+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mo Salah- needs a pair of Speedos

Mo Salah- needs a pair of Speedos

He should be in the next Olympics representing Egypt at Diving. Unfortunately , he’s typical of the way our great game is going. Players go down all too easy these days and it’s not good for the game. Most players are probably told to go down in the penalty area, as there is every chance they’ll get their reward, especially with VAR to help them. It’s no wonder our game is suffering.

Re: Mo Salah- needs a pair of Speedos

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He should be in the next Olympics representing Egypt at Diving. Unfortunately , he’s typical of the way our great game is going. Players go down all too easy these days and it’s not good for the game. Most players are probably told to go down in the penalty area, as there is every chance they’ll get their reward, especially with VAR to help them. It’s no wonder our game is suffering.
    I hate divers

Phil Stant served in the Falklands, as soon as he came anywhere near a defender he fell down like he had been shot

That Tom Daley does it all the time, absolutely blatant and outrageous. Yet he never seems to get penalised! What's more I've never seen him score a goal in open play.

He'd make a splash anywhere he goes, wish we had some of these highly skilled divers , having said that would championship referees actually see the moment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Surely there's as much chance of VAR NOT giving a penalty to a player who dives?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hate divers

Phil Stant served in the Falklands, as soon as he came anywhere near a defender he fell down like he had been shot
    Genuinely? I was 8/9 when I was watching Stant so didn’t realise he was a diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Surely there's as much chance of VAR NOT giving a penalty to a player who dives?
    If there's contact and a player goes down then VAR won't overturn it. Trouble is that it's not the level of contact that has caused the player to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Genuinely? I was 8/9 when I was watching Stant so didn’t realise he was a diver.
    I watched Stant play for the City. My abiding memory of him (apart from the goals) was he would always finish a game soaked in sweat, even on a cold January evening!

Funnily enough, the tattoos too. A common feature of footballers nowadays, but not so common back then.

"Stant a diver"? - not in my eyes he wasn't.

I watched Stant play for the City. My abiding memory of him (apart from the goals) was he would always finish a game soaked in sweat, even on a cold January evening!

Funnily enough, the tattoos too. A common feature of footballers nowadays, but not so common back then.

I must have seen every game he played for us, as I was ever present at that time

He was kicked a lot back then ( but he gave some back ), was he a diver ? ? no in my eyes aswell, not even close

He did have a knack of manufacturing a foul. That may be different to ‘diving’.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He did have a knack of manufacturing a foul. That may be different to ‘diving’.
    oh he knew how to draw the foul, but thats a art in itself, kieffer does it very well

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Oh yes

Yep he took a tumble at the slightest of contact which was odd given his background

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I must have seen every game he played for us, as I was ever present at that time

He was kicked a lot back then ( but he gave some back ), was he a diver ? ? no in my eyes aswell, not even close
    He was a diver , got stuck in but fell over like a girls blouse

if I was in charge of VAR there would be a lot fewer penalties and free kicks given.

went down a bit too easily? no free kick
    rolled around pretending to be injured ? no free kick

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if I was in charge of VAR there would be a lot fewer penalties and free kicks given.

went down a bit too easily? no free kick
    rolled around pretending to be injured ? no free kick
    And send them off

And send them off
    yep.

the ones that annoy me the most are where there is some contact, and the player immediately throw their hands in the air and flick their feet up as they tumble to the ground. that's such an unnatural movement.
    if the contact isn't enough to bring them down and they go down then it should not be a free kick

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yep.

the ones that annoy me the most are where there is some contact, and the player immediately throw their hands in the air and flick their feet up as they tumble to the ground. that's such an unnatural movement.
    if the contact isn't enough to bring them down and they go down then it should not be a free kick
    It's not oh there was contact as they say on MOTD .......its what a ponce send him off he's a cheat !

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.
    His classic was right in front of the away fans at Halifax, he fell down like a sheet , 🤣, no way was it a penalty but the ref gave it

We were incredulous

Stant _- Ex SAS - Girls Blouse !!!! oh dear , are your life insurances fully paid up ?, he reads this board ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Stant _- Ex SAS - Girls Blouse !!!! oh dear , are your life insurances fully paid up ?, he reads this board ?
    He still loved conning the ref

Stant a diver
    Watching Stant and the team back then i don't think we had one player that was a known diver

Glen Murray on MOTD said Leicester's first penalty was correctly awarded with his justification being that Madison "bought" the penalty.

That just means that he dived. And he did. And it should have been a yellow card and a free kick to Newcastle.

On the subject of penalties, and I think I have said this before on here, but if the authorities are interested in changing any other aspects of the game , they should change how penalties are awarded. How is it that a striker could be running away from goal, in the furthest corner of the penalty area (20 plus yards from goal), get fouled and be awarded a free shot on goal from 12 yards ? In whose mind could that ever have been considered fair punishment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Glen Murray on MOTD said Leicester's first penalty was correctly awarded with his justification being that Madison "bought" the penalty.

That just means that he dived. And he did. And it should have been a yellow card and a free kick to Newcastle.

On the subject of penalties, and I think I have said this before on here, but if the authorities are interested in changing any other aspects of the game , they should change how penalties are awarded. How is it that a striker could be running away from goal, in the furthest corner of the penalty area (20 plus yards from goal), get fouled and be awarded a free shot on goal from 12 yards ? In whose mind could that ever have been considered fair punishment ?
    Absolutely, it's cheating

I hate diving , the fact that our own players do it doesn't make it right

The football authorities are tossers and are chinless and spineless

Every game should be analysed for free kicks and penalties and action taken against players who con the ref

Not a yellow card

A six match ban

Mo Salah won't be flying in the air like a pone then as he will be sat in the stand

It won't end diving and cheating but it will cut it down

And that's got to be a move forward