+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: F1 showdown

F1 showdown

Big Weekend!

One race to go. Both equal on points!
    Max ahead on race wins if they both fail to score points. (as if)

Who's your money on?

Re: F1 showdown

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Big Weekend!

Who's your money on?
    Brum 1 Cardiff 2

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Brum 1 Cardiff 2
    More than happy with that

Now that it's watchable to the masses on Ch4, and not just SKY, I'm more interested in it and am looking forward to watching it.
    Not really a fan of either driver, but it should make for good drama.

Big Weekend!

Who's your money on?
    I've got an 8 year old who has become more nuts about F1 than the City. He thinks Verstappen will win.

Big Weekend!

Who's your money on?
    My money's on Hamilton and I want him to win. I've never understood why a lot of people, especially British people, root for a rich kid with a F1 driver dad and every possible advantage since being 5 years old, over a working class lad who's become one of the best of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've got an 8 year old who has become more nuts about F1 than the City. He thinks Verstappen will win.
    I've been a geek since 1990 Eric.
    Great weekend away

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    My money's on Hamilton and I want him to win. I've never understood why a lot of people, especially British people, root for a rich kid with a F1 driver dad and every possible advantage since being 5 years old, over a working class lad who's become one of the best of all time
    I'm with you on the rich kid poor kid thing

Rags to riches stuff is something we dreamed of as kids on my council estate. (even though I was the quickest by far)

When I was a kid I loved F1 as much as football. Would always get up at 4am to watch the race in Australia etc and the grand prix after Sunday dinner was a Sunday ritual.

Lost interest after 15 when I started working on a Sunday and I genuinely haven't watched s grand Prix for more than 20 years but I cant wait for Sunday.

So strange

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    When I was a kid I loved F1 as much as football. Would always get up at 4am to watch the race in Australia etc and the grand prix after Sunday dinner was a Sunday ritual.

Lost interest after 15 when I started working on a Sunday and I genuinely haven't watched s grand Prix for more than 20 years but I cant wait for Sunday.

So strange
    Watch the Drive to Survive series on Netflix, it completely reawakened my dormant love for F1

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

So strange
    I love a tear up.
    Margins of a tenth of a second over three miles and 27 corners.
    Fair play to them.

Mercedes changed their engine 3 or 4 races ago and have won every race since. It made them faster than red bull.
    Christian Horner has just said the guy who changed the circuit has improved every part for Mercedes.
    He said its David and Goliath .
    I get he could be trying to play a fast one.
    I had a few quid on Mercedes for constructors championship and Hamilton to win the championship double 3 or 4 races ago
    Barring a disaster I am confident that bet will come in...

Not remotely interested in it and couldn’t care less.who wins Everybody so excited because, very unusually for this “sport”, the Championship has not become the usual procession - stick all of the drivers in equally performing, same make cars and it may start to get a bit interesting.

Tax dodging rich twats going round and round in circles.

Grown men pissing their knickers in excitement… the mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Tax dodging rich twats going round and round in circles.

Grown men pissing their knickers in excitement… the mind boggles.
    You’ve just described numerous sports including football.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You’ve just described numerous sports including football.
    I must have missed the news where all our players became residents of Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    I must have missed the news where all our players became residents of Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Will have to be done with tactics as Hamiltons car is faster

It's not my idea of entertainment, I would rather watch cricket and that's tough

They are very skillful people but I don't consider it a sport

Round and Round

Some of you need to not get so upset about people enjoying something you don't, life's short, go for a walk or something

Scalextric is on my Christmas card list, here’s hoping.

Some of you need to not get so upset about people enjoying something you don't, life's short, go for a walk or something
    Not upset, just completely disinterested. All week the line from presenters on Radio 5 Live has been saying something along the lines of “even those of you who don’t normally follow motor sport have to be interested in Sunday’s race” and each time I’ve replied “no, not really”.

Unless it's your dry sense of humour at play, then nobody has got upset about other people liking car racing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not upset, just completely disinterested. All week the line from presenters on Radio 5 Live has been saying something along the lines of “even those of you who don’t normally follow motor sport have to be interested in Sunday’s race” and each time I’ve replied “no, not really”.
    It's not one of those types of sport that you can just slip into in my opinion, like you can with boxing, Tennis, Golf etc. Not for me.

I don’t usually follow F1 but found myself just watching the practice laps. Looking forward to the race tomorrow.