Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
I say this for two reasons.

1-Because he's probably our most saleable asset in the midfield and has only just turned 28.

2-Because the style of play that Morison is implementing does not suit Ralls in my opinion. He's slow on the ball and he lacks pace. He doesn't negate his lack of pace with positional sense either.

Same could be said of all our central midfield players, woefully lacking in so many respects. Ralls is the best of the bunch by a mile, But i do believe that he has peaked and that he isn't what is needed over the next couple of years. He has value, that's why i'm mentioning him, and those funds could see us bring in a player more suited to the more possession based style of football that we are trying to implement.

I've said plenty of times that Ralls has been unlucky with the coaches he has had, because to me, there's a good 'footballer' in there. He's always been consistent and reliable, and i think that may have worked against him. Lazy managers and coaches not experimenting with him early on in his career due to most of them having no interest in a progressive style of football.

Could we get a couple of million for ralls and invest it wisely-That's the question.
Nobody in their right mind would pay money in the millions for Ralls.When you say invest it wisely would you mean ISA’s or premium bonds or Footsie Tracker Bonds because the sort of money you’d get for Ralls would be just a down payment on the sort of money that the Jacks would want for Grimes or 0layers of his ilke.