+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drakefords announcement Friday

Drakefords announcement Friday

just been told;Drakefords announcement Friday. Rule of 6 in pubs,table service only,2 household bubbles,sporting events behind closed doors,all big events cancelled,night clubs closing.Gyms stay open with reduced capacity,same with supermarkets and face masks mandatory.

Re: Drakefords announcement Friday

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    just been told;Drakefords announcement Friday. Rule of 6 in pubs,table service only,2 household bubbles,sporting events behind closed doors,all big events cancelled,night clubs closing.Gyms stay open with reduced capacity,same with supermarkets and face masks mandatory.
    You forgot schools. remote learning in New Year

I'm glad table service is back, saves hanging around the bar

Told by who mate? Not digging you out, just wondering how likely this is to be true

More importantly, how are you after your recent experience, Sneggy? OK, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Told by who mate? Not digging you out, just wondering how likely this is to be true
    This rumour is circulating a lot. Ive seen a couple of messages with the same.

Last Friday I was out in 2 pubs. Landlords in both were hearing rumours of even a complete shutdown after close this Friday.

I think its very likely there will be further restrictions so it wouldnt suprise me if this turns out to be true. The op that is but not complete closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This rumour is circulating a lot. Ive seen a couple of messages with the same.

Last Friday I was out in 2 pubs. Landlords in both were hearing rumours of even a complete shutdown after close this Friday.

I think its very likely there will be further restrictions so it wouldnt suprise me if this turns out to be true. The op that is but not complete closure.
    Spending too much time on Facebook me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Spending too much time on Facebook me thinks.
    Not me. Not on it. 😂😂

What is the point? Everyone is going to catch Covid in the next few weeks. You just have to hope that you don't need hospital treatment at the beginning of January.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What is the point? Everyone is going to catch Covid in the next few weeks. You just have to hope that you don't need hospital treatment at the beginning of January.
    At last! Someone with a plan!

Teachers in Wales have been emailed to 'prepare for remote learning' in the New Term year. When you consider Drakeford would consult with others on this, along with their secretaries, No 2's, then their close family, friends, you have probably a couple of hundred in the loop so to speak. No way would that stay secret for very long.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    ... is the attitude that is going to leave a lot of people in serious peril.

Cue plenty of Drakeford bashing ....

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    ... is the attitude that is going to leave a lot of people in serious peril.
    very, very, extremely, serious peril indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Cue plenty of Drakeford bashing ....
    Agreed.

I don't really understand the bashers' logic. Clearly if Drakeford institutes more safety measures it will make him unpopular. So, what would be his motivation? Apart from an abundance of care for public health in a global pandemic. He's doing the correct thing; listening to the science and acting promptly.

Nurse just visited mum to give her booster jab

She hasn't heard anything

Said most likely thing to happen was a tightening up of some restrictions and no entry etc to those not jabbed to bring us into line with Europe.

If the tory government are having parties then the rest of the country is hardly likely to agree to restrictions

How's it going to be policed ?

If I was running the country I would try and implement a lockdown even if I knew it was going to be ignored by some .

Agreed.

I don't really understand the bashers' logic. Clearly if Drakeford institutes more safety measures it will make him unpopular. So, what would be his motivation? Apart from an abundance of care for public health in a global pandemic. He's doing the correct thing; listening to the science and acting promptly.
    Of course he is but it won't be listened to by all

Agreed.

Yep, all sounds fairly sensible based on how this variant seems to be ripping through countries for fun

What's the R rate for rumours doing the rounds these days?
    Are they doubling every 2 or 3 days just like Omicron?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if more restrictions were brought in, but now that we're 2 weeks into this new wave, there should be more data on hospitalisations and deaths, but we're not seeing anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    At last! Someone with a plan!
    The new variant seems to be so infectious that those sort of restrictions will barely affect the number of cases this time. The vast majority of people are going to be fine, but anyone who is high risk should probably start shielding ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You forgot schools. remote learning in New Year
    Schools staying open I heard, damage done to kids being home is pretty scary.

Derby fans won't be happy
    They have already booked their husky sevice.

One of the chippies that my sons employ has a partner who works in the Welsh Assy,Bang on the money last time.

One of the chippies that my sons employ has a partner who works in the Welsh Assy,Bang on the money last time.

No fans allowed in at the Derby match then?