+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drakefords announcement Friday

Re: Drakefords announcement Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ruined .

I am off to find another thread . I like a bit of hand wringing around this time of night.
    phew breakfast and beer back on for the snowflakes saturday

tickets on sale for all and sundry. football games, cinemas, theatres, concerts.

would be a total shitshow if all got cancelled and people left with 'credit notes'

Welsh gov got it right with covid passes in my opinion, they’ll have to bring in rules but I hope it’s only lower level restrictions and for everyone’s sake not hard restrictions.

Here in Melbourne we have a double vaccination rate of 92.2% (over 12 year olds) and have used a covid pass for restaurants etc successfully for months but omicron is only a handful of international arrivals so far, Sydney however have some in the community, they were averaging 300-400 cases a day 2-3 weeks ago, today 1750! Cases numbers are going to explode across the world if it’s doing that here in a recently highly vaccinated population.

Surely any large indoor events, clubs, bars etc are in the firing line for closures

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Welsh gov got it right with covid passes in my opinion, they’ll have to bring in rules but I hope it’s only lower level restrictions and for everyone’s sake not hard restrictions.

Here in Melbourne we have a double vaccination rate of 92.2% (over 12 year olds) and have used a covid pass for restaurants etc successfully for months but omicron is only a handful of international arrivals so far, Sydney however have some in the community, they were averaging 300-400 cases a day 2-3 weeks ago, today 1750! Cases numbers are going to explode across the world if it’s doing that here in a recently highly vaccinated population.

Surely any large indoor events, clubs, bars etc are in the firing line for closures
    No boosters in Oz yet I guess? What jabs you have mainly over there?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No boosters in Oz yet I guess? What jabs you have mainly over there?
    All the usual ones, Pfizer, Astra and Moderna. Boosters are being rolled out but at the moment only for people over 5 months since their 2nd jab. It's only about 2 months since I was fully vaxxed so a while longer for me, I was planning on coming home to Wales for Christmas but this spike is very concerning.

All the usual ones, Pfizer, Astra and Moderna. Boosters are being rolled out but at the moment only for people over 5 months since their 2nd jab. It's only about 2 months since I was fully vaxxed so a while longer for me, I was planning on coming home to Wales for Christmas but this spike is very concerning.
    I wouldn’t you’ll never get back into Oz……

Steal a sheep or something, do they still send people there for things like that?

Things may change but I'm eligible to return as a PR, there is also only a 72 hour isolation on arrival and a day 1 and 5 test. Sydney have even removed entry restrictions on the original African countries with Omicron. The hard border has gone, it is literally harder to get to Perth than to Wales and back

Things may change but I'm eligible to return as a PR, there is also only a 72 hour isolation on arrival and a day 1 and 5 test. Sydney have even removed entry restrictions on the original African countries with Omicron. The hard border has gone, it is literally harder to get to Perth than to Wales and back
    I know of an Australian chap who is resident in the UK who has just served 14 days quarantine in an hotel room in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    There is a Cobra meeting going on as I type this I think and I think the outlook is not good.The thing thats always perplexed me is that there are loads of people on here and the other board that'll berate Drakeford Sturgeon and Boris at the drop of a hat but has anyone given any thought on the aforementioned not doing anything about the latest variant. Alot of people seem to be basing their argument on the fact that it doesn't seem to be as bad or is much weaker and not likely to kill many but when you realise the average age of the South African population is under 20yrs old and the UK is over 40 you begin to see the politicians dilemma insomuch as their data is useless as a guide to how this variant can affect an older population.And the controversial bit is I don't think they are as concerned about the number of deaths this variant could cause but the size of the bed blockage nationally if this variant is strong enough to put people in hospital but not being able to cure them fast enough to discharge them.Because of this I feel this variant will put the biggest strain yet on the NHS even though they are arguably better prepared this time around.
    So, admit it, you literally are doing the equivalent of getting your information off the back of a fag packet. I hope you feel proud of yourself.

Drakeford is buggered without the Furlough support ,so lockdown won't get easy .

32 cases shouldn't be creating hysteria, I think all these leaks are about forcing folk to get the booster, once again pollard the issue

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    32 cases shouldn't be creating hysteria, I think all these leaks are about forcing folk to get the booster, once again pollard the issue
    Pollard the issue? What on earth does that mean?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Drakeford is buggered without the Furlough support ,so lockdown won't get easy .

I'm not totally sure what you mean by "leaks"? If you mean suggesting people get vaccinated in a pandemic wave by accentuating the current danger with snippets of information, how dare they! I mean that would be totally sensical.

It's amusing , in an ironic sort of way , that all these people have either not been getting jabbed on the grounds of feck it , its all a hoax or I have had two jabs , I will be OK or booking a jab and not even showing up ......what utter wankers ........the new variant emerges and the lines of people outside the jab centres is fecking huge ! 😆

Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Pollard the issue? What on earth does that mean?
    Something to do with that daft woman in Hi De Hi? I can remember a couple of cricketers with that surname if that helps.

The Somerset Levels are known for the practice of pollarding willow trees i.e. pruning them in such a way to promote growth of dense branches.

The first known use of pollard was in 1611. Good to see its revival in everyday parlance.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's amusing , in an ironic sort of way , that all these people have either not been getting jabbed on the grounds of feck it , its all a hoax or I have had two jabs , I will be OK or booking a jab and not even showing up ......what utter wankers ........the new variant emerges and the lines of people outside the jab centres is fecking huge ! 😆

Idiots
    Do you know it’s the unjabbed that are queuing up?

I’m really against the covid passes - and if someone really wants to try and manipulate that pass they can quite easily

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m really against the covid passes - and if someone really wants to try and manipulate that pass they can quite easily
    I’ve got a paper pass - I could have shown the steward a shopping list at the Sheffield United match for all of the attention he paid to it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Agree, we can’t go on like this year after year
    What will happen when Covid becomes secondary to seasonal winter 'flu ? The Govt. now has a template for these things, and with - let's say 90-95% - of the population still compliant after 2 years, I have no doubt that we'll see restrictions on movement, gatherings, wearing of masks, etc., each winter.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve got a paper pass - I could have shown the steward a shopping list at the Sheffield United match for all of the attention he paid to it.
    Agreed, passports are uselsss. Queued for 30 minutes to get into Madness on monday night, and then was pretty much waved straight in. The queuing probably increased the covid risk rather more than the passport reduced it!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Agreed, passports are uselsss. Queued for 30 minutes to get into Madness on monday night, and then was pretty much waved straight in. The queuing probably increased the covid risk rather more than the passport reduced it!
    In one

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Seems a bit daft that you can get a passport after having your second jab, but at the same time we all need a booster to help reduce the spread of omicron.

Just heard from daughters school that all schools in Wales are staying closed on the 4th and 5th January. This must be the first decision coming from the cabinet meting today