+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    looks like its a personal thing, wait till the last one dies down, then go again

Not sure on the reason for people to be so smug about it though, as he will only be replaced by someone similar ( in fact might even look more professional , less Buffon like and push the party on ) Priti Patel anyone ? ? ??

Well there’s no need to bring an Italian goalkeeper into it!!!!

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The guardian has obtained a picture of Boris Johnson, his wife Carrie Johnson and up to 17 staff in the Downing Street garden with ‘wine and cheese’ during lockdown.

Downing Street insist everyone was “working” in the garden.

Pull the bloody other one. This party gate investigation will become a full time job.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...en-in-may-2020
    People need to remember what the world was like back on 15 May 2020. For myself, I'd just starting going on a second "exercise break" (in reality walking the dog) every day after two months of seeing no one at all on my very early in the morning single walk of the day. I was still having a volunteer doing my weekly shop and can remember being naughty and going on a five minute drive once a week just to get out of the house and turn the car's engine over for a while.

I got to learn that during the first lockdown in March through to early May. a friend of mine had been told by a police woman to make sure she kept his exercise period down to half an hour or less and around about the time that party took place, I can remember feeling decidedly awkward when my conversation with a single dog walker turned into a meeting of four when another two stopped and started chatting with us - after about five minutes, someone said we'd better break things up because someone will be along soon to tell us what we were doing was illegal. They were right as well, although the remark was made partly in jest, there was definitely a serious side to it.

Even if it was genuinely a works meeting (pull the other one!), there are plenty of people in that picture who are breaking social distancing rules - the photo really needs to be looked at in a context of what was expected from all of us at the time - that was why Cummings' jaunt to Durham, rightly, caused such outrage.

This very good article goes to the heart of why the pressure needs to be kept on regarding these parties/gatherings/works meetings.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...johnson-tories

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People need to remember what the world was like back on 15 May 2020. For myself, I'd just starting going on a second "exercise break" (in reality walking the dog) every day after two months of seeing no one at all on my very early in the morning single walk of the day. I was still having a volunteer doing my weekly shop and can remember being naughty and going on a five minute drive once a week just to get out of the house and turn the car's engine over for a while.

I got to learn that during the first lockdown in March through to early May. a friend of mine had been told by a police woman to make sure she kept his exercise period down to half an hour or less and around about the time that party took place, I can remember feeling decidedly awkward when my conversation with a single dog walker turned into a meeting of four when another two stopped and started chatting with us - after about five minutes, someone said we'd better break things up because someone will be along soon to tell us what we were doing was illegal. They were right as well, although the remark was made partly in jest, there was definitely a serious side to it.

Even if it was genuinely a works meeting (pull the other one!), there are plenty of people in that picture who are breaking social distancing rules - the photo really needs to be looked at in a context of what was expected from all of us at the time - that was why Cummings' jaunt to Durham, rightly, caused such outrage.

This very good article goes to the heart of why the pressure needs to be kept on regarding these parties/gatherings/works meetings.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...johnson-tories
    I will confess that my opinion of Boris Johnson has deteriorated in the last few months, mainly because he just can't seem to keep control of things.

But honestly, I couldnt give a shit about this story at all. It reminds me of the miserable unhappy kids at school snitching on people. It's outside, he's the Prime Minister, I really don't object to him meeting people outside whilst making some incredibly important decisions. I want him to be able to have a clear head. And yes, I wanted us all to as well.

I'm not saying it's a good look, because it isn't, I'm just saying, I don't care about it. I have friends who's businesses wouldnt be here without government support and we vaccinated 900,000 people yesterday. I'm more worried about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I will confess that my opinion of Boris Johnson has deteriorated in the last few months, mainly because he just can't seem to keep control of things.

But honestly, I couldnt give a shit about this story at all. It reminds me of the miserable unhappy kids at school snitching on people. It's outside, he's the Prime Minister, I really don't object to him meeting people outside whilst making some incredibly important decisions. I want him to be able to have a clear head. And yes, I wanted us all to as well.

I'm not saying it's a good look, because it isn't, I'm just saying, I don't care about it. I have friends who's businesses wouldnt be here without government support and we vaccinated 900,000 people yesterday. I'm more worried about that.
    No need to frame it as a confession, it's not your fault that you haven't been blessed with the ability to care about several things at once

Did you bother reading what I said about the decisions the rest of us were making while Johnson was deciding what wine to have with his cheese? I worked in the Civil Service on and off for thirty five years and attended way too many “working meetings” in that time and there wasn’t one I can recall which even vaguely resembled the one in that picture.

