+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: On the phone to my daughter.."Zenit are giving Chelsea a good game"

On the phone to my daughter.."Zenit are giving Chelsea a good game"

Got the game on, running a bath, trying to select a takeaway etc. Phone goes, facetime off my daughter.

"Chelsea have made 5 changes, Chilwell is missing he's a real good player got an ACL" goes quiet video pauses (usually when on another app) "they've got a different keeper in this game too"

And this is this teenager that I cannot get to go to the CCS, txts me on weekends "cardiff losing again?" Urs her way of winding me up.

Some kids will just follow their parents down week in week out and not moan if they don't like it or they're bored etc, I'm glad mine spoke up as she should, but how many kids have we lost down there over the last few years? Kids that would go with parents then maybe encourage their mates to go with them (more young fans) as they get older.

The shite football has really set the club back

Re: On the phone to my daughter.."Zenit are giving Chelsea a good game"

Spot on , we won a generation over in the premier league days . We have happily lost it with shocking football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Spot on , we won a generation over in the premier league days . We have happily lost it with shocking football.
    I've been thinking about asking her to come to games, since we got a new manager, but I keep putting it off, don't think I can handle the rejection nearly asked her at the weekend then had that txt and didn't want to ask again

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've been thinking about asking her to come to games, since we got a new manager, but I keep putting it off, don't think I can handle the rejection nearly asked her at the weekend then had that txt and didn't want to ask again
    Its got to be roundabout question then ...

Its got to be roundabout question then ...
    Probably looking at Blackburn or Forest now. Other games too soon, and I ain't taking her to an empty stadium to watch the cup game..

You owe it to her to bring her back. It's character building. She needs to learn that supporting a losing team is OK. And that supporting a winning team just because they're famous is not.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You owe it to her to bring her back. It's character building. She needs to learn that supporting a losing team is OK. And that supporting a winning team just because they're famous is not.
    Didn't mention winning or losing

Definitely, not just kids either.

Hopefully some improvement will get her and others back.

I suppose for me it's the day, I go with my dad and its a chance for me to spend time with him, maybe have a drink and possibly some food somewhere as well and then hopefully see a decent performance and something to cheer.

This season has been difficult for the latter and over the last few even the excitement has been at a premium.

As a teenager she may not appreciate that wider picture though and of course to many whatever our style of play it's never ever going to be as entertaining as Chelsea and co.

My son was 12 when we moved abroad .. so had quite a few years of watching city live, before any of our promotions. Luckily he's stuck with us and he's, at 23, just come back to start a job with the BBC and will be a regular again at city.

My daughter is 14 and wasn't even two when we left the country and is a massive city fan. My other daughter, 18, couldn't care less about supporting football.. although she is an excellent player.

Although I am worried both are gonna go off watching city with so many competing and compelling other activities available... Made more interesting by city being completely dogshite.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Definitely, not just kids either.

Hopefully some improvement will get her and others back.

I suppose for me it's the day, I go with my dad and its a chance for me to spend time with him, maybe have a drink and possibly some food somewhere as well and then hopefully see a decent performance and something to cheer.

This season has been difficult for the latter and over the last few even the excitement has been at a premium.

As a teenager she may not appreciate that wider picture though and of course to many whatever our style of play it's never ever going to be as entertaining as Chelsea and co.
    She enjoyed the day out aspect of it, didn't mind popping in the Canton now and again before games to see people we know and we'd sometimes leave earlier to get food in Cardiff and do other stuff she liked, it was just the kicking the ball 60 yards and watching it come back.
    She didn't mind losing either, games against arsenal and Burnley etc were really entertaining even though we lost. But when the fun stops, stop.

It's good that you still make a day out of it with your old man, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    My son was 12 when we moved abroad .. so had quite a few years of watching city live, before any of our promotions. Luckily he's stuck with us and he's, at 23, just come back to start a job with the BBC and will be a regular again at city.

My daughter is 14 and wasn't even two when we left the country and is a massive city fan. My other daughter, 18, couldn't care less about supporting football.. although she is an excellent player.

Although I am worried both are gonna go off watching city with so many competing and compelling other activities available... Made more interesting by city being completely dogshite.
    Mine looks out for our results, and I think deep down she always will, she likes to wind me up asking the score when she knows we are losing bit that's just being a cheeky teenager and her way of having banter with me.

It's good that your son has reconnected, I am hoping mine will come back down in the new year.

when I have taken my daughters to games in recent years , I always think when we do start to play good football they will appreciate it , if you dont have the bad time, how do you know you are having good times

when I bring up a few of my Girls team, thats just as punishment for them for something or other

Didn't mention winning or losing
    What about the texts about "Cardiff losing again"? Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What about the texts about "Cardiff losing again"? Does that count?
    Sje does that to wind me up, used to be a really soft kid, so I encouraged her to have a bit of banter and enjoy herself, so she does, she winds me up about cardiff because she knows I love them.

She didn't care if we won or lost when we were going down and she was enjoying it.

I'd better be careful how I respond these days, as some people think I wake up looking for arguments