+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s A Wonderful Life

Re: It’s A Wonderful Life

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I always watch it on Christmas Eve.
    Ditto same here. My Wife's idea but it is a brilliant film, gets you in the mood for the festivities.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Ditto same here. My Wife's idea but it is a brilliant film, gets you in the mood for the festivities.
    By feeling suicidal when visiting the in-laws?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Despite knowing it off by heart now, I always try to watch it at Christmas- hope it’s going to be on again in the next couple of weeks.
    I'm sure I've got 2 copies of it. If you've still got a dvd player and want one, I'll send it to you

The original Miracle on 34th Street was better

Smile Re: It’s A Wonderful Life

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Seeing as it's set on Christmas Eve and he's in LA to see his family, I was actually surprised at the low number of Christmas references. But if you want it to be a Christmas movie, that's fine with me.
    In the first film, his wife's name is Holly. What more proof do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I'm sure I've got 2 copies of it. If you've still got a dvd player and want one, I'll send it to you
    Thanks very much Harry, but it's okay, I'm sure I'll come across it somewhere in the next fortnight or so.

Here's another 20 best Christmas films list.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1975628.html

It's funny how It's a Wonderful Life is perceived today. It was a box-office failure when it was released in 1946 and failed to recoup its $2.3M budget. There's an interesting article about it here https://screenrant.com/its-a-wonderf...lion%20budget.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The original Miracle on 34th Street was better
    I prefer that version too. Edmund Gwenn received an Oscar for playing Kris Kringle in the original film. That beard was something else!

Thanks very much Harry, but it's okay, I'm sure I'll come across it somewhere in the next fortnight or so.

Here's another 20 best Christmas films list.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1975628.html
    👍
    Some shockers on that list, dare I say turkeys even!
    The late and much missed Cal wouldn't have been happy that Holiday Inn wasn't included

I just listened to this week's episode of Melvyn Bragg's 'In Our Time' on Radio 4 and which was dedicated to Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". Apparently, Frank Capra (the director of "It's A Wonderful Life") was a collector of Dickens paraphernalia and the aforementioned book is perceived as being hugely influential in the latter's film. Some of you clever sausages probably knew that already

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t really care either way tbh, just a great move
    Watched it with my son last night. And it was actually slightly more Christmassy than I remembered including the end credits. My son decided to look up the release date. July 15, 1988.

a good nick cave song but not his best