+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guido Burgstaller

Guido Burgstaller

I know he has been discussed previously but I thought it was worth pointing out the kind of form he's in for FC St Pauli. Last season he netted 11 goals from 22 starts, this season he's on 11 after just 14 starts. I've watched some of their games and he looks very good indeed. Bundesliga 2 compares pretty well to the championship in my opinion. There are some massive teams in there like Schalke and SV Hamburg, but no-one gets an easy ride.

Shame we were in a state of chaos when he was with us he may have made a significant contribution, he'd do a fantastic job now.

To quote Jim Bowen as he brought out a handful of tenners from his Farah slacks, 'look what you could have won'.

Re: Guido Burgstaller

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I know he has been discussed previously but I thought it was worth pointing out the kind of form he's in for FC St Pauli. Last season he netted 11 goals from 22 starts, this season he's on 11 after just 14 starts. I've watched some of their games and he looks very good indeed. Bundesliga 2 compares pretty well to the championship in my opinion. There are some massive teams in there like Schalke and SV Hamburg, but no-one gets an easy ride.

Shame we were in a state of chaos when he was with us he may have made a significant contribution, he'd do a fantastic job now.

To quote Jim Bowen as he brought out a handful of tenners from his Farah slacks, 'look what you could have won'.
    Get on the phone

One glaring mistake, watched a few old Bulleyes the other night for a laugh. Contestants barely reached £20

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One glaring mistake, watched a few old Bulleyes the other night for a laugh. Contestants barely reached £20
    Aye true. The back pocket of your Farrah's weren't too generous.
    I'm guessing you were watching the serial killer Bully?

Nice chap him

Aye true. The back pocket of your Farrah's weren't too generous.
    I'm guessing you were watching the serial killer Bully?

Nice chap him
    Nah, not the one with him in. We were flicking through the channels and it was on. It was comedy gold, no Tony, Jim was doing the lot, so it must have been really early editions. When they were doing the ‘Stay out of the black and into the red, nothing in this game for two in a bed’ round he was ripping the piss out of them for going into the black. The money was abysmal, “Your £15 is safe”. Then a real turn up for the books in one show, the celebrity dart player was Tony Green, complete with Kevin Keegan curly perm. He must have made some impression because he eventually got roped in. Try and watch a few, you won’t be disappointed, it was super, smashing, great

Nah, not the one with him in. We were flicking through the channels and it was on. It was comedy gold, no Tony, Jim was doing the lot, so it must have been really early editions. When they were doing the ‘Stay out of the black and into the red, nothing in this game for two in a bed’ round he was ripping the piss out of them for going into the black. The money was abysmal, “Your £15 is safe”. Then a real turn up for the books in one show, the celebrity dart player was Tony Green, complete with Kevin Keegan curly perm. He must have made some impression because he eventually got roped in. Try and watch a few, you won’t be disappointed, it was super, smashing, great
    Sounds flipping great. 10 days off over Christmas and I'll be all over that.

Fair play to Jim, clearly didn't take himself too seriously. He was a nice addition to Phoenix Nights that time

Sounds flipping great. 10 days off over Christmas and I'll be all over that.

Fair play to Jim, clearly didn't take himself too seriously. He was a nice addition to Phoenix Nights that time
    Sunshine indoors

Jim even called the women 'Son' on Bullseye.

One slight problem with all this - he played for us a number of times and looked out of his depth/useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    One slight problem with all this - he played for us a number of times and looked out of his depth/useless.
    One appearance as sub and one in the league cup against Coventry, where he scored.

I've heard the term 'a number of times' used before but never that inaccurately.

My old dear has had thus on a few times in recent months.

One appearance as sub and one in the league cup against Coventry, where he scored.

I've heard the term 'a number of times' used before but never that inaccurately.
    No goals 1 yellow card.

I think the dml mask slips now and again, too focused on defending the club at all costs to do a little background work before comment in..rushes in like a bull in a China shop.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No goals 1 yellow card.

I think the dml mask slips now and again, too focused on defending the club at all costs to do a little background work before comment in..rushes in like a bull in a China shop.
    Heck I've got no idea but neither does he that's for sure. Just one of many argumentative people out there.

The truth is out there

.... somewhere

Last season he netted 11 goals from 22 starts, this season he's on 11 after just 14 starts.
    In fact, Burgstaller's stats this season are even better than that. He's scored 14 goals in 16 Bundesliga 2 starts and also netted two in two cup matches, so it's a total of 16 goals in 18 starts. St Pauli are currently six points clear at the top of the table, so I think it's fair to say he's having a good season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Burgstaller's Cardiff City career details:

20 minutes as a sub in a 1-1 draw at Blackburn.
    66 minutes of a 2-1 win at Coventry in the League Cup (he scored the opening goal).
    55 minutes of a 3-1 victory over Huddersfield at the CCS.
    34 minutes of a 1-0 defeat at Wolves (the winner was an own goal by Mark Hudson in the 90th minute).
    17 minutes of a 3-2 victory at Port Vale in the League Cup.

A total of 192 minutes.

This player who was allegedly 'out of his depth' in the Championship was an Austrian international when he joined Cardiff City. After leaving South Wales, he's played and scored plenty of goals in the Bundesliga, the Champions League and the Europa League, as well as World Cup qualifiers, European Championship qualifiers and Nations League games for his country.

Not bad a for 'useless' player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

66 minutes of a 2-1 win at Coventry in the League Cup (he scored the opening goal).
    34 minutes of a 1-0 defeat at Wolves (the winner was an own goal by Mark Hudson in the 90th minute).

A total of 192 minutes.

This player who was allegedly 'out of his depth' in the Championship was an Austrian international when he joined Cardiff City. After leaving South Wales, he's played and scored plenty of goals in the Bundesliga, the Champions League and the Europa League, as well as World Cup qualifiers, European Championship qualifiers and Nations League games for his country.

Seems strange that a ayer that's scored goals in Europe is in the second tier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

A total of 192 minutes.

Well there you go, what a loser.
    Beck is going to have to write a new song 🤣

I wonder how much he was on. For all those that hail Russell Slade for "steadying the ship" and therefore saving Cardiff City Football Club from a fiery demise, I'd imagine getting rid of him was instrumental in that. Another genius business move from Tan.