+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fit to fly PCR test advice

Fit to fly PCR test advice

Dear font of all knowledge

My son (hopefully) will be travelling home from Canada for Xmas. He needs a PCR test taken maximum 72 hours before returning to Canada.

Anyone have experience of where to get, how long it takes etc?

Would a day 2 PCR test taken at home suffice do you think?

Cheers

Re: Fit to fly PCR test advice

Here https://gov.wales/travel-wales-covid...-and-isolation

As long as the PCR test taken at home is from a legitimate provider I think it should be fine

I'd also check with the airline he's flying with as they'll need some from of official certification based on Canadian rules at the time. You can also get them done at the airport https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../covid-19-test

My son is hopefully arriving back from Oz on Tuesday and has booked a test on arrival. Costs more but means less isolation waiting for a result.

Just booked my PCR test for flying back to uganda. Booked online with boots and have made an appointment for 11.40 on 21st. I fly out 1pm on the 22nd.

It’s all a mess

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s all a mess
    Helpful

My poor mother has just cancelled her holiday to Tenerife,

was going to fly out this Thursday. for someone who is not great with technology / apps and online forms.

she found the combination of booking tests, completing passenger locator forms, getting online covid passports very stressful.

the addition of this new measure was the final nail in the coffin, and she was too anxious to fly.

Thanks all
    Finally booked a Day 2 test and a Fit to Fly test with Randox, £43 + £48!. Drop them into the box at J33 service station, results 24 hours later. Open Xmas day and Boxing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Thanks all
    Finally booked a Day 2 test and a Fit to Fly test with Randox, £43 + £48!. Drop them into the box at J33 service station, results 24 hours later. Open Xmas day and Boxing day.
    Have a great Christmas! I haven't seen my son in 2 years and so looking forward to next week and then we're down for the Derby game.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    My poor mother has just cancelled her holiday to Tenerife,

was going to fly out this Thursday. for someone who is not great with technology / apps and online forms.

she found the combination of booking tests, completing passenger locator forms, getting online covid passports very stressful.

the addition of this new measure was the final nail in the coffin, and she was too anxious to fly.
    Ive spent 7 hours getting Covid passports for 2 elderly clients of my wife's , they are 95 and 96 and really have zero clues about stuff like this

first they had no phones, so I tried to do it online and print them out, then cruiseline said they needed it on a phone, so she went to Tesco's and got some crappy phone that the sales guy said would be fine with the app

I then installed the app and did all of that for them both, set up individual e.mail accounts, scanned them and away I went

returned for a 3rd trip, the security checks were done, I could DL them to the phone and send to a e.mail to print out
    the phone didn't have the option my iPhone does ( add to wallet ) so I had to just download and put them in the favourite files folder

7 hours of my time gone, the guy did offer me a 10'er for helping them its a bit of Karma in the bank

now got to order them the PCR tests for day 2

they are diamond plus cruise club members, you might have thought Royal Caribbean might have had someone to do all of this for them ( for a fee )

Ask him if he can get BinaxNow there to bring over.
    I brought it the other week and used it to return to the US.
    It's a test monitored by an agent over a video call.

If they do have it, tell him to download the relevant app before traveling as I couldn't get it in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Ask him if he can get BinaxNow there to bring over.
    I brought it the other week and used it to return to the US.
    It's a test monitored by an agent over a video call.

If they do have it, tell him to download the relevant app before traveling as I couldn't get it in the UK.
    Isn't this an AntiGen test and not a PCR test? Don't know the difference but the UK and Canadian governments both ask for a PCR test..?

Isn't this an AntiGen test and not a PCR test? Don't know the difference but the UK and Canadian governments both ask for a PCR test..?
    Yep antigen=lateral flow. You need PCR. I used Randox, they were fine. Don't use Chronomics, they are useless.

If he is flying with an airline that uses Verifly, I'd recommend that. BA for example do.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive spent 7 hours getting Covid passports for 2 elderly clients of my wife's , they are 95 and 96 and really have zero clues about stuff like this

first they had no phones, so I tried to do it online and print them out, then cruiseline said they needed it on a phone, so she went to Tesco's and got some crappy phone that the sales guy said would be fine with the app

I then installed the app and did all of that for them both, set up individual e.mail accounts, scanned them and away I went

returned for a 3rd trip, the security checks were done, I could DL them to the phone and send to a e.mail to print out
    the phone didn't have the option my iPhone does ( add to wallet ) so I had to just download and put them in the favourite files folder

7 hours of my time gone, the guy did offer me a 10'er for helping them its a bit of Karma in the bank

they are diamond plus cruise club members, you might have thought Royal Caribbean might have had someone to do all of this for them ( for a fee )
    Good effort, fair play to you

I’ve had 3 through ExpressTest at CCS in the 8 or 9 months, last time in July. They were efficient, cost effective & had the results within 24 hours
    https://www.expresstest.co.uk/book-a...drive-through/

Just in case he has to change for any reason:

These are near the Red Dragon Center in Cardiff Bay: https://dam-health.com/

These are at Asda by Stadium: https://www.traveltesting.eurofins.co.uk/test-to-depart

There's also 3 hours options at Heathrow Airport: https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../covid-19-test

Thanks all once again

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post
    Just in case he has to change for any reason:

These are near the Red Dragon Center in Cardiff Bay: https://dam-health.com/

These are at Asda by Stadium: https://www.traveltesting.eurofins.co.uk/test-to-depart

There's also 3 hours options at Heathrow Airport: https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../covid-19-test
    Do you know if the fit to fly test is acceptable for a day 2 test? Can see 2 slots at Asda but it just says it gives you the right certificate to fly and nothing about day 2 confirmation of a negative test

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Fair play.

Although I doubt some admin type would be happy doing that lot for a tenner

Im surprised flights haven’t been cancelled. Flying to Poland with Ryanair on the 27th and would have assumed if they were going to cancel it would have already been done by now

Im surprised flights haven’t been cancelled. Flying to Poland with Ryanair on the 27th and would have assumed if they were going to cancel it would have already been done by now
    If they cancel then they need to give a refund. If they fly with no one on board, no refund needed.....

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Do you know if the fit to fly test is acceptable for a day 2 test? Can see 2 slots at Asda but it just says it gives you the right certificate to fly and nothing about day 2 confirmation of a negative test
    I don't sorry. Haven't used any of these myself. Was trying to find them for family to travel. I believe the one at Red Dragon offers a range of different tests, though.

If they cancel then they need to give a refund. If they fly with no one on board, no refund needed.....
    Surely it costs them more to fly than refund

Surely it costs them more to fly than refund
    You'd hope not, else they'd be making a loss every time they flew!

Are there any sites where I can just turn up for a day 2 arrival test SE Wales? I'm not sure I'm even flying yet and I may not receive the postal one in time by the time I know if I am flying? Ideally want to avoid testing at the airport as the costs are extortionate. I'll be arriving in Wales by train or bus