+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Drakeford has privately called for a full Christmas lockdown

Re: Mark Drakeford has privately called for a full Christmas lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    FFS Sludge these arent normal times give Boris a break. And dont forget Jeremy Corbyn , Diane Abbott etc etc.
    Sorry, things would be a lot worse with Jeremy and Diane in charge. Boris is doing his best.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59596079

A Welsh government spokesman refused to be drawn on the report, saying the administration does not "comment on leaked reports from confidential discussions".
    As you were then, so to speak

FFS Sludge these arent normal times give Boris a break. And dont forget Jeremy Corbyn , Diane Abbott etc etc.
    Its easy to sit here criticising, maybe they could and should do better they are experienced in their roles etc, but it's far easier to set there criticising with no idea of how and why decisions are made and judge them based on your own political beliefs..

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Boris is doing his best.
    How? By shaking Covid patients hands? Not wearing a mask in an active hospital? Breaking his own government’s lockdown rules repeatedly?

Forget running a country, this is basic stuff he’s asking his citizens to follow and he is putting in minimal effort. Now taking all this into account, imagine how much effort he’s bothered to put into trying his best. I’ll start the ball rolling with him skipping multiple COBRA meetings at the start of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Sorry, things would be a lot worse with Jeremy and Diane in charge. Boris is doing his best.
    Whoever came up with this little gem is a ****ing genius. They've got everyone so afraid of a hypothetical situation from the past that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. Boris is doing his best? Boris doesn't give a ****. He doesn't even have a politcal agenda. He's just in it for the ride. And the money.

I knocked on his door this evening in Pontcanton and sang ' mask the herald angels sing ' he reminded me there's 12 days to lockdown

But isn't that how we have tory rule in Westminster - based on nothing but soundbites and bluster? Politics is Bull shit these days and noone is held to account for anything they do in power

I love it when they say Boris is doing his best. It’s the kind of thing you’d say about a 6 year old in school. Mmmmm perhaps that sums him up.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I love it when they say Boris is doing his best. It’s the kind of thing you’d say about a 6 year old in school. Mmmmm perhaps that sums him up.
    It suggests other Governments did not do their best - doing their best should be the very least you expect from those charged with running the country.

I see the No. 10 Director of Communications is now reported as being at the "gathering" which was not a party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59601447

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59603553

Deny what?? Some known loons blog?? ������
    It's not just 'some loons blog'. There's a Westmister 'bubble' and also a Cardiff Bay bubble. Scores of people will have knowledge of what's being discussed. I can tell you - 2nd or 3rd - hand, that the Welsh Government is planning to introduce the Covid Pass year round, to include flu. They would like it to be a permanent feature of Welsh life. Been told there's virtually no opposition to this from Labour & Plaid Cymru. I often chat with a Dad who's son played football with my son and he has a relatively senior position [non-political] in the Senedd. I wouldn't be dismissing this just yet..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So that Guido Fawkes tweet was a load of bollocks then? I'm genuinely amazed.....

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Incredible how easy it is to do it as well. A short story with no substance from a right wing blog and people are taking it as gospel
    There’s a lot of idiots out there.

And on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So that Guido Fawkes tweet was a load of bollocks then? I'm genuinely amazed.....
    Believe me, whether Cardiff of Westminster, they're pissing themselves laughing at just how much they can get the public to comply with. Finish your starter, put on your nappy. Start your main , take off your nappy. finish your main, put back your nappy, have a sip of a drink, take off your nappy.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Believe me, whether Cardiff of Westminster, they're pissing themselves laughing at just how much they can get the public to comply with. Finish your starter, put on your nappy. Start your main , take off your nappy. finish your main, put back your nappy, have a sip of a drink, take off your nappy.
    I prefer to take the positive interpretation and credit the majority of people for having the intelligence to recognise that, in the current pandemic, something like a Covid pass is an acceptable imposition on our “freedom” as a temporary measure. If and when the pandemic ends, then I’d like to think that same people who accepted the Covid pass would not feel the same way about bringing in something similar for anything that is not considered to be a pandemic.

I'm prepared to do that, and with gusto, if it can help save some poor sod's life. Remember, one man's Liberty is another man's Tyranny 👍

It's not just 'some loons blog'. There's a Westmister 'bubble' and also a Cardiff Bay bubble. Scores of people will have knowledge of what's being discussed. I can tell you - 2nd or 3rd - hand, that the Welsh Government is planning to introduce the Covid Pass year round, to include flu. They would like it to be a permanent feature of Welsh life. Been told there's virtually no opposition to this from Labour & Plaid Cymru. I often chat with a Dad who's son played football with my son and he has a relatively senior position [non-political] in the Senedd. I wouldn't be dismissing this just yet..
    This the same Plaid Cymru as the one that voted against COVID passes?

I don't agree with the lust for restrictions and lockdowns due to the new variant. Most of the decent reports seem to suggest that the vaccines still provide a good level of protection.

As for the idea that masks are about control, will never be able to get my mind around what makes people think like that.

In terms of getting worried about a greater focus on flu in future years. Why the issue around some basic precautions. Instead of getting annoyed about the odd mask , I'd rather stigmatise the grotty f*ckers who go into crowded places or public transport sneezing and coughing their guts up over everyone. Obviously we can't have lockdowns for flu, thats ridiculous. But what's wrong with asking people to stay in for 3 or 4 days when they're infectious, then wear a mask for a few days after when out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I prefer to take the positive interpretation and credit the majority of people for having the intelligence to recognise that, in the current pandemic, something like a Covid pass is an acceptable imposition on our “freedom” as a temporary measure. If and when the pandemic ends, then I’d like to think that same people who accepted the Covid pass would not feel the same way about bringing in something similar for anything that is not considered to be a pandemic.
    "if and when the pandemic ends.." Technically it will never end, and then there will be the 'flu pandemic. We'll see..

Donald Trump speaks

"if and when the pandemic ends.." Technically it will never end, and then there will be the 'flu pandemic. We'll see..
    Life sucks, tell us about it!

Have the tory boys in this thread stopped creaming themselves over a made up story by a discredited right wing grifter yet?

Or are they still doffing their cap and tugging their forelock to Staines and the Eton Mess he and they sychophantically support?

Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Have the tory boys in this thread stopped creaming themselves over a made up story by a discredited right wing grifter yet?

Or are they still doffing their cap and tugging their forelock to Staines and the Eton Mess he and they sychophantically support?

Bless.
    Never forgive those nasty tories for shutting the mines I was never down.

First Minister Mark Drakeford has said that Wales will remain at Alert Level 0 following Thursday's (December 9) review but will urge the Welsh public to do the following:

Flow before they go. This means taking a lateral flow test before going out – whether that’s to a Christmas party, Christmas shopping, visiting friends or family, going to any crowded or busy place or before travelling.

If the test is positive, don’t go out. Arrange for a PCR test and self-isolate.

People to wear face coverings in pubs and restaurants, when they aren’t eating or drinking. Everyone must wear face coverings in most other indoor public places, in accordance with the law, including in cinemas and theatres.
    Mr Drakeford will address Wales at the 21-day review press conference later today – Friday December 10 – when he will discuss the measures he wants the public to take to help keep each other safe. He is expected to urge everyone who is eligible to get their booster vaccine when they are contacted.

READ MORE: All eligible adults i