You use the excuse it was outside, social distancing applied equally whether you were outside or inside, you use the excuse he’s the Prime Minister thereby falling into the trap of admitting that you don’t think the rules apply to him when I’d say it should be seen that he thinks they apply to him at least as much as they apply to everyone else,

You’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the line about businesses being rescued and the 900,000 vaccines yesterday, but you get bonus points for use of “incredibly”, unfortunately though you forgot to mention he’s trying his best.

The last election was the last of the Brexit decider on who the British public think run the country them or the “establishment”

Uncomfortably close - Corbyn (unconvincing remainer) v May (Remainer in a leaver party)
    Landslide - Corbyn (unconvincing remainer) v Boris (leaver)

Job done, 5 years for good or bad, close the book.

Cummings through many dubious methods had his finger on the pulse of the country, so Boris didn’t have to be politically correct because the public don’t give a stuff about that, it’s a media thing. Cue Mrs Johnson thinking she is some sort of political guru, axes Cummings and Boris’s world slowly starts to crumble.

I don’t care about the parties, if there was a nuclear war, those lot would be in a bunker and we’d be incinerated, life has never been fair or equal. What is obvious is Boris is not what we need now, its what we wanted two years ago but he has to go. Sunak or Truss would be a return to business as usual and perhaps that’s Starmers best chance, although I still think there will be a Brexit trust issue for him to overcome

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No need to frame it as a confession, it's not your fault that you haven't been blessed with the ability to care about several things at once
    I care about a load of things. That photo is about 96th on the list today.

Did you bother reading what I said about the decisions the rest of us were making while Johnson was deciding what wine to have with his cheese? I worked in the Civil Service on and off for thirty five years and attended way too many “working meetings” in that time and there wasn’t one I can recall which even vaguely resembled the one in that picture.

You use the excuse it was outside, social distancing applied equally whether you were outside or inside, you use the excuse he’s the Prime Minister thereby falling into the trap of admitting that you don’t think the rules apply to him when I’d say it should be seen that he thinks they apply to him at least as much as they apply to everyone else,

You’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the line about businesses being rescued and the 900,000 vaccines yesterday, but you get bonus points for use of “incredibly”, unfortunately though you forgot to mention he’s trying his best.
    Of course I read it, I'm just saying, I cant say it bothers me. Prime Minister having meeting outside shocker. And with wine.

It just doesnt bother me, sorry.

These were people with millions of livlihoods in their hands, that just bothers me far more.

I acknowledge it's not a good look, but that doesn't mean I'm furious about a photo.

Of course I read it, I'm just saying, I cant say it bothers me. Prime Minister having meeting outside shocker. And with wine.

It just doesnt bother me, sorry.

These were people with millions of livlihoods in their hands, that just bothers me far more.

I acknowledge it's not a good look, but that doesn't mean I'm furious about a photo.
    It may not bother you, but surely you can understand that it looks like a piss take, and that's the minimum. The cretins are so far up their own arse that they even record it with photos. To me, it says that they don't give a shit or that they're above everyone else.

These people are highly privileged, there's no way that they're likely to carry out what masses have had to, it's not in their DNA. They've been programmed to think that they are better, more deserving and it shows, time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It may not bother you, but surely you can understand that it looks like a piss take, and that's the minimum. The cretins are so far up their own arse that they even record it with photos. To me, it says that they don't give a shit or that they're above everyone else.

These people are highly privileged, there's no way that they're likely to carry out what masses have had to, it's not in their DNA. They've been programmed to think that they are better, more deserving and it shows, time after time.
    Yeah, I totally get why others may be bothered, but many won't. Thats the way of things.

I have to get the train to work. Other people get chauffered around. I have to buy everything myself, others get expenses.

That building was one of the most important on earth in early 2020. The decisions made there (good and bad) affected us all. Frankly, I would rather know that an environment conducive to reasonable decision making was created.

