+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it Time To Cash In On Ralls?

Re: Is it Time To Cash In On Ralls?

I think we should try to hang on to him. We won't get enough for him to replace him adequately. And we've been much better since he came back.

Gosh no, in fact give him a pay rise or 70% of Bacuna's pay.

I cant believe this has been posted.
    He is instrumental in everything good we do these days ..
    The main man.

Ralls held it together yesterday, I thought he came through the disastrous period of the match, held his own and was a huge contributor to our point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I cant believe this has been posted.
    He is instrumental in everything good we do these days ..
    The main man.
    Like i've said, for some reason i thought that he had extended and i was wrongly under the impression that he had 18 months left. So by that logic i was thinking do we sell him in the summer as he does have some value and invest in the type of player that may suit a quicker more passing orientated style of play as i don't believe that Ralls is that type of player.

I then asked whether he could play in an evolving team if he does stay, and no real response from anyone except Hartley who had an opinion on him. I know that people like him as a player but if we are to progress and change our style, then do you think that ralls can be a part of that? i'm not so sure. At the moment he's doing well, but at some point the whole midfield will have to go as they're way below where we want to be. Is joe a long term option in your opinion, and if so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ralls is one-paced, doesn't have a good footballing brain, and has a habit of getting the wrong side of his opponent when trying to make a tackle. Other than that, what's not to like about Ralls....
    5xm8dm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Take no notice of what Lee Tomlin has to say.

I would be offering him a nw contract, a decent player at this level

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I would be offering him a nw contract, a decent player at this level
    Fair enough Matt, but what does he do that you like, and do you think that he could fit in to a more possession based side?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Like i've said, for some reason i thought that he had extended and i was wrongly under the impression that he had 18 months left. So by that logic i was thinking do we sell him in the summer as he does have some value and invest in the type of player that may suit a quicker more passing orientated style of play as i don't believe that Ralls is that type of player.

I then asked whether he could play in an evolving team if he does stay, and no real response from anyone except Hartley who had an opinion on him. I know that people like him as a player but if we are to progress and change our style, then do you think that ralls can be a part of that? i'm not so sure. At the moment he's doing well, but at some point the whole midfield will have to go as they're way below where we want to be. Is joe a long term option in your opinion, and if so, why?
    When he is on the park we look like a decent side , he has definitely become more direct .It isn't something I have analysed in depth but we were much much better when he was involved. I actually thought he has finally matured into the player we had all hoped he would be
    I know negatives don't become a positive , but Bacuna is a waste of a shirt ,maybe that makes Ralls look good.

Fair enough Matt, but what does he do that you like, and do you think that he could fit in to a more possession based side?
    he is fairly direct, he appears raw and thats exciting at times, I also like " box to box players " he has a eye for the outrageous shot ( also exciting )

no, he is never going to fit into a possession based team, he isn't controlled enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    When he is on the park we look like a decent side , he has definitely become more direct .It isn't something I have analysed in depth but we were much much better when he was involved. I actually thought he has finally matured into the player we had all hoped he would be
    I know negatives don't become a positive , but Bacuna is a waste of a shirt ,maybe that makes Ralls look good.
    Thanks for the reply Jim, All that i wanted to do was get some debate going whether or not Ralls can or will fit in to a more possession based side. The selling bit i got totally wrong, due to contract length. General consensus seems to sort of be that he could fit in, i think. It's not what i think, maybe i'm wrong as the majority don't agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he is fairly direct, he appears raw and thats exciting at times, I also like " box to box players " he has a eye for the outrageous shot ( also exciting )

no, he is never going to fit into a possession based team, he isn't controlled enough
    Agree with that. Ralls is quite old school in the way he plays. The biggest issue i find when watching him is that he has never been able to offset his lack of pace by using positional play or drifting in to areas in order to anticipate things a bit better. Although i suppose that he wouldn't be with us if he could do that. A very good all rounder is joe, with some great quality on times.

Agree with that. Ralls is quite old school in the way he plays. The biggest issue i find when watching him is that he has never been able to offset his lack of pace by using positional play or drifting in to areas in order to anticipate things a bit better. Although i suppose that he wouldn't be with us if he could do that. A very good all rounder is joe, with some great quality on times.
    yea, old school is a decent shout, I guess thats maybe why I like him, todays modern footballer who can play a 10 ft pass and move just isn't that exciting to me

I say this for two reasons.

1-Because he's probably our most saleable asset in the midfield and has only just turned 28.

2-Because the style of play that Morison is implementing does not suit Ralls in my opinion. He's slow on the ball and he lacks pace. He doesn't negate his lack of pace with positional sense either.

Same could be said of all our central midfield players, woefully lacking in so many respects. Ralls is the best of the bunch by a mile, But i do believe that he has peaked and that he isn't what is needed over the next couple of years. He has value, that's why i'm mentioning him, and those funds could see us bring in a player more suited to the more possession based style of football that we are trying to implement.

I've said plenty of times that Ralls has been unlucky with the coaches he has had, because to me, there's a good 'footballer' in there. He's always been consistent and reliable, and i think that may have worked against him. Lazy managers and coaches not experimenting with him early on in his career due to most of them having no interest in a progressive style of football.

Could we get a couple of million for ralls and invest it wisely-That's the question.
    Nobody in their right mind would pay money in the millions for Ralls.When you say invest it wisely would you mean ISA’s or premium bonds or Footsie Tracker Bonds because the sort of money you’d get for Ralls would be just a down payment on the sort of money that the Jacks would want for Grimes or 0layers of his ilke.