+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drakefords announcement Friday

Re: Drakefords announcement Friday

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    just been told;Drakefords announcement Friday. Rule of 6 in pubs,table service only,2 household bubbles,sporting events behind closed doors,all big events cancelled,night clubs closing.Gyms stay open with reduced capacity,same with supermarkets and face masks mandatory.
    Almost as bad as all this WhatsApp crap going around!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Only confirmed Omicron death so far was an unvaccinated guy in his 70s
    https://order-order.com/2021/12/16/f...eptuagenarian/
    This is serous stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Exactly. Jesus Christ, if people need the government to tell them how to safely go to the shops then I would say that it is unsafe for them to go to the shops. Or probably the toilet.

With the announcements now being made weekly our game being off and, most probably Swansea’s, it solves the biggest ‘large gathering’ problem of the week without any intervention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59685864

Nightclubs will close in Wales after Boxing Day in response to the Omicron variant of coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59685864

Nightclubs will close in Wales after Boxing Day in response to the Omicron variant of coronavirus.
    Wasn't the whole point of Covid passes to keep places like nightclubs open?

Deaths are minimal
    This virus isn’t nearly as bad as people thought it was going to be
    If people are happy to accept the risks let them get on with it
    For the workers, just make sure your employees are protected

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of Covid passes to keep places like nightclubs open?
    i see what you mean city123

if they are going to close nightclubs why not go the whole hog and close everything down after boxing day

follow the science ..........i don't get it does anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i see what you mean city123

if they are going to close nightclubs why not go the whole hog and close everything down after boxing day

follow the science ..........i don't get it does anyone ?
    At the rate that Omicron is spreading, there is a decent chance that infections peak before these measures come into force, particularly in the age groups that are most likely to attend nightclubs.

Banned

I'll obey the rules me

At the rate that Omicron is spreading, there is a decent chance that infections peak before these measures come into force, particularly in the age groups that are most likely to attend nightclubs.
    what is the peak ?

an estimated 1 million people will get this new variant before xmas meaning these people will have to isolate over xmas

caught covid last month so feel safe i won't get this new variant hopefully !

i think we should have a 2 week lock down starting from Monday

No clubbing from Boxing Day ,that is so unfair love a good clubbing ,oh well Walkabout it is..

They will all be going for it this weekend that’s for sure…..taking it home for Christmas

Does these restrictions mean that is what they are going to stand as for the next week? I thought restrictions were being reviewed today, should we be expecting more?

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Does these restrictions mean that is what they are going to stand as for the next week? I thought restrictions were being reviewed today, should we be expecting more?
    I’d be amazed if the rule of six thing wasn’t announced but maybe not….the way whitty is talking this one is like a short sharp shock that will peak soon and pass so I can see the logic behind doing as much as possible right now so we can carry on as normal again in Jan Feb

The press conference is today for what he announced yesterday so there won't be anything extra.
    However, given that we're currently on weekly reviews there could still be changes next week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The press conference is today for what he announced yesterday so there won't be anything extra.
    However, given that we're currently on weekly reviews there could still be changes next week.
    I'm flying in from overseas so I just want to know what restrictions I'm flying into, if I know its a lockdown it's a dealbreaker for me but if one gets introduced after I'm there next week after Christmas/NY then it's tough shit

I'm flying in from overseas so I just want to know what restrictions I'm flying into, if I know its a lockdown it's a dealbreaker for me but if one gets introduced after I'm there next week after Christmas/NY then it's tough shit
    Pubs and stuff will be open….just a bit more distancing I think. He’s telling everyone at lunchtime not that I’ll be listening as stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Pubs and stuff will be open….just a bit more distancing I think. He’s telling everyone at lunchtime not that I’ll be listening as stuff to do.
    Yeah to be honest as long as there isn't really harsh restrictions or any closures it won't effect me, spending time with family is the main goal of being back

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They will all be going for it this weekend that’s for sure…..taking it home for Christmas
    You got it ,herding at its finest and probably the best way out of this crisis get ones T & B cells working

T cells and B cells in COVID-19
    Since most people have not been exposed to the novel coronavirus, it can safely be assumed that uninfected people have no memory T and B cells and therefore no protection from a COVID-19 infection. Technically speaking, as with any other infection, COVID-19 should generate an immune response, priming the proliferation of anti-COVID T and B cells.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You got it ,herding at its finest and probably the best way out of this crisis get ones T & B cells working

T cells and B cells in COVID-19
    Since most people have not been exposed to the novel coronavirus, it can safely be assumed that uninfected people have no memory T and B cells and therefore no protection from a COVID-19 infection. Technically speaking, as with any other infection, COVID-19 should generate an immune response, priming the proliferation of anti-COVID T and B cells.
    It's comforting to have an epedemiologist on the board who can explain the virology to us.

he looked like hes enjoying this

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No clubbing from Boxing Day ,that is so unfair love a good clubbing ,oh well Walkabout it is..
    Seal will be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It's comforting to have an epedemiologist on the board who can explain the virology to us.
    And in perefectly-formed sentences too.