Re: jussie smollett

Sounds a right piece of work

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    only in america ,demand for racism outstrips supply
    Low life scumbag.
    Hope he does a good bit of time..

Its a ridiculous story. Bloke is an utter piece of shit. A bit of a lesson for those desperate to find racism everywhere too.

Guy is a utter **** but we can’t let one person set a precedent and be used to tar everyone.

Same with any very sensitive subject

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Its a ridiculous story. Bloke is an utter piece of shit. A bit of a lesson for those desperate to find racism everywhere too.
    He's an absolute dick but I don't agree that this a lesson for those "desperate to find racism" - if someone goes to the police and says that he was tied up, racially abused and had chemicals chucked at him and had a noose tied round his neck you'd probably be within your rights to find racism in it.

That lad the other day who a lot of us (I certainly did) thought was doing monkey gestures at the football but turned out wasn't, that was a bit of a lesson though, I'll admit.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    He's an absolute scumbag but I don't agree that this a lesson for those "desperate to find racism" - if someone goes to the police and says that he was tied up, racially abused and had chemicals chucked at him and had a noose tied round his neck you'd probably be within your rights to find racism in it.

That lad the other day who a lot of us (I certainly did) thought was doing monkey gestures at the football but turned out wasn't, that was a bit of a lesson though, I'll admit.

Absolute dick imo.

Absolute scumbag too.

His plan seems to have backfired a little bit 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    His plan seems to have backfired a little bit ��
    I had never heard of him. Now he is more (in)famous than in his wildest dreams.

They do say there is no such thing as bad publicity - but that is also a load of bollux.

He has delivered a disservice for gay and black people , all done in the name of fame and money, pretty poor .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He's an absolute dick but I don't agree that this a lesson for those "desperate to find racism" - if someone goes to the police and says that he was tied up, racially abused and had chemicals chucked at him and had a noose tied round his neck you'd probably be within your rights to find racism in it.

What was the lad at the game doing?
    I read a bit about monkey gestures but not seen anything else about it?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He was shouting "fat tits" or something, wasn't doing the monkey gestures a second video cleared it up

It looked like he was doing monkey gestures but then they released a video from right next to him that showed he was doing fat tits.

Now there's a sentence

It looked like he was doing monkey gestures but then they released a video from right next to him that showed he was doing fat tits.

Now there's a sentence
    Fat tits

Fat tits
    Don't, last time this came up it turned into a 5 pager about whether calling someone fat tits was a hate crime

Surprisingly, this sort of thing (false claims of racism amongst richer/better off people) is far more common than you'd think, particularly in the US. Okay, I don't have any doubts that the REAL incidents of racism outnumber the false ones probably by thousands, but still, it's a bit strange. Why do people do it? Attention-seeking? Wanting to appear to be a victim? Publicity?

Don't, last time this came up it turned into a 5 pager about whether calling someone fat tits was a hate crime

A five pager about fat tits is sometimes what this board needs, in fact any tits will do, even Blue on times

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Surprisingly, this sort of thing (false claims of racism amongst richer/better off people) is far more common than you'd think, particularly in the US. Okay, I don't have any doubts that the REAL incidents of racism outnumber the false ones probably by thousands, but still, it's a bit strange. Why do people do it? Attention-seeking? Wanting to appear to be a victim? Publicity?
    Why ?? Guess it's for money , fame, or political reasons .

I feel sorry for him more than anything else. He's an incompetent fool and he's made a twat of himself. It's not like any false arrests were made of men in MAGA hats. (which could well have happened if he was white) He's an out-of-work actor, who tried to attract attention to himself by some incredibly bad acting. It was obvious from the start he was lying. He still had the noose he said his attackers put on him around his neck when the cops showed up to his apartment. EPIC fail.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I feel sorry for him more than anything else. He's an incompetent fool and he's made a twat of himself. It's not like any false arrests were made of men in MAGA hats. (which could well have happened if he was white) He's an out-of-work actor, who tried to attract attention to himself by some incredibly bad acting. It was obvious from the start he was lying. He still had the noose he said his attackers put on him around his neck when the cops showed up to his apartment. EPIC fail.
    perhaps you missed the point that when people are trying create as much racial division as possible he was pouring bleach on a chip pan fire

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    perhaps you missed the point that when people are trying create as much racial division as possible he was pouring bleach on a chip pan fire
    He wasn't trying to create racial division. There was no backlash against white people. No black people suddenly became aware of racism. He was attempting to use the fact that racial division exists to further his own (completely unrelated) ends. He was going for his 15 minutes and some sympathy. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He wasn't trying to create racial division. There was no backlash against white people. No black people suddenly became aware of racism. He was attempting to use the fact that racial division exists to further his own (completely unrelated) ends. He was going for his 15 minutes and some sympathy. Nothing more.
    again you missed the point , he was aware of the racial agenda and played on it, if he had been believed the divisions would have been wider