Like I said, it just doesn't bother me that much. The other parties did far more. They were out and out abuses of the rules, I don't see that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

It bothers the nurses and doctors dealing with this virus , losing lives on the front line

Clap the NHS say the Tories.......whilst our lot do whatever we want

They should tell Boris the next time he gets the virus he's going to have to treat himself

Up yours Boris

Might explain a few things. Clueless tw@ts no idea what to do lets hit the wine.

Wonder whats next?

Yeah, I totally get why others may be bothered, but many won't. Thats the way of things.

I have to get the train to work. Other people get chauffered around. I have to buy everything myself, others get expenses.

That building was one of the most important on earth in early 2020. The decisions made there (good and bad) affected us all. Frankly, I would rather know that an environment conducive to reasonable decision making was created.

Like I said, it just doesn't bother me that much. The other parties did far more. They were out and out abuses of the rules, I don't see that here.
    Now you are digging a grave

Catching a train rather than getting a free lift is nothing compared to the leader of this country not following the rules put in place to save lives

It's not a choice or a few more quid out of your pocket , we are talking nurses in full ventilation gear , for 12 hour shifts dying whilst your mate has a fecking drinks party

What a twat

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Catching a train rather than getting a free lift is nothing compared to the leader of this country not following the rules put in place to save lives

It's not a choice or a few more quid out of your pocket , we are talking nurses in full ventilation gear , for 12 hour shifts dying whilst your mate has a fecking drinks party

What a twat
    Reasonable decision making taken with the consumption of alcohol ?

The police , health authorities , investment banks don't hold meetings of huge importance over bottles of wine , without social distancing ff sake 😀

We have a possible public order problem in London this weekend .......crack open the blue nun !

Can we have some examples of what you say in your last paragraph please? I can recall Vaughan Gething getting hammered for what he did (but that picture looks worse than what he did), Stephen Kinnock did something wrong as well I seem to remember. There was that doctor who was working for the Scottish Government, are you really saying that these were worse than what various Tories have done?

What a twat
    Did you really think that at the height of the crisis everyone at the very centre of government was sat at home on zoom? That they wouldnt use breakout space, etc?

Nurses and Prime Ministers are totally different jobs.

You think in any crisis, any leader is experiencing the exact same conditions as those on the front line?

It just doesn't happen like that. Like I said, I can see how it's a bad look, but it doesn't surprise nor particularly bother me, and does so less than the other parties staffers went to etc.

And it's the same for Vaughan Gethings chip gate or all the other relatively minor indiscretions.

Can we have some examples of what you say in your last paragraph please? I can recall Vaughan Gething getting hammered for what he did (but that picture looks worse than what he did), Stephen Kinnock did something wrong as well I seem to remember. There was that doctor who was working for the Scottish Government, are you really saying that these were worse than what various Tories have done?
    Parties as in the parties held in Whitehall etc..

Parties as in the parties held in Whitehall etc..
    Oh right, thought they were “gatherings” or work meetings?

Call em what you want. They were staff parties after work. Different to the photo in the guardian today.

Sorry, I'm just not going to spend my afternoon furious at a photo from last year.

just planning my project budget for the next year, how much does everyone else include for wine and cheeses for work meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    just planning my project budget for the next year, how much does everyone else include for wine and cheeses for work meetings?
    James ff sake don't do that deal with Samsung after 3 bottles of Australian White , you will lose us millions !

Call em what you want. They were staff parties after work. Different to the photo in the guardian today.

Sorry, I'm just not going to spend my afternoon furious at a photo from last year.
    I am confused here

Are people allowed to get drunk and make decisions ?

Or have you got a 2 glasses and stop rule ?

What is OK?

I mean I know its only taxpayers money but I think a bottle each for lunch if we are discussing PPE is OK?

Tally ho !

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0-garden-party

You think the photo in the guardian is OK?

Or not OK ?

This is confusing

So an important meeting about NHS funding ? .........get out the wine

The Queens Birthday ? ........absolutely not ......Best of order !

I am confused here

Are people allowed to get drunk and make decisions ?

Or have you got a 2 glasses and stop rule ?

What is OK?

I mean I know its only taxpayers money but I think a bottle each for lunch if we are discussing PPE is OK?

Tally ho !
    See, this is why I don't get overly exercised by things like that. Because all context is removed. You don't know what was being discussed, who was drinking the wine, how much they had (you can drive on a glass of wine) and people just use it to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

Photos don't always represent the reality of a situation and we all know that.

Enjoy your afternoon being furious.