+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drakefords announcement Friday

First Team

Re: Drakefords announcement Friday

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Teachers in Wales have been emailed to 'prepare for remote learning' in the New Term year. When you consider Drakeford would consult with others on this, along with their secretaries, No 2's, then their close family, friends, you have probably a couple of hundred in the loop so to speak. No way would that stay secret for very long.
    I just spoke to a Cardiff headteacher and no email has been sent to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    True but it is great though
    Not a fan of table service at all, isolates you too much. I enjoy going up to the bar and having a chat with others while I’m waiting to get served.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not a fan of table service at all, isolates you too much. I enjoy going up to the bar and having a chat with others while I’m waiting to get served.
    Maybe it's from being stood at the bar with you that my love of table service has grown

The aim is to reduce hospitalisation

If kids get covid , if most of the population get covid , we are ok

Restrictions on schools , going on the piss , going to mass gatherings etc are all a bit much but if they are put in place they are there to stop the spread .

Because one of our friends or relatives could be the poor sod who snuffs it at 45 because the hospital couldn't get him or her treated in time .

I honestly don't know why people don't suck it up and try and abide by the advice given by the scientists .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The aim is to reduce hospitalisation

If kids get covid , if most of the population get covid , we are ok

Restrictions on schools , going on the piss , going to mass gatherings etc are all a bit much but if they are put in place they are there to stop the spread .

Because one of our friends or relatives could be the poor sod who snuffs it at 45 because the hospital couldn't get him or her treated in time .

I honestly don't know why people don't suck it up and try and abide by the advice given by the scientists .
    I'll abide by the rules but I can absolutely see why some people won't at this stage, the goalposts keep shifting and those shifting them aren't following the rules themselves

I can't see Drakeford putting all of those restrictions the OP mentioned in place. The more he tries to impose, the more that people will choose to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe it's from being stood at the bar with you that my love of table service has grown
    Never mind the cheering, get the f*cking beer in

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Boris is keeping England open as more an more people getting jabs and boosters.

More mask wearing and vaccine proof/neg LFT for larger events. Use common sense and generally go about your business

Seems a sensible approach to me. No self isolation for close contacts if you are negative. So the show can stay on the road.

Drakeford is going to make himself pretty unpopular if he closes things down.
    Particularly with only 60 cases here, 120 by the time he speaks….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Particularly with only 60 cases here, 120 by the time he speaks….
    Cases doubling nearly once per day now, so could be 240 by Friday. By next Wednesday 7680 if it keeps up at that rate!!!

Derby's off then (for spectators), if this is true:
    "Sporting events with more than 500 people must be played behind closed doors."

Is the Welsh Government going to compensate all the businesses that it forces to shut?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is the Welsh Government going to compensate all the businesses that it forces to shut?
    They will place they begging bowl out to Westminster as usual. And they know it.

Closing nightclubs on Black Friday will be a popular one

This is near enough what I heard today from a pub manager.

Completely over the top and makes you ask what has changed in two years...other than most of us have been jabbed numerous times, which was supposed to return life to some sort of normality

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The decisions were taken due to diminishing confidence in the UK Government in Westminster. Party politics again then ffs…..

I would like to know what the scientific community on here think drakeford should do ?

Let's have it

If mask wearing in supermarkets is anything to go by, loads of people will just decide that the rules don't apply to them. Problem solved.

So according to that, no crowd on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So according to that, no crowd on Saturday.
    Hot air balloon and a telescope it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would like to know what the scientific community on here think drakeford should do ?

Let's have it
    Don’t change anything.

Pubs over the border going to get busier hey

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don’t change anything.
    Vaccine passports for all the things he’s shutting

lots more hospitality business's will be gone if they force these restrictions through

I wonder if Drakeford / Sturgeon will blame Westminster ? ??

The only new restriction that really could affect me is household bubbles. I've basically been shielding since the start and have had 3 jabs. I can't have my booster until the end of February if the 12 week gap is maintained, dont really intend to spend any decent amount of time in a crowded place.
    We intend to have 3 households for Christmas dinner and even if we're restricted to 2, we'll probably still go ahead and not change our plans. Everyone else coming would have had their booster and will take a test before coming, so I can't see really what harm it could do.