness, i've been pushing tonnes of shit up walls and on floors for the best part of 30 years with some terrible working conditions to add to that. It's not working down a pit, far from it, but it's hard, cold, windy on times and it's ****ed up my shoulders and my lower back as well as the tendons in my fingers. I can honestly say that i wouldn't want my kids doing it for a living, not ever, although if they got rid of my job and phased out plasterers i would be mortified. Basically, it's ok with me if other peoples kids do it

Why you always bracketing people, ffs? Grow the f uck up

I don’t want to be rude but isn’t saying the mines needed to close missing the whole point?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In fairness, i've been pushing tonnes of shit up walls and on floors for the best part of 30 years with some terrible working conditions to add to that. It's not working down a pit, far from it, but it's hard, cold, windy on times and it's ****ed up my shoulders and my lower back as well as the tendons in my fingers. I can honestly say that i wouldn't want my kids doing it for a living, not ever, although if they got rid of my job and phased out plasterers i would be mortified. Basically, it's ok with me if other peoples kids do it
    I know, I wasnt quite sure what I was doing when 18 so my old man arranged for me to do 6 months labouring in his factory, not only did I get absolute belters of abuse for being the bosses son (think they took revenge out on me��) it definitely put my head in my shoulders with regards to work and what direction to go on…..

No, Tony Blair didn’t either did he…the w anker he was

No, Tony Blair didn’t either did he…the w anker he was

Liar in chief to hold a press conference for England at 8 about moving to level 4.

At level 4 not only do the questions get harder, but there's also a karaoke round.

I just get a vibe that this tory has embellished this story too much

A proven liar though, you don’t know people on here to label them

I just get a vibe that this tory has embellished this story too much
    Here’s another, I’m not a Tory, I’ve voted for them once, think Cameron was the leader…I’ve voted for most parties so you can’t label me.
    I hate politics, it’s for w ankers, my mates who got involved turned into them too, most see the light and move on as nothing ever changes. They wouldn’t be in power now if we had any decent opposition. I’m not going to give much credence to your opinion, no kids, no job no mortgage….no doubt.

Wow , he said that ?

Yes he really did, he really was happy his son ( and many others ) wouldn't have to do the job he and his father had done

what part of it do you think is outrageous ? ? I'll entertain you

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yes he really did, he really was happy his son ( and many others ) wouldn't have to do the job he and his father had done

what part of it do you think is outrageous ? ? I'll entertain you
    I find it hard to believe you went up to the big pit , met an ex miner and he agreed with everything you agree with and even said it with force

The type of way you would say it

It's almost uncanny

Here’s another, I’m not a Tory, I’ve voted for them once, think Cameron was the leader…I’ve voted for most parties so you can’t label me.
    I hate politics, it’s for w ankers, my mates who got involved turned into them too, most see the light and move on as nothing ever changes. They wouldn’t be in power now if we had any decent opposition. I’m not going to give much credence to your opinion, no kids, no job no mortgage….no doubt.
    So only people who have kids are entitled to a political opinion ?

And you are wrong about the rest too

If you don't bother with politics and think they are all the same it's pointless you voting really .

So only people who have kids are entitled to a political opinion ?

And you are wrong about the rest too

If you don't bother with politics and think they are all the same it's pointless you voting really .
    Pointless for anyone it would appear and as you often say the Labour Party is dead anyway……even I voted for JC last time and they did worse than ever in history didn’t they? and as for kids they might sway your vote one way or another as opposed to having no dependents, that’s all I mean.

It certainly opened my mind about the mine closures, I was always told in school how Maggie destroyed communities in Wales and it was a pre-planned operation against the working classes, but speaking to this miner ( and he made is clear he wasn't alone in these thoughts ) the pit closure might have been the worse thing to happen
    I find it hard to believe you went up to the big pit , met an ex miner and he agreed with everything you agree with and even said it with force

The type of way you would say it

It's almost uncanny
    a few points,

the big pit is a fairly popular trip out, so thats not that unbelievable

The big pit employs ex-miners, most of the guides are ex-miners

it wasn't something I believed in, Ive highlighted ( Made bold ) in my post

Pointless for anyone it would appear and as you often say the Labour Party is dead anyway……even I voted for JC last time and they did worse than ever in history didn’t they? and as for kids they might sway your vote one way or another as opposed to having no dependents, that’s all I mean.
    Until those of us who don't vote tory have a realistic alternative then yep it's a waste of time I suppose

a few points,

An ex miner working at big pit….come on Matt that just cannot be true….

a few points,

I am not doubting you went there , I have been too but I find it hard to imagine a former miner lecturing you and your family on the pit closure programme

It seems very odd . And saying ....he made it very clear he wasn't the only miner who thought like this ......it seems a bit whimsical

its outrageous I admit, a ex-miner being a guide down on the pit face telling stories about working on the face and answering questions about working down the pit

on a serious note, its a cracking 1/2 day out

Oh I agree , it's what the ex miner allegedly said that I find a bit odd

Especially as he said it to a well known tory on here

Call me a cynic

Until those of us who don't vote tory have a realistic alternative then yep it's a waste of time I suppose
    Why did so many people vote for them then? In places that never have too up north……