+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Drakefords announcement Friday

Re: Drakefords announcement Friday

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I often think he's holding back because he doesn't want to say something that could undermine the Government's message being delivered that day.
    Also I think sometimes Boris asks the scientists, unfairly, to answer a question that he should be answering himself.
    Boris really shouldn't be answering any questions himself. This isn't the time to hold the PM's feet to the fire, when those feet are attached to a dangerous moron.

I don't think the scientists have really changed their tune at all. For years (not just since the start of this pandemic), they have been warning of exactly this outcome. The imbecilic right wing (mostly in America) reads this to mean that it was pre-planned, but it wasn't. It was predicted. With a fairly high degree of accuracy. Boris is playing the blundering idiot because it comes naturally to him. He is not an intellegent man playing the role of a moron. He is a moron. You can take the act at face value. But those around him are well aware that this was an inevitability. It's just that all government thinking is short-term, and so nobody planned for it because there was no policital ground to be gained in doing so. The pandemic just happened to land on whomever was in office at the time. For the UK and the US, this was very unfortunate, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That will only happen if there is no demand for any of the things you mention. I'd say the opposite will happen, there is likely to be a boom in hospitality and Travel when there are no restrictions whatsoever.
    I don’t think we’ll see that for a very long time, maybe never.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Maybe but far more people alive thank goodness.
    Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Boris really shouldn't be answering any questions himself. This isn't the time to hold the PM's feet to the fire, when those feet are attached to a dangerous moron.

I don't think the scientists have really changed their tune at all. For years (not just since the start of this pandemic), they have been warning of exactly this outcome. The imbecilic right wing (mostly in America) reads this to mean that it was pre-planned, but it wasn't. It was predicted. With a fairly high degree of accuracy. Boris is playing the blundering idiot because it comes naturally to him. He is not an intellegent man playing the role of a moron. He is a moron. You can take the act at face value. But those around him are well aware that this was an inevitability. It's just that all government thinking is short-term, and so nobody planned for it because there was no policital ground to be gained in doing so. The pandemic just happened to land on whomever was in office at the time. For the UK and the US, this was very unfortunate, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

My brother was a Major in the army, working last off in Royal Stoke hospitals A&E. He has said for years there’s a global pandemic coming and that successive governments have ignored the warnings. Now the world is paying the price.

Unfortunately he died of cancer just before the pandemic, he will be looking down saying I told you so.

Here’s one of the articles written about him, we are so proud of him. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-week-17681513

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Really ?
    Yes really! I get the impression you doubt it. Maybe the news of the pandemic has passed you by. There's an ongoing vaccination and booster program which has been established to keep more people alive. All good news.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    My brother was a Major in the army, working last off in Royal Stoke hospitals A&E. He has said for years there’s a global pandemic coming and that successive governments have ignored the warnings. Now the world is paying the price.

Unfortunately he died of cancer just before the pandemic, he will be looking down saying I told you so.

Here’s one of the articles written about him, we are so proud of him. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-week-17681513
    Sorry for your loss. He sounds like quite a man.

Rest In Peace

Commiserations to you and your family.

Too young.